Improper storage of ammunition..in a vehicle

At the end of the day they probably got what they deserved.... Stupid hurts. Shooting from a moving platform, no duck stamp, over the limit...Not really feeling to bad for theses dopes! Had they been in compliance with some basic rules different story...why do we continue to try and justify bad behavior? Opinions may vary. [rolleyes]

So using dry storage ammo boxes is illegal outside the home in MA? That seems pretty dumb.

Talk with your fire chief. Mine has no problem with any decent container. Only applies in a building .
. not outside the building.

Yes they deserved to be jacked up, BUT only for real laws.

would seem to me that an MTM plastic ammo box would be a lot safer that a factory container made of quickly flammable cardboard and Styrofoam.

These threads make my head hurt!

[Old School NES] Set them free. There should be no laws at all against shooting ducks, with anything, driving anything, drinking anything, or storing anything anywhere, at any time. Ducks are food. A man should be free to hunt his food. [/OSNES]

would seem to me that an MTM plastic ammo box would be a lot safer that a factory container made of quickly flammable cardboard and Styrofoam.

Agreed. My guess is that stacks of MTM boxes were not thought of when they drafted that reg. They probably envisioned plastic pails full of loose cartridges.

Agreed. My guess is that stacks of MTM boxes were not thought of when they drafted that reg. They probably envisioned plastic pails full of loose cartridges.

Do you mean something like this (original container)?

22%20RF%20Bucket%20O%20Bullets.png

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but I cannot seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

I keep a BOB in my truck, and I would love to keep a box of spare ammo in it. Is it legal to do so, or would I be boned for "improper storage." I have a Console Vault, should I keep it in there instead?

Thanks

Only law wrt ammo in car is non-licensed people can't have access to ammo or ammo components.

There is MA law that states that it is unlawful for unlicensed people to possess ammo or components. Is there a law or regulation that states that it is unlawful for a licensed person to allow non-licensed people to have access to their ammunition or components? There is the fire regulation law that states that stored ammo and components must be locked up, but is there anything else?

There is MA law that states that it is unlawful for unlicensed people to possess ammo or components. Is there a law or regulation that states that it is unlawful for a licensed person to allow non-licensed people to have access to their ammunition or components? There is the fire regulation law that states that stored ammo and components must be locked up, but is there anything else?

Since we agree that it is unlawful for unlicensed people to possess ammo/components, although I can't quote you an exact statute (perhaps one of our currently active police officers can?), I am certain that the person who allows such access will be jacked up on charges.

Here are some nice "original containers". We need ammo packaged like this in Mass. It would make me laugh every time I opened my ammo safe.

357Mag-ReMFG-50Rds-2T.jpg

Last edited:
Started reading this thread and it has me worried now. What the heck would I do with my reloads since I am making it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom