'Just call them n*****s': Baltimore city councilman

anchorman.jpg

As a proud, educated, black man I find that offensive. They are thugs, and that is a description regardless of race. When you jump straight to race you are the problem. You have been put down, rise up. You have a problem with the system speak out, get politically involved make a change. Is the world racist? Heck yes and it will always be. Racism goes both ways not always one side vs. the other. Some people will always not like you for no reason. Deal with it. Be a good person hold your head up high and show them how stupid they truly are. Riots are never the answer.

As a proud, educated, black man I find that offensive. They are thugs, and that is a description regardless of race. When you jump straight to race you are the problem. You have been put down, rise up. You have a problem with the system speak out, get politically involved make a change. Is the world racist? Heck yes and it will always be. Racism goes both ways not always one side vs. the other. Some people will always not like you for no reason. Deal with it. Be a good person hold your head up high and show them how stupid they truly are. Riots are never the answer.

What bothers me about this is when 'leaders' like Obama equivocate, and then put the onus on other people. Yes, police killing young black men is bad. Yes, burning your neighborhood down is bad(though understandable?) But then blaming Congress for not passing his economic policies and America at large for allowing this situation to exist?

ETA: It just occurred to me that Obama really believes that urban blacks are victims of societal racism, and that he as President thinks he can do nothing about it means he will do nothing about it. It really is amazing when you contrast Dr. Martin Luther King with Obama. A man with no power and only words brought the Civil Rights Movement and huge improvements for black in America, yet the Most Poweful Man in the World(tm) who has both words and power can do nothing?

Talk about abdicating your office.

End ETA

There is something seriously wrong in our society where poor, black communities are concerned. I don't deny that. But fixing it requires a true acknowldgement of the problems, and a major shift in the culture perpetuated for as long as I can remember. The people in those communities need to take responsibility for themselves and each other, yet social policy is to simply portray them as helpless victims who can do nothing to better themselves. It shouldn't surprise us when they do not.

Last edited:
There's just no logic behind it. Hey, you just killed my neighbor. Now, I have to go to the Payless shoe store and Joe's booze corner, throw a brick in their window and steal their shit. That'll teach you!

If poverty and economic inequality was the root of violent crime then West Virginia would be a bloodbath. No one wants to acknowledge the real problem is the breakdown of families and personal responsibility.

Parents don't stay together, don't even feed their own kids anymore and dump them on public schools or gangs because they can't be bothered to raise them. Of course that level of apathy is going to create generations of messed up violent kids.

Even with statement like this responsibility is being removed. Can't call a thug a thug because heaven forbid problem behaviors be identified for culpability. Nah, they're just disadvantaged kids "acting out". Acting out what? Shakespeare's tragedies?

My wife and I were watching a show a couple years ago about the drug revolution(History Channel I think). They first started talking about the 50s-60s with the Civil Rights movement, how black families(married couples with kids) were buying houses and moving to nice areas, had "normal" names(i.e. not ghettofabulous names) owned businesses, very active in their communities, etc. and then the drug culture hit and started taking over and that's when everything changed. I wasn't around then(born in 75) so I can't speak to it firsthand, but some of what they were saying made sense.

If poverty and economic inequality was the root of violent crime then West Virginia would be a bloodbath. No one wants to acknowledge the real problem is the breakdown of families and personal responsibility.

I was going to say something about this, but I don't have the statistics readily available. About 15 years ago I was talking to someone and they mentioned that there are WAY more white people on welfare and living in projects than black people(you'd think it would be obvious just from population) but most of the black people live in cities and poverty among black is a higher percentage of the total black population.

However, it would be interesting to see what happens when you do a demographic comparison of poverty and culture by race.

- - - Updated - - -

Because God-forbid we discuss something substantive, or because some dick is going to ruin it for everyone?

My wife and I were watching a show a couple years ago about the drug revolution(History Channel I think). They first started talking about the 50s-60s with the Civil Rights movement, how black families(married couples with kids) were buying houses and moving to nice areas, had "normal" names(i.e. not ghettofabulous names) owned businesses, very active in their communities, etc. and then the drug culture hit and started taking over and that's when everything changed. I wasn't around then(born in 75) so I can't speak to it firsthand, but some of what they were saying made sense.

Even earlier than that, black families were firmly in the middle class. One of the things that precipitated the change is that when the big highway projects etc of the 40s and 50s were put in, eminent domain was used to seize property, predominantly from black families. These families ended up in the projects, and the downward cycle started. .gov has its dirty hands all over this stuff - they even admit it http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/FINAL_FY14_Eminent-Domain-Report.pdf

Last edited:
I have seen barrack use the n word and act ghetto off camera that is no way acceptable as a black president looking to make a difference. Tupac is dead and still makes more of an impact on positive change

I have seen barrack use the n word and act ghetto off camera that is no way acceptable as a black president looking to make a difference. Tupac is dead and still makes more of an impact on positive change

He really is classless. The 'bucket list' joke at WHCD last week? Totally classless. Funny? Maybe, if you're Jimmy Fallon. The whole 'respect the office, even if you don't respect the man' applies to the man in the office as well as the people addressing the office.

But if this just shows you how completely polite society has broken down, maybe it's okay. The President of the US' entire thought process can be reduced to snarky tweets. No wonder foreign and domestic policy are so ****** up.

There's just no logic behind it. Hey, you just killed my neighbor. Now, I have to go to the Payless shoe store and Joe's booze corner, throw a brick in their window and steal their shit. That'll teach you!

Well, I agree it's not great logic, but I wouldn't agree that there is NO logic to it. The logic is, the thug gets to keep some new shit with less chance of being caught because of many others using the same opportunity.

logical protesters, no
logical opportunists, yes

Well, I agree it's not great logic, but I wouldn't agree that there is NO logic to it. The logic is, the thug gets to keep some new shit with less chance of being caught because of many others using the same opportunity.

logical protesters, no
logical opportunists, yes

And this is the part that is really unfair. Most of the protesters are peacefully marching. Some people are taking advantage of the situation as "cover" so they can do what they really want, which is mayhem and destruction. You can't blame people who are peacefully advocating change for the actions of a small number of unruly people.

Even earlier than that, black families were firmly in the middle class. One of the things that precipitated the change is that when the big highway projects etc of the 40s and 50s were put in, eminent domain was used to seize property, predominantly from black families. These families ended up in the projects, and the downward cycle started. .gov has its dirty hands all over this stuff - they even admit it http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/FINAL_FY14_Eminent-Domain-Report.pdf

Interesting, didn't know that.

And in the 50s and 60s part of the south thought it was okay to lynch black people please it's racist and stupid to think because Crack and heroine exploded in the cities and every black person everywhere was like I gotta get my doorag and my 9. That logic would be the same as well we used to lynch them to scare them straight. No the issue is with every race it's really the millenials as a whole as parents. White people dump their kids off on the school s just as much as blacks do
The issue boils down to not having strong role models and father figures and mothers who are hopped up on any pharmacy cocktail you can think of.

And in the 50s and 60s part of the south thought it was okay to lynch black people please it's racist and stupid to think because Crack and heroine exploded in the cities and every black person everywhere was like I gotta get my doorag and my 9. That logic would be the same as well we used to lynch them to scare them straight. No the issue is with every race it's really the millenials as a whole as parents. White people dump their kids off on the school s just as much as blacks do
The issue boils down to not having strong role models and father figures and mothers who are hopped up on any pharmacy cocktail you can think of.

Yeah, no such thing as a downward spiral or snowball effect. Good idea to throw "racist" into a thought provoking conversation [rolleyes]

Is this not the reason 128/95 has those really curved sections is that the property owners won a court battle in key neighborhoods to keep the highway from taking over ?

The entire thing is a cluster ****. I lived in JP in the 70s as a kid. In our building and the 2 on each side housed 9 families. I clearly remember all of them WE WHERE ALL DIFFERENT.
out of 9 families 2 where what you would call "white". sadly what ever the change was it was for the worse and My dad got us out of there.

There where just a few punks in the neighborhood before we left but the area was getting bad. I know many people who are still living in poor neighborhoods and not criminals????

Im at this point where if the black community wants change they might have to arm up and fight the tyranny which is against them?

Last edited:
Great strategy - burn down and loot your neighborhood.

That is why these areas don't have stores or jobs.

No business in their right mind wants that type of risk.

There you go again... you could have said "Bloomingdales and Legal Sea Foods" but no... you immediately go to racial code words like "Joe's Booze Corner".

Back
Top Bottom