• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many friends know how many guns you actually own?

I shoot all mine, except for a couple of old shotguns I'd have to be a fool to even load, and I still don't know exactly how many I have. I'm pretty sure it's still in double digits, but I could be wrong.

Ken

Lynne said:
Hmm...how many friends know that Ed and I have guns... Well most of them. We've taken them all shooting. [smile]
I've tried to take them all shooting... Honest!

But my buddy's wife - the one who's ex-Air Force and ex-Army Reserves - doesn't like guns. Go figure. [rolleyes]

USMA-82 said:
I used to have a bunch, but I lost them all overboard in a fishing accident....

tba.gif

USMA-82 said:
I used to have a bunch, but I lost them all overboard in a fishing accident....

I bought a fair amount of my stuff Private Purchase.

This is going to be hard for some of you to grasp, but I actually own several semi-auto battle rifles and handguns with NO paper trail. All nice and legal.

Nickle said:
I bought a fair amount of my stuff Private Purchase.

This is going to be hard for some of you to grasp, but I actually own several semi-auto battle rifles and handguns with NO paper trail. All nice and legal.

Just for the record, I do not own any unregistered weapons of any kind.

[wink]

Jay G said:

[wink]

None of mine are "registered". Of course, I'm not required to register my firearms, and wouldn't live where it's required. I did have to register them with the military when I was in Europe, though.

Jay G said:

[wink]

I own a fair number of "unregistered" guns! Everything I bought from 1976 (the year I first started shooting) to 1986 from dealers and 1976 to 1998 from private parties is now "unregistered". The state destroyed all those records and thus they are not in their precious (useless) computer system. I have FA-10s and Blue Cards for every one of my guns however, so I have paperwork in case I want to sell them in-state.

Nickle said:
None of mine are "registered". Of course, I'm not required to register my firearms, and wouldn't live where it's required. I did have to register them with the military when I was in Europe, though.

None of the firearms in your entire collection had a 4473 form filled out?

That's registration.

All the guns I own have been duly recorded by the .gov, of course.

(And that's all I'll say on a public forum where IP addresses can be easily traced...)

[wink]

Having once lived in part of the US that, at the time, was free, I've got numerous firearms for which the last bit of official paper was the 4473 for the original purchase from a dealer several owners before me. Since most of those previous owners didn't keep any better records than average (particularly since absolutely nothing was required), and the odds are that a lot of them have left this world of laws and regulations behind, the trail is a cold as it can get.

Ken

I wonder how many people on this list know how many guns they own. I certainly don't know how many shirts or pair of socks I own. I do know how many pair of shoes I own, but I doubt that the female members of this like know how many they own. Shoes, that is.

Rob Boudrie said:
I wonder how many people on this list know how many guns they own. I certainly don't know how many shirts or pair of socks I own. I do know how many pair of shoes I own, but I doubt that the female members of this like know how many they own. Shoes, that is.
Actually, I know exactly how many I own. On advice of my lawyer, I have a complete list, with model # and serial #.

Just in case.

MrsWildweasel said:
I only have six pairs of shoes. So yes I do know, and yes I do know how many are in the gun safe also.[smile]
You keep your shoes in the gun safe? Wow... I don't even have room for all the guns in my gun safe!

dwarven1 said:
Actually, I know exactly how many I own. On advice of my lawyer, I have a complete list, with model # and serial #.

Just in case.

Where, exactly, does one find the serial number on a pair of shoes?

[laugh]

Jay G said:
None of the firearms in your entire collection had a 4473 form filled out?

That's registration.

Some have 4473's, some were private purchases.

An ATF 4473 does NOT constitute registration. The 4473 is kept on file at the selling dealer. He's required to keep a record (bound book) recording all of his sales since well before 1968 (when the 4473's came about). The ATF or FBI MUST give you a receipt before removing the form from the business premises.

The Dealer can also retire records after a set amount of time. I've got some firearms I've had that long.

dwarven1 said:
Originally Posted by MrsWildweasel
I only have six pairs of shoes. So yes I do know, and yes I do know how many are in the gun safe also.

You keep your shoes in the gun safe? Wow... I don't even have room for all the guns in my gun safe!

Sue isn't your Normal woman. My wife is the same way. Very few pairs of shoes, most clothing is very casual. Both are just a couple of Country Girls (nott music, location). Of course, Ross and Sue have met Marlyn, so they know.

Yup, Nickle you hit it square on the head. [smile] Wouldn't be any other way. I should say of those 6 pairs, one pair is my sneakers, 1pair is sandles, 1pair slip ons, and the other 3 are dress shoes.
I know what is in the safe because we had to empty and move the safe. We out grew the safe along time ago.[grin]

dwarven1 said:

Just in case.

Oh, I've got the same sort of list; I just never bothered to count up exactly how many lines there are on each page.

Ken

Oh, I've got the same sort of list; I just never bothered to count up exactly how many lines there are on each page.
Me too. I've got every FA-10. It's just been a long time since I've counted.

It's sort of like the military thing...

Don't ask, don't tell.... (especially the spouse)

or,

I knowwwwww nutttzzzziiiiiiinnnnngggggggg!!!!! (Sgt. Shultz)

So nobody else does either and that's just the way I like it...

TBP

Back
Top Bottom