How many of you carry on a daily basis?

I'm the semi-fortunate holder of a Class A LTC with "Target and Hunting" restrictions. When I have explained to friends and family that this means I have a license to carry that doesn't actually allow me to carry, I usually get the response "Well would you really want to carry anyway, doesn't it seem silly to carry a gun anytime you leave the house even to run to the store?"
My response is that having an LTC and choosing not to carry is like getting in your car and choosing not to wear a seat belt. You probably won't ever need it, you hope you never do, but if you do need it and you don't have it you may not survive or you may survive but have to live with the consequences. Obviously if you are going to carry you need to be 100% comfortable with your abilities, but aside from that concern why would you not carry?
Do most of you feel the same way and carry regularly, do you just carry in certain situations, or do you choose not to carry because you don't think you will ever win the "Oh $h!t" lottery?
Just curious.

i TRY to carry 100% of the time when i leave the house. unless im at work obviously, which sucks. like you said, "oh sh%t lottery"

I carry 100% when I'm not working or going someplace prohibited. I spent a bunch of my hard earn dough on carry guns so I would have no excuse. Large, Medium, and Small, one for each occasion. Except swimming...still need a swimming gun.

"Well would you really want to carry anyway, doesn't it seem silly to carry a gun anytime you leave the house even to run to the store?"
My response is that having an LTC and choosing not to carry is like getting in your car and choosing not to wear a seat belt. Obviously if you are going to carry you need to be 100% comfortable with your abilities, but aside from that concern why would you not carry?

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry nearly 100% of the time. I don't carry at work as its prohibited by policy and I've made the choice not to risk my job to carry there. Outside of that and legally prohibited places, I carry all the time.

I use the seatbelt analogy all the time as I feel it's the most appropriate way to explain it to non gun folk. Most get it and understand that even if they don't agree.

"Carry" as defined by MA law means possession. So the LTC means you can have in your possession a firearm. It doesn't mean you can carry it on you.

I am prohibited from carrying at work, so that is the only time I don't carry. I think it's pretty stupid because I have been carrying for over 40 years and I haven't gotten pissed and shot anyone yet and I've been pissed at a lot of people but shooting them was the last thing on my mind.

I carry 99.9 % of the time. Even in my house, when my gun is not on my person, it is usually within arms reach. I just sold my .38 snubbie, so really the only time I am without is if I am running outside to do something quickly and my pants can't accommodate pocket carry or a holster.

I carry 100% when I'm not working or going someplace prohibited. I spent a bunch of my hard earn dough on carry guns so I would have no excuse. Large, Medium, and Small, one for each occasion. Except swimming...still need a swimming gun.

got it covered, you need one of these

252294_10150262504502018_671022017_8865101_5568609_n.jpg

Im prohibited from carry or possesion on work property, so I only have a knife there...... Otherwise, yes I carry everywhere. 99% of the time even when Im at home. If I could plan around when I would "NEED" a firearm, I would simply plan not to be where I was going to need it..... I cannot, nor can I say if Ill need it, so I carry

I carry nearly 100% of the time. I don't carry at work as its prohibited by policy and I've made the choice not to risk my job to carry there. Outside of that and legally prohibited places, I carry all the time...

Exactly my response.

Though I've been made fun of by my children and friends for carrying two when at home.

I carry everyday. What is really funny I was on a jobsite in Cambridge, the GC is a huge liberal anti. He was ranting about his hatred of guns. Not realizing that the both contractors and his jobsite super were carrying. LOL.

When I still lived in MA (damn it feels good to use the past tense there) I carried as often as I could. Problem was I lived and worked very near to the CT border and often crossed into CT during the day. I never got around to getting a CT permit, so I really had to plan my weekdays carefully in order to carry. I'd say it would be most accurate to say I carried daily but not all day.

I carry everywhere. 100%. Everywhere i am legally permitted. This is why you never see Inky in a post office. :)
I have a sig .45 and a glock 9mm next to the keyboard, actually. :)

Any time I can. As long as I'm not going any place that bans them or is illegal to carry at.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom