Knives becoming weapon of choice in Gemme's Worcester

wow femme iis a shit for brains moron. I guess next time I go to Worcester I can't bring my knife but I can carry my glock LOL

One of the things I love about Worcester and Boston are my ability to smugly smile with each step taken knowing that I'm not confined like their denizens to be a name on a police report. I arm armed with both a knife and gun. Opps I mean cutting tool and firearm. Opps I mean paper divider and flute of percussion.

---

Its amazing that they moved their the focus from guns to knives to the general sentiment that people do not need means to defend themselves despite being surrounded by those who would do them harm.

Separately, I wonder about the survivability of people who do not understand the value of a knife, not a giant Bowie, but a small cutting tool.

The end use is again, like the firearm, defined by the user and no law will change that.

Another piece of feel good BS that will do nothing to deter criminals and will only affect the innocent.
We really need to clean house of these turds that blame objects as the cause of crime instead of criminals.

this jackass is at it again, a knife or a gun is not a weapon there tools just like gemme[smile]. next thing there going to try banning my miter saw because i could cut somones head off with it.

Last edited:
this jackass is at it again, a knife or a gun is not a weapon there tools just like gemme[smile]. next thing there going to try banning my miter saw because i could cut somones head off with it.

Not an outright ban, but you will be restricted to nothing larger than an 8.25" blade, and no crosscut miter saws, unless of course they were "PreBan"

Why not just make carrying a ballpoint pen illegal as well since not only can you stab someone with it but you can also write nasty things that may hurt their wittle feelings?

Now I guess this officially makes Worcester the safest community in the republik. I'm glad I have no business in Worcester. If Chief Gemme can't hack his job with conventional law enforcement tools and techniques, he can legislate crime out of the city. Morons. Seriously. What a goober.

Without a LTC, I'd get me one of those walking sticks. Gemme would probably require you to carry a note from a chiropractor. Have I called him a moron yet?

Last edited:
Now our knives

From todays T&G.
Titled: Anti knife ordinance of dubious value.

A proposed ordinance aimed at reducing knife violence has the right motivation — reducing the number of mostly late-night stabbings in Worcester recently — but it is doubtful outlawing knives with blades longer than 1 1/2 inches would be an effective response.

The ordinance, setting a $300 fine for carrying any knife with a blade longer than that of a typical pen knife, might send a message to young people that carrying knives is unnecessary and risky.

However, the long list of exceptions written into the proposal testifies to the virtual impossibility of fairly enforcing it: Knives used for work, hunting, fishing or hobbies would be exempt, along with those just purchased or being transported to a dealer for repair. In addition, businesses that sell knives would be exempt from the proposed rules, as would parents or individuals age 18 or older selling, giving or delivering a knife to a family member.

District Attorney Joseph D. Early’s statement that police would have broad discretion in enforcing such an ordinance so people would not be wrongly caught up in its provisions was meant to reassure the City Council. But when enforcement of an ordinance may vary greatly from officer to officer, how can it be said to be equitable or fair?

We share city officials’ concern about the recent rise in knife violence. We applaud efforts by the police department, particularly in regard to the outbursts of late-night violence related to the city’s bar and nightclub scene. What is needed is not to enact a new, hard-to-enforce ordinance, but to build on successful statutes and enforcement methods already in place.

So a criminal who has no problem violating laws that say you can't murder, rape, steal, mug, assault etc. are going to obey a law saying they can't carry knives? New voter initiative for next year - Legislators need to take and score well on an IQ test before their name can appear on the ballot.

There is a meeting at 5:00 today in the City Council Chamber (3rd floor) in City Hall, which has a citizen comments portion. Anyone going?

Can someone tell me how the (&*^%&%^*( carrying a knife is unnecessary?

I was just ranting about this with my wife the other day - the rate of people that are unable to help themselves and contributing to the decline of the United States is directly related to the lack of men (ok, ladies too) carrying pocketknives! Seriously, I know it sounds stupid, but anyone who carries a knife is generally more capable of helping themselves in a situation.

Here's a test, next time you see someone with a flat tire, see if they're on the cell phone or fixing it (guys in tuxedos and ladies in miniskirts, etc are exempt from having to fix their own tires) - ask if they've got a pocketknife. Chances are, the guy on the cell phone won't have one and the guy fixing the tire will.

Unnecessary my foot - there are a million uses for a knife every day, and sometimes it is handier to have more than an inch and a half (that's what she said- the office).

first guns, then knives, the baseball bats, then golf clubs, then we all have to have our arms and legs amputated at birth.

WTF is wrong with the world?

Unnecessary my foot - there are a million uses for a knife every day, and sometimes it is handier to have more than an inch and a half (that's what she said- the office).

Well said! I carry at least one pocket knife every day. I find myself lost if I forget to put it "on" in the morning. Another pet peeve we share is that people don't know how to change their tires. It ain't rocket science people! [rolleyes]

Two things that I'm lost with when I leave the house. My watch and my knife.

And I have to agree with Tuna....most people that carry a knife every day have a tendency to be more self sufficient.

Although, if I'm in a tux, and I have a flat, you'll see me on the phone calling AAA. But only because I wouldn't be able to afford to replace the tux after getting it all craped up from changing the tire.

But if you asked if I had a knife...I would pull out my trusty Benchmade. [smile]

if I'm dressed i have a Gerber multi tool, my SD knife and a small folding pocket knife. i have had to bail people out that are lower on the pecking order with my tools plenty of times.

There is a meeting at 5:00 today in the City Council Chamber (3rd floor) in City Hall, which has a citizen comments portion. Anyone going?

I wish I could, but I can't go to worcester in the middle of the week, especially not for just a few hours (I'm at school in Bourne)

“You can’t make too many valid arguments for carrying a 6-inch blade in your pocket in downtown Worcester on a Saturday night,”

Thats a godamn joke if Ive ever heard. I worked as a bouncer at a nightclub in downtown worcester across from Irish times. I cant even tell you how many times at the end of the night Id have to "batten down the hatches" cause the hundreds of people milling around on main street would start some huge ass brawl......nothing but scumbags in that city, especially downtown, well not all scumbags but a good portion. I absolutely refuse to go into worcester without carrying, not even an option. screw knives whos got a jeep mounted .50??[angry]

Back
Top Bottom