• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello!

Is this the one and only Patty?

ETA: By golly it is! Welcome aboard, I'm real glad you joined us here. I hope you enjoy it.

Please drop me an Email and let me know how things went today?

Hi, I thought you were a southern belle Patty???

I guess us Yankees have all the class and style that you just can't stay away from :p

Well, Patty didn't post it here (she did post it on ARFCOM), but she just got the results of an MRI and it came up cancer-free!

So Patty is <rightfully so> flying high right now.

Congrats!!

LenS said:
Well, Patty didn't post it here (she did post it on ARFCOM), but she just got the results of an MRI and it came up cancer-free!

Congrats!!

Excellent News!

LenS said:

Congrats!!

Outstanding!

LenS said:

Congrats!!

Speaking as a survivor (24 years), congrats Patty, and welcome to the board. :D

Thank you for well wishes

Hello everyone! Thank you for the well wishes, I'm doing really well and would like to thank Lens, his wife Deena and MrsWildWeasle for their support. It's meant the world to me.

It's good to see everyone. Just curious but are girls from out west considered Yankees or not?

Patty :?

Sorry but No us westerners aren't yankees, but I'll make you an honorary one. I only qualify barely since I married my husband, or so he tells me. :D West coast is still in my blood though.

Re: Thank you for well wishes

pattycakes said:
Hello everyone! Thank you for the well wishes, I'm doing really well and would like to thank Lens, his wife Deena and MrsWildWeasle for their support. It's meant the world to me.

It's good to see everyone. Just curious but are girls from out west considered Yankees or not?

Patty :?

Lord, I hope not! I'm originally from California (not the people's republic, but the very large red portion you never hear about). Anybody who'd call my mother a yankee would definitely have some 'splainin' to do.

Ken

Patty,

We were glad to help. Many of us have had out bouts with rough times where someone did some little things for us that helped us out immensely and one of the best ways to say "thanks" is to reach out to someone else in need!

Patty, if you want to be an Honorary Yankee, I can grant you that wish on this forum using my Moderator powers. [lol] Poof, now you are one!

The real objective here is to be a friendly place for like minded folks. I am registered on two WA-area gun forums, as on occasion I have reason to be at Microsoft in Redmond and attempt to get together with a great bunch of folks out there (Tweak being the WA-area chief coordinator for me) to shoot. So, if you, Tony or any other traveling member of this forum want to get together if/when their travels take them to New England, we'll be there for you/them to attempt to do something similar (or just dinner, depending on schedules).

MrsWildweasel said:
Definately not. Your about as southern as you can get. :D

Very funny! Well my family actually immigrated from Ireland after the civil war but my Grandmother swears up and down she's a southern belle since the family's port of entry was New Orelenes.

Patty :eek:

pattycakes said:
MrsWildweasel said:
Definately not. Your about as southern as you can get. :D

Very funny! Well my family actually immigrated from Ireland after the civil war but my Grandmother swears up and down she's a southern belle since the family's port of entry was New Orelenes.

Patty :eek:

Close enough. Sounds southern to me!

Actually I should have clarified, it was meant for Tony. Patty I was glad to lend you my shoulder for support. I would do it all over again too. Besides friendship works both ways. I got to use your shoulder here not too long ago too. For those that don't know... Our son is finishing up his combat engineer schooling with the Army at the end of the month,We found out this weekend his unit had been activated and he will be going to Iraq with them in June. He will be home roughly a month,and gone for 16 months.

Mr/MrsWW, may your Son do you both proud and kick some terrorist ass while in the sandbox. May God watch over him and keep him safe! And thank him (and both of you) for his/your service in keeping all of us safe!

Thanks. He made us proud when he decided to join. He joined his senior year of high school,and you would not believe some of the comments he got from students and teachers. It was kind of a surprise. We didn't think it would be this soon. His recruiter also went up a few notches in my book. He is resigning his recruiting duties and going over with these guys. I though he was upstanding before,since he was a very honest recruiter and no bull.It will be a very long 16 months for us. Hubby wishes he wasn't so decrepid so he can with him. Thanks for the well wishes.

It has to be difficult to seperate the pride from the anxiety. And since they won't let me go back either, tell him to blow something up for me!

Will do. I have more anxiety since they are not going as combat engineers,which I resigned myself to when he signed up. Instead they are going as MP's.

TonyD said:
That doesn't make sense. However, I've heard that about the Army.

No kidding! My late Father told me all about that from his service in WWII. I also got to see it first hand when my ROTC buddies got their assignments in our Senior year of college . . . they were soon-to-be engineering grads and signed up to be in engineering companies (something about promises by the government :( ), only to be assigned to Infantry! This was in 1970, so we all knew what that really meant.

The irony is both MOS's are short handed. My sons combat engineers is a critical MOS,and the Army is so short of MP's. Although hubby said I should be thankful they didn't reclass them as 11B's. No one ever said the Army makes sense either.

Back
Top Bottom