How many friends know how many guns you actually own?

swatmedic said:
my wife dosen't even know>[grin]

Ditto that.

Heck, unless I take inventory, even I don't necessarily know!

Standard response: "More than I need, but less than I want." [wink]

Alternative response: "I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you."

+1

Seriously, unless I went and counted, I doubt I could come up with an exact number.

Every once in a while I pull out something wrapped in a piece of microfiber and say "Oh yea, forgot about that one."

Sad part is that the bulk of the number are older common stuff that isn't either valuable or in great shape.

Yea, not sure how many that I have. But quite a few. So same as above, I guess no one. I do have one friend that knows about the same as me...but that's about it...

I do know that it's enough that the news would have a field day if they were to know...

North Attleboro man has enough guns to form a militia. Film at 11.

I'm a kind of private person so it would not occur to me to discuss or advertise how many firearms I have. I might share pics of firearms I take some pride in from time-to-time with friends but otherwise no talk of quantities.

Yup, I also don't know EXACTLY how many. I've probably got a couple project actions somewhere as well.

The wife MAY have a better idea than I do, but, in my case, that isn't a bad thing.

Again, it isn't really a bad thing in my area.

None. My wife has a pretty good idea, but that's it.

Friends know that I shoot & I've taken several to the range, but none have seen the entire collection.

CD

Awww, you guys just married wrong. Mine used to help me reload, is also a shooter, and still helps us at Gun Shows. Damned if I'll lie to her.

Besides, she already has her Divorce Attorney...............Gaston Glock.

Last edited:
Nickle said:
Awww, you guys just married wrong. Mine used to help me reload, shoots herself, and still helps us at Gun Shows. Damned if I'll lie to her.

Besides, she already has her Divorce Attorney...............Gaston Glock.

Don't get me wrong, my wife shoots with me as well. We're picking up her latest handgun this weekend. She just isn't interested enough to take an inventory.

CD

I don't even know an exact count. Both my Wife and I have a rough idea however.

I would never discuss that sort of thing with anyone.

I am the only one who know the exact number. I was uncomfortable showing a part of my collection on this forum's gallery earlier this year. I am also concerned about possible headlines: "Local Vocational Teacher found with ARSENAL of guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition." What I own is my business thank you very much.

Chris

I know,but no one outside of our house knows. Our friends know we hunt and shoot, but that is it. Glenn also doesn't have to hide anything from me. [grin]

"Awww, you guys just married wrong. Mine used to help me reload, shoots herself, and still helps us at Gun Shows."

I hope she wasn't injured badly. (". . . shoots herself . . . ")

Though many know I'm "into guns", I don't think there have been but a handful who've seen the inside of my safe. Letting the rumor circulate that I'm crazy keeps those with a streak of caution away.
Actually.........in looking in my safe, I don't know where mine end and my daughter's begin.

swatmedic said:
my wife dosen't even know>[grin]
Mine either - when I told her about a swap that I did recently, she mentioned that she didn't have any idea how many I had now... and she had no idea that I had more than $1000 worth of guns. [devil]

However, there are a couple of people who have a good idea of what I have... and since I consider them both brothers, I don't have a problem with that. Hell, I'm storing Siggy's guns for him, so we better be trusting each other!!

Not only does my wife not know, but I'll be in biiiig trouble if she ever finds out that the Mosin Nagant is not the Mannlicher Carcano, or that the Sig 229 is not the SW99, or that...

[wink]

I could probably come up with a number close to the actual # of guns I own if I sat and thought about it. None of my friends, even my children's godparents, knows the actual number of guns I own...

No one. No one needs to know... I'm the only one that has access to the safe.

Four Seasons might have the best guess and they would be off!

Back
Top Bottom