• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If Hillary get elected how long will it be until gun confiscation?

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
Hillary has stated several times that the SJC got it wrong on the 2nd Amendment, the 2nd only applies to the States and Governments right to have guns, not individuals.

So the question is how long do you see until she can stack the SJC with enough anti-gunners to get a least a 5-4 against guns? There are 2 libs and 1 cons who will be retiring soon and potentially one more cons.

She cannot do it by executive action but will try, the ability to sue gun stores and manufacturers for the illegal use of guns would be a big nail in the coffin.

She needs to nominate 3 judges and get them confirmed and then bring a case before the SJC, although that will be fast tracked. Then they will allocate the money and people to go door to door. Of course the criminals will turn in their guns I HAVE CONFIDENCE THAT THEY WILL!

Not gonna happen. Shes talking smack now to get elected. Her husband touched that 3rd rail and got zapped big time. Every dem outside urban environments would get slaughtered and they know it.

She also said (when Al Gore lost) she would abolish the Republic, that our elections should be decided by a straight democratic vote, not the electoral college.

So she thinks big, not small. Yes, she's all talk, but she's still dangerous.

Gun confiscation in the US is not going to happen. You guys keep bringing this up over and over again. People who own guns know their rights and know the signs of their rights being taken away from them like in when that happened in Nazi Germany, Communist Russia, Red China...etc....it WON"T happen here. 300 million guns in the hands of that many Americans make us the largest standing army on the continent. Good luck taking away our firearms

Look, it won't happen because passing some type of mass confiscation law would be tantamount to hitting us in the face with a 2 x 4 with a nail in it. It won't fly because there would be a huge......and I mean huge resistance. Even if it were "voluntary" turn in, masses of citizens would retain their hardware. Just look at CT and NY. Think we all turned our stuff in because good 'Ol Danny boy shook his finger at us? Right.

What WILL happen is what's happening right now. The Dems learned quickly that incremental changes are what's required and they will chip away at the edges knowing full well they'll be at the core soon enough. I would suspect that the Dems in power, believe it or not, would push for a national reciprocity. Yep, it sure is tempting to like that but with that comes the power from Congress to begin whittling down what's ok and what's not ok to own. Ammo quantity, purchasing ability (1 or 2 per YEAR) stuff like that will begin to curtail our ownership. Eventually it'll get to the point where the next generation won't have semi-auto anything and eventually bolt action will be single shot etc. ,etc. It's a bleak prospect should those left-wingers get in for any length of time, that's for sure.

Be vigilant and don't accept any Trojan Horses.

Rome

Gun confiscation in the US is not going to happen. You guys keep bringing this up over and over again. People who own guns know their rights and know the signs of their rights being taken away from them like in when that happened in Nazi Germany, Communist Russia, Red China...etc....it WON"T happen here. 300 million guns in the hands of that many Americans make us the largest standing army on the continent. Good luck taking away our firearms

As soon as some martyr (what happened to the Bundy Ranch?), is massacred by the JBT over firearms, the sleeping giant will be awoken, and the JBT and it's Tyrant Leaders will be considered an enemy occupying force.

I love the op's optimism. Hillary elected and gun confiscation.

All those clowns on srage are going far left and will have lots of trouble in the general. Remember, obama never ran on gun control and amnesty, govt healthcare, etc. He knew those would be trouble in the general.

I say go for it, why wait for the election do it now....the bigger question is who are the volunteers that will be rounding up these arms, and good luck to you, especially in flyover Country...

Look, it won't happen because passing some type of mass confiscation law would be tantamount to hitting us in the face with a 2 x 4 with a nail in it. It won't fly because there would be a huge......and I mean huge resistance. Even if it were "voluntary" turn in, masses of citizens would retain their hardware. Just look at CT and NY. Think we all turned our stuff in because good 'Ol Danny boy shook his finger at us? Right.

What WILL happen is what's happening right now. The Dems learned quickly that incremental changes are what's required and they will chip away at the edges knowing full well they'll be at the core soon enough. I would suspect that the Dems in power, believe it or not, would push for a national reciprocity. Yep, it sure is tempting to like that but with that comes the power from Congress to begin whittling down what's ok and what's not ok to own. Ammo quantity, purchasing ability (1 or 2 per YEAR) stuff like that will begin to curtail our ownership. Eventually it'll get to the point where the next generation won't have semi-auto anything and eventually bolt action will be single shot etc. ,etc. It's a bleak prospect should those left-wingers get in for any length of time, that's for sure.

Be vigilant and don't accept any Trojan Horses.

Rome
Exactly. Even in Canada, they didn't do a mass turn in. What did they do? They classified guns, they registered guns, and they said that legal owners were "grandfathered". You don't have to take away the guns that are out there, you just need to make sure that no more get out there and limit transfers.

A good example in the USA is the Hughes Amendment re: machine guns. There will only ever be fewer (legal) machine guns in American civilian hands. They don't need to fight the hard battle now if they are willing to wait.

While they haven't (yet) gone door to door to collect them, did not New York a couple years ago outlaw a bunch of guns by declaring them assault weapons and requiring their registration? Don't register and you're a felon. Granted there are now a lot of new felons in NY, but as/when any of them come to the attention of the legal system, those "outlaw weapons" will certainly be confiscated.

The sad fact is, absent an apocalyptic event, the anti-gun crowd will eventually win. It might take decades or centuries, but eventually they'll win.

I can only hope that there will be enough Americans left to revise the situation or at least make it a costly affair.

There is a huge leap between "confiscation" and bans on acquiring new or perhaps even transfer. The vast majority of the states that put bans in place created one-time only grandfather opportunities (think CA, NY, CT, MA). In some cases it was registration (for future confiscation if they move the needle further) and it others (MA) it was just a manufacturing cutoff date.

Confiscation is either on the enemy's radar screen, or will be (feeding a beast only works up its appetite), but is not likely to happen soon.

The sad fact is, absent an apocalyptic event, the anti-gun crowd will eventually win. It might take decades or centuries, but eventually they'll win.
I can only hope that there will be enough Americans left to revise the situation or at least make it a costly affair.

I correlate this trend with the inefficacy and incompetence of the Government in general. The war of attrition being fought by the passive Left Wing Statists will result in an invasion (your apocalyptic event), which will reinvigorate Citizen self-arming.

The alternative is a competent, tyrannical Government that proactively disarms, and I think we agree that will be met with significant resistance.

At least I'm optimistic that my grandchildren won't be enslaved.

so the other 9 amendments in the Bill of Rights all pertain to the individual but the 2nd doesn't. Really?

I've always found it interesting that the 1A simply states that "Congress shall make no law", which sort of leaves the loophole that States could indeed make such a law. It implies that free speech is not an absolute, just that the Fed can't shut you up.

The 2A broadly states "Shall not be infringed" without defining by whom. As SCOTUS has already ruled that the 2A is an individual right, that seems to me that Federal, State and local authorities are Constitutionally powerless to create an actual or constructive law, rule or regulation that infringes on the individual right to keep and bear arms.

That and $2.45 will get me a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

While they haven't (yet) gone door to door to collect them, did not New York a couple years ago outlaw a bunch of guns by declaring them assault weapons and requiring their registration? Don't register and you're a felon. Granted there are now a lot of new felons in NY, but as/when any of them come to the attention of the legal system, those "outlaw weapons" will certainly be confiscated.

Sad but true.

You are correct about the registration and outlawing certain guns. The AR15 is dead here in CT. The State ordered us to register all AR15s (and any other named assault rifles) along with our high-cap mags. Can you imagine that.....mags have no numbers and many no names. Anyway yes, there were tens of thousands of owners who are now felons in the eyes of the state just because one day you were fine, the next you were not. I can tell you with much confidence that the State of CT was flummoxed with the super low number of registrations. They did not expect such a pushback. The bottom line is that there are too many for them to confiscate. They don't have the manpower and don't want to begin something that might not have a good end. And, they have no way of determining who actually has what. Sure, they have the initial purchase information from the 4473 but it's a long gun. The AR could be sold FTF with anyone after the initial purchase. Once that happened, the trail for that rifle was lost to the state. Of course the State also made the no-reporting status of FTF illegal, now. Today you have to alert the State of your sale to another person, period. So, those days are behind us except, of course, the fact that guys still ignore that rule as well.

See, you push your citizens into a corner and expect that if you squeeze hard enough you'll get the results you're looking for only to find out that there is going to be a lot of resistance the harder you push. They've backed off and there haven't been any attempts to confiscate anything. Will they in the future? There are still pending lawsuits out there that do have a chance of changing the gun environment here but I'm not holding my breath. Rather I'm moving out of this foolish state. Besides the onerous firearm laws the business climate and taxation happening through out this state do not bode well. We're still on the wrong side of a huge economic bubble that is set to burst the next election. Stay tuned!

Rome

Um.... They pretty much have already taken away "OUR" firearms in MA, RI, CT, MD, CA, NY..... And if you think law abiding citizens, family men and women, etc are gonna "rise up as an army" and fight off the oppressors? Hmmm...
I don't see anyone storming the State Houses or State Police headquarters in Albany, Hartford, Sacramento, Annapolis, Boston etc, but I do see and hear a lot of screaming and hollering (often by me and others here) when yet another WTF? oppressive anti-gun moment occurs.... We scream, we holler, then we go to work the next day.
There were about twelve people (thirteen including me) at one of the Pro 2A "rallies" last year.... And I personally know many people down here who are not carrying - not because they don't want to, but because they've been told by the Hillary's (MSP, AG, Local Chiefs etc) that they are not "allowed" to have a permission slip.

De Facto confiscation in MA happens (still) daily (LTC app? Denied. LTC? approved but restricted. LTC? not even bothered to be applied for by law abiding citizens, intimidated by the thugs in power. Don't have the $ to sue over it? Then get lost and let the Chief go back to further restricting someone else too) .... Yet Beacon Hill seems pretty quiet as they're staving off the siege of protest by the armed citizens this morning...

Just sayin'

Last edited:
And the ONLY part of the whole thing, all the steps outlined, that matters to politicians and the Antis is:
"At this point, the Second Amendment is history, but you've done nothing to decrease gun violence. All you've done is remove the barrier for Congress to act."

Cuz that's the MOST important thing to them. They've "done something" to control someone else! Hooray for them!!
But gun violence will increase and they'll say "oops" and go "back to the drawing board"...

To hell with what might actually happen, they say, let's just" try it out "and see what happens. Like when they "tried out " forced busing in Boston and even the experts back then suggested it might lead to "White flight" and further decay of the inner city. And by the decade of the 1990s a LOT of Weymouth, Hingham, etc etc was former Dorchester residents as Uphams Corner and Fields Corner began to further resemble Newark. ...

Last edited:
4 of the SC justices were born in the 1930s. As president Hillary will appoint several justices during her eight years. At some point after that cases will bubble up to SCOTUS, and Heller and McDonald will be overturned. States will go hog wild with restrictive laws. In addition, the US legislature could change over again. Maybe 8-12 years and gun ownership will no longer be an individual right in the US.

As much as I believe that Hillary and most of her peers would love to implement wholesale confiscation, I agree with those who say it will not happen. The more likely scenario, as stated multiple times already, is the NY/CT model of deeming certain guns illegal, making them illegal to sell or pass down to your kids. Sure, some of us will have kids that believe in the 2A, and will take care of our guns after we croak, but I bet many kids will have no interest, or will be indoctrinated and will turn them in before we are in the ground. Give it 2-3 generations, and this will take care of itself.

What I really believe will happen, is that this country will not last too many more generations. Too much more of this BS and several states will just decide to pull out. We are in an unsustainable death spiral, the welfare state is gaining numbers, and there is no way to fix any of this through elections.

shocked to say it... but i agree completely.

i grow tired of the republican fear-mongering surrounding elections.
Agree, but whether it'll (confiscation) actually happen nationwide or not, they'll keep f*ckin trying and keep coming back like the cockroaches do if you flood their nest with Raid or poison... They just keep f*ckin coming.

She says more than 90 people die everyday. That includes 66% of them suicide counts... which means only 35 could be homicide. CNN also pointed out how "untrue" and misleading she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom