• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is FedEx spying on us?

I was at a large shipping company headquartered in memphis last week to teach a class at one of their facilities. I got into a talk with one the executives in the company about guns. And he mentioned that their are FBI/ATF and other authorities based inside their shipping hub. Some with dogs that can sniff drugs and other substances. He said they cooperate with the government to make sure that people are not shipping illegal things through their services.

Infragard, mentioned in the first post.

InfraGard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.infragard.org/

When Alexander arms finally ships my .50 Beowulf upper im going to be outside waiting like a kid a Xmas
If they ask what it is I'm going to say anti t-Rex sprayer.

No real info on their website. Amused that the Boston chapter website can't communicate with the National people . . . maybe they need to hire someone who knows computers and security? [laugh]

I can't figure out what the purpose of the org is (didn't spend much time reading the Boston chapter site). On first glance it looks like Mad Magazine's 1960s "I Spy" updated! [wink]

[cerberus];3142345 said:
Do you think maybe he just read the return address?

What was the name of the company you ordered from?

Did you read the entire post?

I read the entire post and you didn't mention what it said on the box, so that was a valid question that cerberus asked. If the box said "Spikes Tactical", "Bravo Company", or some other known maker of AR stuff, it could prompt that question just out of personal curiosity from the driver himself. Maybe he is a gun owner, or a wannabe that reads ARFCOM and is familiar with the brand. I don't doubt that there is some company policy in place to record firearm related deliveries, but that may have just been paranoia on your part in this case. I mean the reality is that these delivery companies can easily have certain company names, or addresses flagged in the scanning system. They don't need a delivery driver to report you for anything!

they do not need to ask drivers what they are delivering.....ups and fedex know by the big blue sticker on the box ormd small arms ammunition AND THEY KNOW when its a firearm! parts well tell them to piss off.

The same fedex driver has been delivering to me for years(heavy latin accent). Once he said, I delivered several of these packages from the CMP this month in this area (time from was the rush on garands between obama I and get of my lawn). I told him about the cmp and what it does...fedex driver " so is that a rifle" yes i replied.
Fedex guy "this is a great country. Last time he came in he said he ordered a garand for himself. Next year when my cmp ammo comes in I will ask if he got it.

I was at a large shipping company headquartered in memphis last week to teach a class at one of their facilities. I got into a talk with one the executives in the company about guns. And he mentioned that their are FBI/ATF and other authorities based inside their shipping hub. Some with dogs that can sniff drugs and other substances. He said they cooperate with the government to make sure that people are not shipping illegal things through their services.

Remember that guy whose house was raided and whose dogs were shot a few years back? Because somebody was shipping a box of pot to his house? The found the pot when it came thru the UPS hub if I remember correctly - and then tracked it to his house and then had an agent deliver it - waited for them to take it inside - then raided the house while the guy, his wife - and his mother in law were getting ready to go out. In the process they shot both of his dogs if I remember correctly.

I can't remember the town - but I think it was down in Maryland - and he was like the mayor or some such thing.

Remember that guy whose house was raided and whose dogs were shot a few years back? Because somebody was shipping a box of pot to his house? The found the pot when it came thru the UPS hub if I remember correctly - and then tracked it to his house and then had an agent deliver it - waited for them to take it inside - then raided the house while the guy, his wife - and his mother in law were getting ready to go out. In the process they shot both of his dogs if I remember correctly.

I can't remember the town - but I think it was down in Maryland - and he was like the mayor or some such thing.

I remember that.

I was thinking get his name, truck number, any badge number, call supervisor right in front of him, then say "I think he is setting me up to come back and steal from me"

Back
Top Bottom