'Just call them n*****s': Baltimore city councilman

Classic liberalism and victimism. Lets not take responsibility but rather shift it to some other factor. So when I punch you in the face, its not my fault but the fault I feel I am being forced to do it by some invisible force. What a bunch of crap. These punks have no connection with anything other than being thug opportunists. If I had a store there I would have reacted like several Asian store owners during the LA riots...Locked and Loaded. The Guard should use a fire hose loaded with mace on the crowd, that will break it up :)

There is a non-trivial portion of any population that will steal given a chance to get away with it and avoid the chance of any criminal stigma.

In the urban areas, this takes the form of looting.

In the suburbs, it takes the form of wearing a neck brace, repeating the phrase "the pain, oh the pain!", and getting a contingency fee attorney when in an injury-free auto accident.

Great strategy - burn down and loot your neighborhood.

That is why these areas don't have stores or jobs.

No business in their right mind wants that type of risk.

The Koreans do. Had a Korean friend I used to go shooting with in Baltimore, his family owned a liquor store in a bad neighborhood in Baltimore, the kind with revolving thick plastic door to dispense liquor. He said people used to use the store to do drug deals inside.

His dad had a .38 special as the store defense weapon - I couldn't hit paper at 15 feet with that thing, lol.

Even earlier than that, black families were firmly in the middle class. One of the things that precipitated the change is that when the big highway projects etc of the 40s and 50s were put in, eminent domain was used to seize property, predominantly from black families. These families ended up in the projects, and the downward cycle started. .gov has its dirty hands all over this stuff - they even admit it http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/FINAL_FY14_Eminent-Domain-Report.pdf
heck, the first real slave owner was black. how far have they fallen. [hmmm]

There is a non-trivial portion of any population that will steal given a chance to get away with it and avoid the chance of any criminal stigma.

In the urban areas, this takes the form of looting.

In the suburbs, it takes the form of wearing a neck brace, repeating the phrase "the pain, oh the pain!", and getting a contingency fee attorney when in an injury-free auto accident.
the neck brace knows no socioeconomic bounds. [laugh]

It's funny how n word could be used freely and specified for this case by any black people. Not us though, you will commit a bigger crime if we call those thugs n******. We live in a ****ed up world.

What a racist thing to say....like there isn't any white folk out there not being thugs? I'm amazed CNN would even call them thugs, I would expect them to label them as victims. They are as liberal as a news station can get, kudos to them for actually describing them for what they are. White, black, yellow, or pink, all those fools are thugs to say the least.

I always wanted to go to baltimore and try some blue crab, after all this crap I'll pass.

That blowhole is part of, if not most of the problem.
How the hell do you expect people to act when they learn from people like him that no matter what you do it's not your fault?
If I ever meet that mom who knocked the crap out of junior for being an a-hole I'm gonna plant a big kiss on her.

Again some of you are using reasons as excuses and mixing the two. We can give reasons for the rise of tyrannical regimes in history or even slavery in modern times. I don't understand why some people can't accept the facts. Nobody is giving anyone a free pass, but if one refuses to acknowledge the root causes of the problem, then there can be no solution.

Part of the break down of the African American family structure in addition to the reasons cited is our welfare system which rewards single parenthood and penalizes married couples.

Is there really a solution to all of this? That's a very good question and I'm not sure if anyone has an answer.

It's funny how n word could be used freely and specified for this case by any black people. Not us though, you will commit a bigger crime if we call those thugs n******. We live in a ****ed up world.

The "you're a racist" game is heavily rigged. As you say, when people cannot use a certain word based on their skin color, what is that if not racist? But I guess it only goes in one direction..yeah, that makes sense.

Is there really a solution to all of this? That's a very good question and I'm not sure if anyone has an answer.

I think that there is a solution, but it is one that would take years to change(unless forced) and frankly won't happen given today's culture of moral equivalence.

As you say, the welfare system rewards single parents, and rewards you for more children(whether you care for them or not). But the structure and culture in black communities is broken, and until -ahem - 'leaders' like Obama, who could be a force for moral direction, but plays the blame game instead, lead the black community towards a more functional societal structure, you won't fix anything.

Like I said earlier, if you look at what MLK did, Obama has the pulpit and huge resources at his disposal. Instead, he basically calls congress racist and blames white america for black america's problems.

Then there are the economic aspects of it. Growth under Obama is non-existent, and unemployment among black men under 24 is 30-50%. They have nothing to do but get in trouble.

Let's be blunt: social policy in the U.S. Is to store the very poor, black and white, out of sight and out of mind. It isn't that we aren't spending money on the problem: we have spent untold billions since the 50's. But we are spending that money to keep things the way they are, not to fix anything.

"'These are children who have been set aside, marginalized, who have not been engaged by us."

I just KNEW it was somehow OUR fault for this! [grin]

I would not call them N's. I would call them "people who should be arrested and tried"

Last edited:
I would not call the N's. I would call them "people who should be arrested and tried"

I thnk that his point is that by calling them thugs, you are merely judging their actions through the lens of racism, so when you call them 'thugs', you are really calling them the word only black people can use to refer to themselves, and since you are racist, you really have no right to apply your twisted sense of morality to their actions.

- - - Updated - - -

hey, im a eurocentric racist, america is what im talkin about.

Funny, isn't it, how the entire slavery narrative breaks down once you look beyond the borders of the US?

BTW, I want reparations from all the dumb Pollack jokes I had to endure when I was a kid! Send the money to this address....

I think that there is a solution, but it is one that would take years to change(unless forced) and frankly won't happen given today's culture of moral equivalence.

As you say, the welfare system rewards single parents, and rewards you for more children(whether you care for them or not). But the structure and culture in black communities is broken, and until -ahem - 'leaders' like Obama, who could be a force for moral direction, but plays the blame game instead, lead the black community towards a more functional societal structure, you won't fix anything.

Like I said earlier, if you look at what MLK did, Obama has the pulpit and huge resources at his disposal. Instead, he basically calls congress racist and blames white america for black america's problems.

Then there are the economic aspects of it. Growth under Obama is non-existent, and unemployment among black men under 24 is 30-50%. They have nothing to do but get in trouble.

Let's be blunt: social policy in the U.S. Is to store the very poor, black and white, out of sight and out of mind. It isn't that we aren't spending money on the problem: we have spent untold billions since the 50's. But we are spending that money to keep things the way they are, not to fix anything.
the problem is that laziness/entitlement has been bred/taught to them for the last 50 years. the cycle has to be broken over a few generations by cutting benefits every month by a small percentage and making the benefits more basic, not a life of luxury as it it is today. also, not allowing new takers on board, i would be willing to pay for Norplant implants with yearly bonuses for keeping it in.

BTW, I want reparations from all the dumb Pollack jokes I had to endure when I was a kid! Send the money to this address....

I want reparations from the Brits for my ancestors in Ireland. How long did the Brits steal, rape, pillage, kill and enslave the people in Ireland for? Much much longer than black people were slaves here.

I want reparations from the Brits for my ancestors in Ireland. How long did the Brits steal, rape, pillage, kill and enslave the people in Ireland for? Much much longer than black people were slaves here.

Over the years the British Government has engaged in favorable agreements with the Irish Republic and Irish citizens enjoy special immigration, travel and work status within the UK. I think the British Government generally recognizes the fact, somewhat begrudgingly that it's Irish policy was unfair, unjust and brutal, and has tried to make amends.

Reparations on an individual basis is stupid and when people make remarks like that, it's just banal. Actually after the Civil War, the Government attempted to assist freed slaves with the Freed Mans Bureau. This lasted from 1866 to 1872. It's lasting legacy was the establishment of historically black colleges. So the issue has been addressed.

From the looks of your avatar I'd say you appear more North Korean than Irish. Why you would pick choose to identify with one of the most evil people alive on the planet is beyond me, but it is your choice, your right, but not too funny IMO.

yeah, damn right! and i take exception to that foolish celtics mascot, lucky the leprechaun. and further more, how about changing the team name

Over the years the British Government has engaged in favorable agreements with the Irish Republic and Irish citizens enjoy special immigration, travel and work status within the UK. I think the British Government generally recognizes the fact, somewhat begrudgingly that it's Irish policy was unfair, unjust and brutal, and has tried to make amends.

Reparations on an individual basis is stupid and when people make remarks like that, it's just banal. Actually after the Civil War, the Government attempted to assist freed slaves with the Freed Mans Bureau. This lasted from 1866 to 1872. It's lasting legacy was the establishment of historically black colleges. So the issue has been addressed.

From the looks of your avatar I'd say you appear more North Korean than Irish. Why you would pick choose to identify with one of the most evil people alive on the planet is beyond me, but it is your choice, your right, but not too funny IMO.

I was being facetious. There are a lot of black people that think they deserve reparations for what their ancestors went through now, and also blame the current affairs of their culture on this(Google Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome). What happened in the past has happened to pretty much every culture at one point or another and yes it's awful, but our past does not define us.

So sorry YOU Don't think my avatar is funny, I've had a bunch of people tell me it is. Next time I want to change it, I'll be sure to look for your approval though. Just so I can have your opinion on it.

The issue boils down to not having strong role models and father figures and mothers who are hopped up on any pharmacy cocktail you can think of.

That may be part of it, but many of the people I know from way back grew up without fathers and little adult supervision. Most of them turned out ok.

I don't know what the problem is, but trying to scare people out of speculating doesn't help anyone

In 1965 Daniel Patrick Moynihan- then in the labor department- authored a report "The Negro Family: The Case for National Action" which outlined the breakdown of the nuclear family in the black lower class and tried to suggest ways to fix it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Negro_Family:_The_Case_For_National_Action

The report was widely vilified as "blaming the victim", mostly ignored and 50 years later we continue to see the same results.

Again some of you are using reasons as excuses and mixing the two. We can give reasons for the rise of tyrannical regimes in history or even slavery in modern times. I don't understand why some people can't accept the facts. Nobody is giving anyone a free pass, but if one refuses to acknowledge the root causes of the problem, then there can be no solution.

Part of the break down of the African American family structure in addition to the reasons cited is our welfare system which rewards single parenthood and penalizes married couples.

In 1965 Daniel Patrick Moynihan- then in the labor department- authored a report "The Negro Family: The Case for National Action" which outlined the breakdown of the nuclear family in the black lower class and tried to suggest ways to fix it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Negro_Family:_The_Case_For_National_Action

The report was widely vilified as "blaming the victim", mostly ignored and 50 years later we continue to see the same results.

The report got the diagnosis largely right (in my opinion) but it is wrong about the cure. Like mark056 mentions, government is and has been encouraging the breakdown of the nuclear family. Why, if government is largely to blame, should we believe that government intervention is the solution? One of the shocking things about reading that report is that it really seems like it could have been written pretty recently (aside from references to the 60s).

Back
Top Bottom