Is FedEx spying on us?

I am re-posting this from another forum. It caught my attention because last week, I received an upper for my build. When UPS delivered it, the driver asked me: "Is this a gun?" I replied, "No. It's machine parts." He then pressed on with "No, really. It's a gun, isn't it?" He was persistent. It seems to fit with this post.

I can't believe I forgot to post this yesterday. A friend who works for FedEx called yesterday to discuss recent events. He said something about delivering a lot of bulk ammo and having to report it. I stopped him and asked him to explain in detail what he was talking about.

He said, you know how people order ammo online, especially since some ammo is hard to find. We are supposed to report to our supervisor any person who is ordering ammo. They emphasized to report people who order somewhat regularly or in bulk.

I lectured him sternly about it. I asked him if he enjoyed being a Nazi spy against his fellow Americans. He sounded remorseful and responded as if he was just now understanding the implications. I schooled him on how the government is using corporations to spy on people. He had never heard of Infragard.

He is a huge fan of Jesse Ventura, so when I told him Ventura had done a show on Infragard, he was eager to check it out.

I don't know if his boss is an Infragard stooge or if FedEx as a whole has sold out. I'm not sure where UPS and DHL stand. I would like to hear from others who work in this business or if you know someone personally you can ask about this issue.

If you are buying online, your purchase history is being noted. Which alphabet agency????...I don't know.

This doesn't surprise me in the least, especially with all of the publicity that mail order guns and ammo got after the Colorado shooter. Before long, you won't be able to order ANYTHING remotely firearm related without Big Brother knowing about it.

shoulda told him it wa a box of used, unwashed "personal massagers". that would have shut his dumb ass up.

or just told him to shut the **** up and to just do his job.

shoulda told him it wa a box of used, unwashed "personal massagers". that would have shut his dumb ass up.

or just told him to shut the **** up and to just do his job.

[laugh2]He probably would have been afraid to ask that question, and just assumed that was what was in the box if it had been addressed to you![laugh]

Even if you had told him "yes" what does Federal Express expect to gain from this knowledge? "Hey, this guy received GUNZ last week" I mean, I value my privacy and would've told the driver to **** off, but I'm curious as to what they're thinking here....

Even if you had told him "yes" what does Federal Express expect to gain from this knowledge? "Hey, this guy received GUNZ last week" I mean, I value my privacy and would've told the driver to **** off, but I'm curious as to what they're thinking here....

Someone that has been instructed to ask you questions can probably tell just as much from HOW you respond as they can from What you actually say.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
If FedEx wanted to get that information wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier to record it at the source (the supplier) than at the delivery point? This makes no sense to me.

My FedEx guy is probably reporting us to the IRS for running an off-the-books shoe resale business with the number of Zappos boxes that we get.

My UPS guy drove by the rally last week and yelled out the door "We need more people you!". I guess it's safe to say he knows what's in all of those Brownells boxes coming to the house.

I got a upper from midway delivery guy says "you must've been waiting for this every day, I know I would have been. Good thing stuff leaves midway fast and ships fast."

UPS already organizes shipments by person at a specific address. We have a login where we can see every inbound package.

If CISPA passes all shipping companies can share this info with .gov legally. A very simple filter can be applied to this data which will help the .gov determine exactly who is buying what from gun/ammo dealers. I can see the day where the .gov will have neighborhood maps with rough estimates of guns/ammo density. If I were doing confiscation sweeps that would help me prioritize my efforts.

Last edited:
When the FedEx police show up do they need a warrant?

This company is a common carrier. Common carriers are not suppose to discriminate or really track what is sent as they are merely the conduit. It would be interesting if they got a subpoena from Martha asking for this information...

If they x-ray packages before they put them on their planes (just like your luggage), it would be clear that it is a part of a gun. Jus' sayin'

UPS already organizes shipments by person at a specific address. We have a login where we can see every inbound package.

If CISPA passes all shipping companies can share this info with .gov legally. A very simple filter can be applied to this data which will help the .gov determine exactly who is buying what from gun/ammo dealers. I can see the day where the .gov will have neighborhood maps with rough estimates of guns/ammo density. If I were doing confiscation sweeps that would help me prioritize my efforts.

They already have those maps. Remeber the fiasco in New York when the paper printed all that info, there were density maps in the article.

This company is a common carrier. Common carriers are not suppose to discriminate or really track what is sent as they are merely the conduit. It would be interesting if they got a subpoena from Martha asking for this information...

Reread post #17...

It's not uncommon for ANY carrier to track trends for their own business purposes, and they do so regularly.

But I suppose you read that on the internet and they can't print what's not true on the internet, right?

Let me guess, you're also dating a french model from Paris too?

[laugh]

You should have just said:

"Yes, it's a super killy black one too! I want to make sure I stock up on high capacity child killers before they get banned. You never know when you'll need to mow down a pack of marauding kids. I mean you have see Children of the Corn right?"

I was at a large shipping company headquartered in memphis last week to teach a class at one of their facilities. I got into a talk with one the executives in the company about guns. And he mentioned that their are FBI/ATF and other authorities based inside their shipping hub. Some with dogs that can sniff drugs and other substances. He said they cooperate with the government to make sure that people are not shipping illegal things through their services.

Back
Top Bottom