• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How big of a deal is printing?

Also, if discretion is important to the OP, remember that the back window of your truck can tip people off that you might be carrying.

An NES sticker? Fine; the sheep don’t know it. A “got SIG?” Cool; most sheep will assume it refers to something else, and won’t ask anybody to avoid looking dumb. Even a Molon Labe sticker is opaque to most.

But a bunch of the wrong kind of stickers can lead to unwanted attention. Some of us care and some of us don’t, but it’s something the OP might want to keep in mind.

When I see gun stickers I automatically look for the print.

How about a license plate that says RKBA 2

I never worry about printing. I never understood the tiny microgun craze. People are justifying carrying mouse guns because they're easy to conceal, instead of carrying a decent gun in a powerfull caliber. But unless you're a deep cover spy or you're carrying where you're not supposed to have a gun I just don't see the point in worrying over someone catching a glimpse of what might be a gun.
I'd rather have a .357 that "prints" than a .380 that I can hide in my speedo.
Largely I agree, but if I dress up and tuck in my shirt, I can’t think of a great way to carry a gun bigger than a j frame (or similar) or a pocket sized .380. For me it depends on dress, which varies from person to person. Thankfully my shirt is untucked about 99% of the time.

IDGAF in the summer I'll owb a cz p09 with a plus two mag. Just don't care enough I guess. Oddly enough they hide better than my 17 which I frequently carry and my full size xdm. I just don't care about it any more. I did get an xds for comfort however

I got made twice with my 1911, I carry at 4. Once was in a restaurant. I got up and while putting my coat on I reached up and my shirt rode up enough to expose my love handles. Guy sitting in the table across from me saw it, I kept eye contact with him and gave him my Tony Saprano smile and kept moving. The other time was in the eye Dr. office, lady giving some test whlie I am leaning into the stupid machine was sitting sideways a bit, shirt was tight and she noticed. Her eyes got big a saucers, excused herself and went running up the hallway whispering as loud as she could "He has a GUN!" Another girl finished the test ( I assume the other lady had to change her panties) and they hustled me out the door after making another appointment for 6 months later. This was in Lawrence and the SWAT team was not waiting outside with the MRAP (sp)
After that one I never worry.

A little printing is acceptable...

iu

Obligatory @minininjer comment...

Minnie, are you still using that custom rig or switched to something else?

If I recall correctly, the laws passed in 2014 included a part that nothing could be done to you if your otherwise concealed firearm was inadvertently exposed.

Also, people don't notice. I have been standing in a parking lot with my gun hanging out and even a cop looking directly at me never noticed.

He noticed. He just didn't think you looked like a bad guy.

OP, an easy test...go to a family reunion or friend get together, carry, but dont tell anyone. You will see no one notices. And these are people that know you and will spend some time around you.

My never-touched-a-gun-in-his-life brother-in-law
made some offhand comment about
the sheer awesomeness of .45's -
while was I sitting across the room,
with a 1911 Commander in my pocket.

If you doubt me,
look up "oblivious" in the dictionary -
it has my anecdote right there.

Last edited:
Glock 27 in Desantis Superfly holster right front jean pocket, flat base plate magazine. Two mags left rear pocket with pearce grip +1 to orient their direction. Long shirt untucked. Every thing is nice and square... [smile]

Largely I agree, but if I dress up and tuck in my shirt, I can’t think of a great way to carry a gun bigger than a j frame (or similar) or a pocket sized .380. For me it depends on dress, which varies from person to person. Thankfully my shirt is untucked about 99% of the time.
In a dress up situation, a suit coat or blazer is a good idea. You look sharp, you can carry OWB, and it’s easily covered.

I found that for me, how deep the holster rides can make a huge difference in comfort.

I bought the same brand and model holster for 2 different guns and a half inch too high on the second one makes it unusable until I get a new undrilled strap that I can exactly match.

The first one fits perfectly at 1 to 3 o'clock and it doesn't print at all. I still prefer to carry the heavier, thicker one just because of the holster.

Back
Top Bottom