Just applied for a job that requires you to carry a firearm!

QA. At one point everybody in my department had a license to carry. The developers knew it - it was the only way we could get them to fix their code.

One reason I always maintained a good relationship with QA.... And got my LTC. 8)'

Whos the first target in a bank hold up? The retired cop carrying in a "Armored Arms security" uniform hoping to supplement his pension by getting 40 work credit units to qualify for SS at retirement. Or the "Armed Security" in Walgreens guarding the "drugs" from druggies looking to rob the store for close to minimum wage.

Can they search your person? What do you do?
My class A in MA is restricted so I don't CC anyways. My place of employment is a .gov owned building so I was figured it was a no fly zone anyways (despite the signs that say such).

so where is this job? is it a .gov agency or sub-contracted company guarding .gov agencies? [wink]

they seem to be the only ones hiring these days....

so where is this job? is it a .gov agency or sub-contracted company guarding .gov agencies? [wink]

they seem to be the only ones hiring these days....

If your asking me, it is a .gov contractor but the property is .gov owned.

.Cops have court systems,judges,lawyers and their "Brothers in Blue" to cover up their deadly mistakes,do you ?

The DA is already discussing how the Framingham case is being investigated to determine if it was justified, an accident for which no charges are filed, or a criminal act. "Accident for which no charges are filed" wouldn't even be an item on the menu for a non-LEO who accidentally shot someone - even if the fact it was an accident was undisputed by all sides.

You are happy that you are getting a job where you have to carry a gun,but it is not in law enforcement ?

I really don't see what there is to get excited about.

Think about it,I'll bet the insurance underwriters for the company explicitly prohibit you from actually using deadly force to protect whatever it is they are paying you to protect.

Unless you have a bunch of laws to protect you that citizens don't have when you have to use deadly force(LEO) I would seriously think about taking the job.Cops have court systems,judges,lawyers and their "Brothers in Blue" to cover up their deadly mistakes,do you ?

I've been in church ministry for almost my whole life. I've been thinking of changing careers to law enforcement especially after this cut. Maybe PO. I figure an armed guard would be a good start. Loss prevention, etc...

I'm sure what the company encourages as far as using the firearm etc... will be covered in orientation. If they don't have anything that would protect me or back me up then I would seriously reconsider. I have no idea what the insurance underwriters have but I will make darn sure that I do know especially in Mass. I would rather scream like a little school girl and hand over the money then pull my weapon and risk being shot! It's not worth 12 bucks an hour. Neither is going to jail for hurting an innocent bistandard, etc...

I appreciate your concerns.

I've been full time at a job for the past four years. The beginning of this year they cut my hours in half because of the economy. I'm now forced to seek part time employment. I came across a job with an armed security company. You HAVE to possess a Class A unrestricted. They will supply a firearm plus you can carry whatever you want! LOVE IT[grin]

My wife works at Kohls and they specifically state in their handbook that you're not allowed to carry while on the clock. I've heard of so many other companies with the same policies extending to their parking lot. I cracked a big ol grin when I saw the requirement of carrying a firearm for a job. [wink]

I never thought of the job opportunities that could arise by having a Class A.

Anyone else work where it's required to carry?

Do they supply a vest? If not, get one.

I wish I didn't travel and have such a fluid schedule during the week. I'd try to find a part time job like this in a heart beat.

Edit: maybe I can do something over the weekend?? just won't be worth it I bet.

Last edited:
Anyone else work where it's required to carry?

Yes, at both my jobs. One at the firearms store and the other at the firearms school. In fact both my bosses make me carry while I'm at work and encourage me to carry off the clock too [wink]

Do they supply a vest? If not, get one.

I agree, the people that would do you harm at this type of job do not see 'cop' or 'security guard'. They see 'uniform' and consider it and the person wearing it to be their enemy.

Back
Top Bottom