Hello!

MrsWildweasel said:
However, when you get into combat, spending weeks in the field, sharing the same fighting hole where you piss down the grenade sump, shit in MRE bags, grab your 80 pounds of gear and hump another 25 miles to do the same thing... How well do you think it can work? Let's not forget hygiene.
You got me on that one. You guys do have an advantage there that we don't. I'll concede that. :)

That really is the basis of what I'm trying to say. Like I said, it's not the fact that females can't shoot just as straight as I can, it's the conditions in which you have to do it.

No he won't be able to make it. That weekend his unit is going to the cape. He barely gets his boots in the door. They are doing a drill. :(

MrsWildweasel said:
No he won't be able to make it. That weekend his unit is going to the cape. He barely gets his boots in the door. They are doing a drill. :(

That sucks! I know you and the hubby are planning to come and it would have been very cool if your son could attend, as well.

It sucks,but he need the time with his unit too. We're going to try and get him as squared away as we can in the short amount of time that we have him home.

MrsWildweasel said:
It sucks,but he need the time with his unit too. We're going to try and get him as squared away as we can in the short amount of time that we have him home.

I have no doubt that you two will. And, I look forward to meeting you both! I hope you understand where I'm coming from in this discussion.

Yes, I do. I also think alot of guys are afraid women will be beating down the door for combat MOS's. I don't see that happening. I think it would be just a handful,but I think the military(all branches) now have to sit back and re-evaluate,just what exactly a support mos is going to be. The line was crossed,and now they have to figure out how to fix it. I also look forward to meeting you. :D

Thanks for the clarification (MOS). :D Speaking as someone who *used* to be able to do 20 dead drop pull ups (was that Tony?), I agree with you, and I also agree with Mrs. W. If a female can do the job, and doesn't have problems with "that time", then let her do a job where she might be in some danger from the enemy. However - that being said - there's also the psychological effect of a woman being raped and tortured by the enemy. You gentlemen will want to protect her on the field of battle because she's female and it's inbred in the genes (heman must protect female), but the outrage and out cry from a female going through the same treatment as some of Saddam's prisoners....well, that's not overly appealing. I always wanted to join, but I'm an insulin dependent diabetic and Uncle Sam didn't want me and with good reason. I can't stop the fight to treat a low blood sugar. My heart still wears camo tho. :D

The female POWS I am sure endured some of that,which I am sure the guys were also beaten. Its a rock and a hard place for a guy to be in knowing that and knowing there is nothing they can do too.

Lynne said:
You gentlemen will want to protect her on the field of battle because she's female and it's inbred in the genes (heman must protect female)

"Mongo Strong! Mongo like woooman!" :D

Exactly! When a man, soldier or Marine is a POW and raped, tortured and killed, it's not as newsworthy as when it happens to a female. That is the reality of warfare.

Ooops, can't spell soldier. Haven't had much practice.

Which is true, and why we heard so much about the 507th when the were captured. If there hadn't been women involved in that we probably would not have heard so much about it.
I didn't think Marines knew how to spell soldier!!!! [twisted] j/k

TonyD said:
Exactly! When a man, soldier or Marine is a POW and raped, tortured and killed, it's not as newsworthy as when it happens to a female. That is the reality of warfare.

Yes, it is. And, most women suffer from the river of Denial. "That won't happen to me." I'm sure that's what Jessica said, and the other female...Shoshona? I forget her name... said as well. Bless their hearts and I thank them for serving, but I wouldn't want my daughter (if I had one) going through that. I'm realistic enough to know that the a$$holes over there (and any other place where we've got enemies) won't think twice about using females to make Americans back off in their support.

Course, it would only inflame the guys over there to get even with them, and maybe even run the risk of putting their lives in even more danger. I have a number of family members who've served, as well as friends, and all of them have said that it would distract them to have a woman in the foxhole next to them, because they'd be more worried about her getting hurt, than if it was their buddy next to them.

MrsWildweasel said:
Plus we are the only country that goes by the Geneva Convention.

I can't believe how much that pisses me off. This BS on our treatment of the Iraqi POWs. It's funny how the Libs easily forget history and how every country that has held U.S. pows has treated them horribly and murdered lots of them. We put a few in the "Squeeze" for some intel gathering and we are the bad guys.

These same Libs who complain about everything that keeps them safe are the same ones who will run to Canada if the battle ever comes home.

MrsWildweasel said:
Plus we are the only country that goes by the Geneva Convention.

Sometimes that is very regretable....that we're following it, not that others aren't. But GAWD for BID that we do anything the liberals in this country feel too embarrassing for an enemy conbatant to endure....oh jeez, don't get me started!!

Lynne said:
TonyD said:

Yes, it is. And, most women suffer from the river of Denial. "That won't happen to me." I'm sure that's what Jessica said, and the other female...Shoshona? I forget her name... said as well. Bless their hearts and I thank them for serving, but I wouldn't want my daughter (if I had one) going through that. I'm realistic enough to know that the a$$holes over there (and any other place where we've got enemies) won't think twice about using females to make Americans back off in their support.

Course, it would only inflame the guys over there to get even with them, and maybe even run the risk of putting their lives in even more danger. I have a number of family members who've served, as well as friends, and all of them have said that it would distract them to have a woman in the foxhole next to them, because they'd be more worried about her getting hurt, than if it was their buddy next to them.

So true. Derek and his loin cloth aside. "grab women by hair, drag into cave, uuggh!"

We Marine's often can't spel slodieaer. It's a foreign concept.

Back
Top Bottom