It's now on Whitehouse.gov...

It looks like that's a Sunday - are marches supposed to take place when "law-makers" are at work? If so I would think a weekend or holiday wouldn't work.
Well... some take place on the weekends. Wasn't the Thousand Mom March on a weekend? But it would be better to do it on a weekday so we all can stop in and visit our legistraitors after the march.

It looks like that's a Sunday - are marches supposed to take place when "law-makers" are at work? If so I would think a weekend or holiday wouldn't work.
Then again, since I've never been in a march or participated in a protest, I don't really know the guidelines...

Wheresoever there is a camera, there will also be a politician.

can someone explain to me what is this "gunshow loophole"? I have never understood it...

It's described very well in the Gun Grabbers Bible directly below the section titled "Fully Automatic Assault Revolvers"

If you read past it to the section titled "Fully Automatic Assault Revolvers with pistol grips" you have gone too far.

We will need to file a class action lawsuit for harrasment, discrimination, and violation of our rights.

Boston Marathon is a day after Patriots day, correct? What if we organize a march right along the runner's route (not sure the legality of it). The free media exposure might be worth the hassle.

4/20/2009 anyone?

To all of you who are demanding action and then saying "Who's with me?!?!"

What are you asking others for? Are you saying you will only do it if others go with you?

Stop waiting for the brute squad and call out a date. Pick a time/date (maybe one of significance like the day that Suzanna Hupps parents were killed) and then say "I'm going!! Join me or not but I'm going"

Be the leader and others will follow.

How about we pick a time and place? I'm in CT, but don't mind driving a bit. Anyone have a range with a clubhouse we could meet in?

Saturday afternoons are usually good for me.

How long till MA happily adopts the new Federal AWB?

I would say... 2 nanoseconds, even if the ban is permanent. Hell, doubling up the law is better in the long run. [thinking]

Furthermore: How does everyone know that they will grandfather in any preowned black rifles with detachable magazines and barrel shrouds? We are assuming that they are going to be "nice" and grandfather. Worse yet, what if they threw them into the NFA? LOL... FUBAR, big time. Then, you need a $200 tax stamp per lower: That would be AWESOME.

I am under no illusions: They are going to not use any Vaseline or KY for the next AWB Obamination, as they are going to exact vengeance as they have the mandate now. Well:

Time to MARCH!!!

How about some time around the 4th of July, with a march on Beacon Hilll? The 4th is a Saturday, so not that exact date, but perhaps during either the week before or after when the legislature is in session. The holiday timing and theme of patriotism might help get publicity, and this is traditionally a time of the year when it is customary to take vacation time, which might help with attendance.

They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Well that didn't take long.

Derek,

I see nothing wrong with "making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent".

As my former English Teachers would say, based upon the sentence structure, the Ban would be made permanent. To do otherwise, they would need to change the sentence to "Resurrect the currently expired federal Assault Weapons Ban".

I prefer the "Letter" over the "Spirit" in this case, since they wrote it wrong.....[laugh2][rofl]

Last edited:
So, this might be the wrong place to post this and feel free to redirect my thought elsewhere. I was stairing at my ceiling trying to sleep and I had a thought. NRA, GOAL and other such organizations are our best way, politicaly, to make a difference. this is trumped only by getting more people to become licensed gun holders, making them care more about the laws and read into them more. Now, i'm not an NRA instructor (yet, i'm workin on it) and not sure if this would violate any policies on getting people trained or whatever. but I think an interesting way to acomplish both might be to get a bunch of instructors together to offer 'Free training to get your LTC/FID' I put this in quotes because there would be a small catch. you this would be for people that are not members of the NRA, or GOAL, or whatever org you wish to promote and they would be required to join said org of choice apon signup/approval for course. this way we get more legaly licensed people to come have fun with us on the range and support larger organizations such as NRA/GOAL.

ahh well just an thought that comes in amidst my insomnia.

Whatever is done, must show strength in numbers and support for organizations such as Goal and NRA among others so that the hacks will get behind and sponser these groups. Unity of the groups and a single message is the only answer to change.
The only thing the politicians respect is organized groups that appear to be gaining strength and momentum.

So who wants to meet?

I am a member of NRA and GOA but simply being a member I do not think is enough.

We need to get active, away from the keyboard.

Who wants to meet?

Why do you want to "march"?

What do you hope to accomplish?

What evidence can you provide that "marching" will accomplish what you want it to?

In my not so humble opinion, marching is a complete waste of time.

For starters, tell every Massachusetts gun owner to join GOAL. I think they only have about 5% of the gun-owning population in their ranks.

I plan on joining GOA with my tax return (or Obama Bucks stimulus check).

For starters, tell every Massachusetts gun owner to join GOAL. I think they only have about 5% of the gun-owning population in their ranks.

I plan on joining GOA with my tax return (or Obama Bucks stimulus check).

I agree completely. I think we need to have boots on the ground to put the boots on the ground. I'd rather have a GOAL led meeting to discuss canvassing all gun clubs, FFL's and sporting events within the state to get more beef in the organization....We're not even a 15 pound monkey - let alone a 600-pound gorilla...However, if a national march is organized, we need to be ready to go...

Mark,

It's probably important enough for it's own thread. Has anyone organized anything? I remember hearing talks of a Washington DC march on AR-15.com, but nothing materialized.

Plus, I'd rather focus on Massachusetts.

derek

the 5-10% range is unfortunatley correct. i've seen no matter what
we're talking about. my club is a good example, about 10% of us
are involved at all, upkeep and use of the facilities.

In some cases members are required to join to get their license.

the politicians already know this and and take advantage of it.

JimB

Back
Top Bottom