• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How big of a deal is printing?

I'm a big guy 6'1" 250/260lbs I have tried a few holsters from alien gear to rawdog with my XD-E 9MM . All conceal well but the butt prints a bit on my back. I usually end up around 4 oclock position. Am I worrying too much about some printing?

I used to worry about the same thing.

Now I don’t.

9,999 out of every 10,000 sheeple have no clue what a printing firearm looks like. And the last guy is probably printing too.

I do go at 3:00, partly because it prints less. But it’s more comfortable for me anyway.

Yes your worried too much Imo

As long as you can't see the actual gun or barrel sticking out under your shirt your good. Just walk into anyplace like you own it......nobody will notice anyway and even if someone does they'll probably assume your leo. On a other note......if your really that worried about printing.....black and dark blue hide the printing a little.

Not sure that it would help with printing but try a crossbred holster I think they are leaps and bounds better then alien gear.
Also as others have said 99% of people don’t notice anything they all have their nose in the phone

A little printing is acceptable...

iu

9,999 out of every 10,000 sheeple have no clue what a printing firearm looks like..
This. Most people probably assume phone, medical device of some sort, happy meal shoved into your pants...something.

If I recall correctly, the laws passed in 2014 included a part that nothing could be done to you if your otherwise concealed firearm was inadvertently exposed.

Also, people don't notice. I have been standing in a parking lot with my gun hanging out and even a cop looking directly at me never noticed.

I stopped GAF. People are blind. If seen I do have the proper license so everyone can GFT. Chief obviously trusts me with his signature on the line or he would not have signed it.

I used to wear the Thunderwear fanny pack holster. My sister's friend saw the bulge in my crotch from a regular 4" double stack pistol and was staring for an hour [laugh] (no she's not attractive).

I could care less about printing.

I mean, I guess if you have to print, print in such a way as to get attention from the ladiezz...

Op. I’m the same size as you. I go owb 99% of the time. I’ve come to desire comfort over concealability. I always wear “tall” shirts. Currently carrying a G19 or G43 in a Raven concealment owb kydex (4:00). Yeah, the butt protrudes, but nobody has a clue. And idgaf if they did.

Is there any record of anyone calling the police on anyone, that was printing. Especially in Massachusetts just curious. I actually worry sometimes with a t shirt on and a Glock 19 with a light is going to print.

I carry at roughly 4:00. I’ve found that good posture plays a big role in preventing printing. And it’s healthy for you!

I do my best to avoid it, but don’t really care if I’m printing.

I used to worry about it, but now I don't even give it a second thought.

Anyone who notices knows what it is and won't care; and anyone who would care won't notice.

6'4", 285. Jeans and t-shirt almost exclusively outside work. Full-size 1911 with a 10 round McCormick power mag (just that little bit larger) and sometimes IWB (in the car), sometimes OWB (on the bike) pretty much 330-400 location, depends on where the belt loops are. Supertuck IWB, Bianchi OWB. IDGAF about printing. And most of my t-shirts are Pro-2a so it's pretty much a given (if you're thinking) that I'm carrying. Still DGAF.

I'm a big guy 6'1" 250/260lbs I have tried a few holsters from alien gear to rawdog with my XD-E 9MM . All conceal well but the butt prints a bit on my back. I usually end up around 4 oclock position. Am I worrying too much about some printing?

If that tiny gun is printing, might be a sign for you buy shirts the next size up. Save the muscle shirts for bed time.

Im a pretty small guy, 5’7, 150. Like many I was really worried at first someone would see my gun printing. After a little while I stopped worrying. Most people in MA have never put a gun in a holster under their shirt so they don’t know what “printing” is. They don’t know what they don’t know. Only people in the know understand what shapes say “gun” and which places to look for them.

Here’s a challenge: play the “look for other people carrying guns” game. I’m 6 years in and I’ve spotted about 2-3 normal people carrying. It’s hard even if you know what to look for.

As previously stated: so long as it’s not visible, nobody knows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom