• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many friends know how many guns you actually own?

dwarven1 said:
Actually, I know exactly how many I own. On advice of my lawyer, I have a complete list, with model # and serial #.

Just in case.

I have two such lists. One in a firebox here with copies of all the paperwork associated with them, and one in the Safety Deposit Box with original papers. But I have not counted the entries. Nor do I feel a need to.

Now, the large gun file is the one with all the NRA and Mass State Police course lists I've submitted over the years. I don't even want to THINK about how many names are in there. (^_^)

I'm the only one who knows how many guns I own and even then I'm not really sure. LOL The wife has an idea.

Cross-X said:
How do you decide who you tell?

There's probably more people who know that I wouldn't personally tell. It's a difficult thing when you're an instructor. 4 PD's have our name and phone number, and I've lost count of how many students have handed our name and number out, so....

As far as me personally telling someone...if I'm talking with them and I heard them make some kind of slamming comment about our beloved <cough, cough> legicritters, and they say something about the gun laws, etc., then I tell them hubby and I are instructors.

No matter who it is tho, I NEVER tell how many guns we own.

It's sort of like the military thing...

Don't ask, don't tell.... (especially the spouse)
Mrs. M1911 and I have a deal. I won't count the shoes in her closet and she won't count the guns in the safe. We could both easily do the counting and get in a huff -- "So why do you need another pair of flats??!!!. But it's best to agree to just not go there...

Another answer I've used - It depends on how you count. Are you refering to the state or the federal definition of a gun?

hehehe.....

In my case sometimes I forget I've had so many at times.This was before being a MA only resident though. A pal cleaned out his house out west and found a little BBrowning he'd thought he'd lost[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom