• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If Hillary get elected how long will it be until gun confiscation?

Powder and primers, on the other hand... They might not be able to stop folks from making guns but clamping down on components that aren't easily manufactured...

If you have charcoal, bat poop and sulfur, you can make black powder.

200 years ago, guns were manufactured in what amount to a basement workshop.

A resourceful person with a cnc setup, a 3d printer or even a bucket full of legos could manufacture a firearm and propellant.

We can only be disarmed if we allow it to happen.

Google "how to boil a frog"

Gentlemen, I'd like you to think of a scenario just for a few seconds here. Let's remove firearms from the discussion. Let's replace that word with......say.......televisions. Yep, because of the excessive 1st amendment speeches being made, the government has decided to confiscate every single TV in America. Yep. Take 'em all. Some homes have only one but most have at least two and may three. Now the government has to do go door to door to take the TVs. Just how do you think that would be done? Some would say use the military and National Guard and fire, etc., etc. but logistics come into play here and with 350,000 million Americans.....virtually all have at least 1 TV, do you think for one second that a 100% confiscation would ever come to pass? TVs are big and hard to hide and don't fight back. Guns are smaller, much easier to hide and, the government knows, can fight back. You might as well be concerned about Godzilla coming alive in NY Harbor. It's a pipe dream to the anti-gunners and a straw man to us owners. It won't happen. They will restrict our ability (as law abiding citizens we will comply to some extent) to have them in public or purchase more or find ammo but taking them won't happen because it just can't. We are too big.

Now let's get on with our day! I feel the need to shoot at the range for some reason.

Rome

Great. I can use that in my new CCW - a cap and ball revolver. Oh wait - without caps... I guess I could carry a flintlock musket in self defense...

Just because it isn't being done, doesn't mean it can't be done.
If boris can make an AK from a fvcking shovel, I'm pretty sure we can figure out how to make our own powder, primers , casings and bullets.
Will it be cost effective? Hell no. But if it comes down to what's being discussed, we will find a way.

Great. I can use that in my new CCW - a cap and ball revolver. Oh wait - without caps... I guess I could carry a flintlock musket in self defense...

I got a call from a guy at my job that told me he uses a flintlock for home defense. You better be a good ****ing shot and that intruder better not move much.

Never shot a flintlock but isn't a flash pan involved? Seems dicey!

Yeah! Flint has to hit the frizzen and drop sparks into the pan and then you have to wait for it to ignite and fire. Good luck defending your home with that.

Last edited:
There is a huge leap between "confiscation" and bans on acquiring new or perhaps even transfer. The vast majority of the states that put bans in place created one-time only grandfather opportunities (think CA, NY, CT, MA). In some cases it was registration (for future confiscation if they move the needle further) and it others (MA) it was just a manufacturing cutoff date.

Confiscation is either on the enemy's radar screen, or will be (feeding a beast only works up its appetite), but is not likely to happen soon.
True, but the only reason there was a grandfather clause was that they didn't have the votes to pass it otherwise. There are many who would love to outright ban certain semiautomatic firearms and they would do it if they could.
Senator Feinstein said the following on CBS 60 minutes on February 5th, 1995:
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
I am sure you can find the interview on Youtube.

In RI legislation was introduced to ban certain semiautomatic firearms because they were scary looking and there was NO grandfather clause. The sponsors claimed this was a mistake on their end and not the intention.. It would have made thousands of Rhode Islanders instant felons the day the bill would have become law.

I suspect someone shot and killed with a black powder charged cartridge would not share your amusement [laugh]

The point was simply that guns have been around a lot longer than high tech manufacturing facilities and that eradicating firearms from a society will only succeed if the society allows it. They're too frigging simple to make.

In self defense sure, but advocating for it when nothing has happened to justify it makes you look unhinged and confirms their beliefs about us.

He wasn't advocating for violence, He was explaining the consequences of acting out one's wishes.

So, hopefully, no matter who the republican nominee is, everyone will turn out. We cannot afford another democrat.

And a republican will gain us what? One or two more swirls around the crapper before the whole thing hits the drain is not going to make much difference.

I have to laugh at the notion that you're going to hold off the military if they want to come take your guns. They could drone you into oblivion before you know what happened and all those green tips you stocked up on for just such an occasion would be scattered around the remnants of your 'bunker'. They aren't stupid, they know what attempted confiscation would involve and they won't be polite about it if they do come which is why it would likely never happen.

Not enough military to come get you AND protect their families. Drones would work at first but it would get real hard to find people willing to fly, fix, or fuel them pretty quick.

"California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom wants to make it illegal for people to buy ammunition without passing a background check. He’s expected to announce the ballot initiative later today in San Francisco, and Los Angeles Times notes a similar law was rejected a few years ago."

"California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom wants to make it illegal for people to buy ammunition without passing a background check. He’s expected to announce the ballot initiative later today in San Francisco, and Los Angeles Times notes a similar law was rejected a few years ago."

HA, Here in CT we've already got that. You MUST have a permit or a special AMMO permit to buy ammo here. And, in MA as a CT resident I can't even buy a shotgun shell and that's regardless whether I've got my non-res permit, hunting license, or any other type of ID, period. At least in CT you, as non-resident, can apply for an ammo permit and buy it here. But, the point you're making is that this is just one more incremental hoop for the gun owner to have to jump through to enjoy the 2a. Now, I wonder........will all the bad guys in Oakland be streaming to the stores to buy their ammo and trying to pass NICs or do ya think they'll buy it out of the trunk of an old Ford for cash. I wonder. Mr. Newsom, your scheme will make zero difference.

I'd also like to bring another fact to this discussion about confiscation. Turn back the clock to the time right after the Newtown shootings when the gleeful democrats in Hartford had gathered to determine just how far they would push the new gun bill. That bill was sitting in someone's desk just waiting for an event like this one to be bandied about and be entered into the flow of legislation. CT democrats rule Connecticut, top to bottom with super-majorities in both houses. They could literally write what they wanted. There was not going to be a bipartisan debate with input from the citizenry. Not this time. Up till then the Dems didn't want to push their gun agenda because there was no impetus behind it and even though they had that super majority, there were many dem politicians who didn't want to change those laws and lose their seats............until now because now they had their reason and no crisis should go to waste.

The discussion was onerous talking to those who were in attendance. Everything was on the table. Everything up to and INCLUDING Confiscation. It was one facet of this bill that wasn't going to be removed. The discussion was hot and heavy but, in the end, the aspect of Confiscation was removed. Why? Because it was decided that it would lead to a slew of lawsuits that would have good chances of being successful against the State. Upon that decision, a core group of Democratic politicians stormed out of the conference and we were left with what we got; full registration, new hi-cap mag limitations, and the death of the AR-15 in any iteration forever. The only way we can now own one is if we find a preban. They are exempted. All others are verboten.

So, the state recognizes that confiscation would not be a viable course of action. The Feds know it too. As for amendments to our Constitution? Forget it. We'll never see another one because politics has so polarized this nation that we'd had a hard time coming together if an asteroid was going to hit.

Rome

If our guns are gone, we'll purchase more from the street vendors. What are they gonna do if you're caught, revoke your LTC???

For $300, you can get a nice Gen 2 Glock 19 or SW3913 and 2 mags in decent shape in a certain neighborhood in Dorchester, albeit with very different 'requirements'. Instead of having to fill out all that pesky paperwork all you have to do is

Drive a shitbox up to the spot
Wear clothes from Savers trying to emulate the local fashion cues
Speak like you're from Quincy kid
Not flinch when the friendly neighborhood peddler pulls the wares from his waistband, muzzle sweeps you with the finger on the trigger, racks the slide ejecting a live round, removes the magazine, and hands it over muzzle pointed at your feet

I could leave my house now and be home in less time than I spend waiting in line at four seasons.

For $300, you can get a nice Gen 2 Glock 19 or SW3913 and 2 mags in decent shape in a certain neighborhood in Dorchester, albeit with very different 'requirements'. Instead of having to fill out all that pesky paperwork all you have to do is

Drive a shitbox up to the spot
Wear clothes from Savers trying to emulate the local fashion cues
Speak like you're from Quincy kid
Not flinch when the friendly neighborhood peddler pulls the wares from his waistband, muzzle sweeps you with the finger on the trigger, racks the slide ejecting a live round, removes the magazine, and hands it over muzzle pointed at your feet

I could leave my house now and be home in less time than I spend waiting in line at four seasons.
No! That can't be happening. Don't they know that's illegal.

The average American commits 3 felonies a day. Those people are just more free than the law abiding. Until they're put in jail, that is, for possession of an OBJECT.

I'm not worried about confiscation. Apathy towards incremental restrictions is the real threat at the federal level. Here in "Flyover country" state laws are getting more pro 2a every year. But the specter of federal gun control is just the wrong administration and congress away. A black rifle and mag ban I think is a very real possibility in the coming years. A lot of people say if the notable shootings of the last couple years couldn't get federal gun control passed then nothing will. We had a republican controlled House and that was the one thing that saved us. We likely won't be lucky next time. On top of that we have several up and coming generations that are being force fed PC garbage day in and day out with no practical way to tune it out. Gun control is now "gun safety" along with the rest of the English language being scrubbed of any truthful or meaningful expression. Once that becomes the normal way of talking getting pro 2a messages out there will be more challenging to say the least. I'm 23 and hope for the best but I am certainly preparing for the worst.

On top of that we have several up and coming generations that are being force fed PC garbage day in and day out with no practical way to tune it out. Gun control is now "gun safety" along with the rest of the English language being scrubbed of any truthful or meaningful expression. Once that becomes the normal way of talking getting pro 2a messages out there will be more challenging to say the least. I'm 23 and hope for the best but I am certainly preparing for the worst.

Exactly, the anti's are in it for the long haul and are willing to squeeze for years and years. They openly acknowledge that their goal is complete elimination of firearm ownership and they also admit that it may take a generation or two - they are patient.

She was in Keene, NH today at a town hall type meeting and was asked a question on gun control and her answer was if she were elected president she would look into the Australian style gun control measure. It was an audio clip I heard several times on WBZ 1030 as I sat in traffic on 93 and 495 this afternoon. So I don't think it would be long before she tried something.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/clinton-australian-style-gun-control-worth-considering-for-u-s/
Clinton was asked at a New Hampshire town hall whether she thought an Australian-style policy could be implemented in the U.S."Recently, Australia managed to get away, or take away tens of thousands, millions of handguns. In one year, they were all gone. Can we do that? If we can’t, why can’t we?" A New Hampshire man asked Clinton.
"I think that’s worth considering. I do not know enough detail to tell you how we would do it, or how would it work, but certainly your example is worth looking at," Clinton said.

Last edited:
Had a discussion with liberals on another board where they were splitting hairs and arguing that "mandatory buyback" is not confiscation because the govt gives you some money in return, as such any talk about "confiscation" is stupid right-wing paranoia because it is "mandatory buyback" and not "confiscation".

Had a discussion with liberals on another board where they were splitting hairs and arguing that "mandatory buyback" is not confiscation because the govt gives you some money in return, as such any talk about "confiscation" is stupid right-wing paranoia because it is "mandatory buyback" and not "confiscation".
Yeah, and they would pay you scrap price for your guns..

Back
Top Bottom