I'm torn between two guns.

Let me preface that this is NOT a what is better...simply a what would you do?

I am torn between a Glock 17 and an M&P 9.

The G17 is around $600 (used of course, Gen 2) while the M&P is $399 (used) and then add another <$100 for trigger work.

Given these quotes, which way would you go? Money IS a factor for me.

I'm not a fan of the M&P so its the Glock 7 days a week for me. And you can totally find a G17 for less than 600.

I don't know the whole deal (preban mags etc) but I think you can do better than 600 if patient. I'm a .40 cal nit that being said the glock 17,19, or 26 would be the only 9mm I bought they are fantastic and I'd buy that first. As point of reference I own a m&p 40 fs and compact plus the m&p 22 and plan on buying the 45. I love them, but I'd still buy the glock first.

Glock.

$600 for a used G17 Gen2 is way too much, unless it has lots of goodies with it or something. You should be able to find one for $500 or less for a Gen2.

-Mike

I guess the idea of a 15 year old gun for $100-$200 more is one of my hang-ups. The issue of magazine capacity isn't a huge deal to me right now (that might change down the road).

shoot them both. If you want to hit up Harvard and shoot a heavily modified M&P, PM me. You can try it out.

Still searching for a fair priced glock. I've shot a bunch and like them a hell of a lot better than my M&P. But that's just me.

as far as "old gun" goes, the thing that irked me about the M&P 9mm is that it required work and money in order to get it on a level of a decade old glock. MA triggers on them are retarded.

Which ever one feels better in your hand. I had a Glock 23, but sold it because I just didn't like it. I own a M&P9c and it feels good when I shoot it. You probably won't be able too shoot either one before you make a decision, but you should at least be able to hold it and get a feel for it.

I was faced with the same choice and went with the m&p9 range kit. Going to pick it up in two weeks. Going to pull cotton from trigger spring and if that doesn't help the trigger I'll go apex. Both are great choices.

If mag. cap. isn't a factor then which ever feels better and shoots better for you. Remember, as long as your in MA you'll be stuck with 10 round M&P mags.. And you'll most likely have to file down the followers to fit 10 rounds on a closed slide...................Vote: Glock

Having owned both - I say M&P...yeah, yeah, yeah: Glock rules, preban mags, yadayadayada...I get it. I had a Glock for 15-years. I liked it - enough to send it back to Glock for a rebuild, but I never loved it. The grip angle was wrong for me and the gun chewed the shit out of my hand if I was doing anything other than simple target shooting. The M&P9 is a great pistol. Accurate, reliable, adaptable grip, (with Glock you're pretty much stuck with the grip unless you like tape and giant rubber bands). The MA trigger is a muther, but see if the one you're buying is already done. Apex kits make the M&P trigger just awesome. I dare say, more awesome than most Glock triggers, (at least for me). I have a bazillion rounds through mine in a very short time, hardly clean it and it runs like a top. Eats everything for breakfast, (except the web of my hand). If you are out in the Berkshires, you are absolutely welcome to put as much lead down range with mine as you care to. You'll wind up buying one. Mine is pretty sweet. I've come to look at guns for the most part as tools. I'm not in a position to get all whimsical about firearms - with a few exceptions. If I were, hell - I'd have Glocks, Sigs, Colts, on and on, jamming up my safe. I don't have time or energy to get all woogy in a 'Glock vs the World of Guns' debate. The M&P9 is a great tool, great ergos, great price, great customer service. Having actually owned both - I'd buy M&P all day, every day. The price on the Glock you're looking at is foolish by the way. Buy the M&P You'll like it... Flame on Glocky fanbois...[rockon]

get a glock 17, but not an overpriced 17 like the one your talking about , unless its a gen 3 brand new . keep searching for a better priced glock

The 17 is great, you can do a bit better on the price as others have suggested.
I can offer you to try mine at Harvard if you want.
I also think the M&P series are pretty dam good with some work on them. I will still get one eventually.

Back
Top Bottom