• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If Hillary get elected how long will it be until gun confiscation?

she would not confiscate. just so long as you only have bolt action rifles suitable for "hunting"

Um.... They pretty much have already taken away "OUR" firearms in MA, RI, CT, MD, CA, NY..... And if you think law abiding citizens, family men and women, etc are gonna "rise up as an army" and fight off the oppressors? Hmmm...
I don't see anyone storming the State Houses or State Police headquarters in Albany, Hartford, Sacramento, Annapolis, Boston etc, but I do see and hear a lot of screaming and hollering (often by me and others here) when yet another WTF? oppressive anti-gun moment occurs.... We scream, we holler, then we go to work the next day.
There were about twelve people (thirteen including me) at one of the Pro 2A "rallies" last year.... And I personally know many people down here who are not carrying - not because they don't want to, but because they've been told by the Hillary's (MSP, AG, Local Chiefs etc) that they are not "allowed" to have a permission slip.

De Facto confiscation in MA happens (still) daily (LTC app? Denied. LTC? approved but restricted. LTC? not even bothered to be applied for by law abiding citizens, intimidated by the thugs in power. Don't have the $ to sue over it? Then get lost and let the Chief go back to further restricting someone else too) .... Yet Beacon Hill seems pretty quiet as they're staving off the siege of protest by the armed citizens this morning...

Just sayin'

I think the vast majority, say 99.99% would just go along, not rise up and start fighting. Yes you will have pockets, Ruby Ridge, Waco, that rise up but if the Army is on their side there is a lot of firepower to bring down on a small group. And in those cases they didn't use airpower or drones that they could now. I think ISIS and the Taliban have shown that you can fight a large army but it is with guerrilla tactics, little strokes fell big oaks

Straight-up confiscation would be the easiest option for us - civil war would erupt, most LEOs and .mils would probably refuse to go along with confiscation, and the entire thing would flop in no time. Sorry to disappoint the folks that are salivating at the thought of reenacting Red Dawn, but there would be no shots fired.

The more realistic scenario is what was already described above - a slow, steady chipping away at our rights, creating logistical hurdles for us to jump through - we've already seen this with the NFA, GCA, tax stamps, mandatory training at a price, licensing at a price, banning of Saturday night specials, etc. We're already losing the drawn out battle being waged by the left. I see a lot of posts from people that grew up in the 50s-70s that describe kids riding bicycles with their .22s - today they'd be in juvie and the parents arrested, so, like I said, we've already lost ground.

I think education is the only way to win. Talk to others about history and why the 2A is important; highlight that history always repeats itself; discuss gun ownership, laws, and safety. It pains me whenever I see someone exclaiming that they keep their gun ownership hush-hush like it's some forbidden thing, because that's exactly what keeps younger generations away - silence. I'm 27 and the only reason I didn't get into shooting until I was 24 was because no one told me about it and it remained such a distant abstract idea that I didn't even know where to start, until a friend of mine told me that he bought a gun. After he took me to the range, I was hooked. Now I feel an obligation to do the same thing for as many others as possible.

I think the vast majority, say 99.99% would just go along, not rise up and start fighting. Yes you will have pockets, Ruby Ridge, Waco, that rise up but if the Army is on their side there is a lot of firepower to bring down on a small group. And in those cases they didn't use airpower or drones that they could now. I think ISIS and the Taliban have shown that you can fight a large army but it is with guerrilla tactics, little strokes fell big oaks

You're talking about confiscation turning into waging war on American citizens on American soil. The Bundy Ranch situation proved that if the .gov can't control the media/message, they can't just go in and do whatever they want like they did back in the 80s. They'd win the first few skirmishes but people would realize how effed up it was and resistance would spread. The next thing you know they'd be fighting guerillas right here at home. Then factor in the active duty people who would honor their oaths and not follow illegal orders, some of whom might just join the guerillas and bring some real skills/equipment along for the ride.

Since there's no national registration they have no idea who has what and if everything has been confiscated. Even states like MA that have a registration don't really know for sure who has what.

Confiscation would be a lose-lose situation.

P.S. All of this would require 4A and 5A to fall as well, and people like their stuff and their right to remain silent too much.

If people think the majority of cops and the military would side with the insurgents, they're sorely mistaken. They've been waging war with the war on drugs and attacking the American people for decades. They would follow orders and go along with the government, guaranteed.

If people think the majority of cops and the military would side with the insurgents, they're sorely mistaken. They've been waging war with the war on drugs and attacking the American people for decades. They would follow orders and go along with the government, guaranteed.

that's a "well, it depends" kind of thing. would some continue to follow orders? absolutely, there is no question that the majority would. however, there's a lot of guys who take the oath to defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic very seriously and would do so. i'm thinking it would probably be a 60-40 split in the wrong direction and that might even be a little overly optimistic.

the military is a toss-up, for all we know the commanders who are on board with killing american citizens would simply have dissenters shot.

that's a "well, it depends" kind of thing. would some continue to follow orders? absolutely, there is no question that the majority would. however, there's a lot of guys who take the oath to defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic very seriously and would do so. i'm thinking it would probably be a 60-40 split in the wrong direction and that might even be a little overly optimistic.

the military is a toss-up, for all we know the commanders who are on board with killing american citizens would simply have dissenters shot.

90/10 in the wrong direction

Gun confiscation in the US is not going to happen. You guys keep bringing this up over and over again. People who own guns know their rights and know the signs of their rights being taken away from them like in when that happened in Nazi Germany, Communist Russia, Red China...etc....it WON"T happen here. 300 million guns in the hands of that many Americans make us the largest standing army on the continent. Good luck taking away our firearms
Total confiscation won't happen, sure. But individual denials will, and do happen. Dems just pick folks off in small batches. Chief of Police in Mass is a prime example of that. We beg for a right, and it can still, yet STILL, be arbitrarily denied. And if you don't have the cash to take your CoP to court, you're SOOL.

Any local mayor who gets his town council behind him to abolish guns or aspects of shooting is that same path.

Slow and steady, and liberals have perfected that course. The steady decline in resources like gunpowder and lead is another path. While they may not take our guns in a literal sense, if you have no ammo, all you have is a funny looking stick...

I don't know where the post is on the web, but I seem to remember Obama voting in ILL to ban centerfire ammo, if he could do it without Congress he would have already done it.

But all it takes is the right circumstance to get a majority of Congress on board to ban ammo, but that being said if you have 20 or 30 thousand rounds of ammo (not that I would have something like that) and you are not going to the range shooting it, it will last you a long time!

I had this conversation with a college kid just the other day. Hillary supporter et all. "Guns are the problem", "gun violence" yada yada yada... I just told him that my guns have killed less people than Hillary's Benghazi screw up. And then, I told him that he could feel free to come to my house with a few friends and just try to confiscate or steal my shit, and to bring ear protection if he had an issue with loud noise. I'm sick and bloody tired of being reasonable and nice. If they want it, they can have it. Let's get this over with. I don't want to talk anymore. I don't want to bitch on the Internet anymore. I want them to put up or shut up. Let's do this.

I had this conversation with a college kid just the other day. Hillary supporter et all. "Guns are the problem", "gun violence" yada yada yada... I just told him that my guns have killed less people than Hillary's Benghazi screw up. And then, I told him that he could feel free to come to my house with a few friends and just try to confiscate or steal my shit, and to bring ear protection if he had an issue with loud noise. I'm sick and bloody tired of being reasonable and nice. If they want it, they can have it. Let's get this over with. I don't want to talk anymore. I don't want to bitch on the Internet anymore. I want them to put up or shut up. Let's do this.

You're just playing into their hands because you sound like you genuinely want violence.

she would not confiscate. just so long as you only have bolt action rifles suitable for "hunting"

They are not yet in a position to confiscate. These progressive scum are the masters of small ball. They have been moving forward with their agenda for the past 100+ years, and if you take a second to stop and think about it, they have made incredible progress.

Their game is to push as many laws as possible in as short a time as possible, but keep their eye on the prize. It may take a generation or two to get total disarmament, but it won't be in my lifetime.

I fear for my children and unborn grandchildren as the intentional dumbing down of society and increasing dependency on the govt has moved forward.

There won't be any confiscation ever.

Tell that to New Orleans gun owners.

Yes, in ordinary times, it won't happen. But a big enough event, something that gives the government excuse to declare martial law, and they might try it. Would be impossible though. They know their better route is to chip away at freedoms - registration, taxes etc. Even this is tough to do, since we know all their tricks now.

Tell that to New Orleans gun owners.

Yes, in ordinary times, it won't happen. But a big enough event, something that gives the government excuse to declare martial law, and they might try it. Would be impossible though. They know their better route is to chip away at freedoms - registration, taxes etc. Even this is tough to do, since we know all their tricks now.

And anyone that thinks total disarmament is not their objective really isn't paying attention. Everything that they do is to move the ball forward toward that end.

In self defense sure, but advocating for it when nothing has happened to justify it makes you look unhinged and confirms their beliefs about us.
Well, you're making my point. They believe what they want to believe, regardless of what I say or do. They remind me that one drunk jackass at the bar who's looking for a fight. Appeasing won't work. Talking won't work. Ignoring him won't work. The only thing that WILL work every fuggin time is a knuckle sandwich. And I'd be fine with giving them one. Whenever, wherever.

Well, you're making my point. They believe what they want to believe, regardless of what I say or do. They remind me that one drunk jackass at the bar who's looking for a fight. Appeasing won't work. Talking won't work. Ignoring him won't work. The only thing that WILL work every fuggin time is a knuckle sandwich. And I'd be fine with giving them one. Whenever, wherever.

It's different because you're basically prodding the guy at the bar going "Get drunk and belligerent so I can hit you". You're pushing for a fight that isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

The problem is you're showing them that their course of action is right in their mind, because you look dangerous and need to be stopped.

Last edited:
The beauty of Hillary's candidacy is that no one has any idea what she would actually do as President. This is an oft-discussed issueby political pundits.

Electing Hillary is a leap of faith, in hopes that she will do all that crap she has been saying. But given that she and Bill have raised billions from large corporations and foreign governments, I would bet that the corporate kleptocracy continues.

If any Democrat wins the presidency and holds it for 8 years, SCOTUS will go (more) anti 2 a. The current justices are old.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

This! +1

A lot of people don't realize this.

A lot of people who stayed home and didn't vote for McCain or Romney caused us to get not only Obama for 8 years, but 2 Supreme Court nominees. This further endangers not only our gun rights, but filters into all sorts of laws across the board.

So, hopefully, no matter who the republican nominee is, everyone will turn out. We cannot afford another democrat.

Depends on how one defines "confiscation". I agree that a nationwide forced collection of guns is highly unlikely any time soon, but I can see something along the line of the Aussie/GB model happening in the not-so-super-distant future. All it takes is the right "tragedy" resulting in some kind of a ban being enacted w/o grandfather clauses accompanied by a "mandatory buyback". Anti's will argue a buyback is not confiscation, but logically a mandatory buyback is. It may not start at the national level, but with a highly sympathetic/encouraging federal executive branch, I can see some cities and/or states trying to start the ball rolling locally. I could see them starting with the CT approach, register or be a felon. It's not happening Feb 1st 2017, but there are enough anti's that play the long game that I can see it sometime in the future.

The beauty of Hillary's candidacy is that no one has any idea what she would actually do as President. This is an oft-discussed issue by political pundits.

Electing Hillary is a leap of faith, in hopes that she will do all that crap she has been saying. But given that she and Bill have raised billions from large corporations and foreign governments, I would bet that the corporate kleptocracy continues.

You have to elect it to find out what's in it?

Back
Top Bottom