Hello ATF

I doubt it's the ATF.

But they know about it now.

Just an ignorant seller not in jail yet.

All that means is that they once lived near Boston, or worked for a company that let them keep the number.

Possibly, but combine that with an obvious NFA firearm and it would raise my eyebrow another notch.
Not all this stuff is ATF trolling , but some of it damn sure is.

For sale in NH , but Boston area phone number.

My dad lives in RI but has a 774 area code because the town he lives in is right next to Fall River.

All that means is that they once lived near Boston, or worked for a company that let them keep the number.

Present tense of "work" also may apply. The number's listed as being local to Jamaica Plain.

Anyways, the guy is either: a) the master of understatement and leaving out key details like SBR info; 2) f*cked; or 3) planning on some entrapment. Also has another Bushmaster upper for sale and two 6.5 Creedmore rifles.

It's definitely a scam. Three different backdrops for the same seller. Look at the spelling errors as well. Probably wants you to wire the money. Most likely sitting behind a computer somewhere in Asia.

This doesn’t scream scam to me... it looks like an uninformed seller.

The problem with this is nobody gets a real acog and an AR for only a grand or so. So in some way or another it most definitely is a scam. The only way it could possibly be legit is if the dude inherited the thing from a
dead guy. (not likely).

Also its on armslist, they should have an animated background depicting turds floating down a river behind every ad... [laugh]

-Mike

I doubt it's the ATF.

But they know about it now.

Just an ignorant seller not in jail yet.

News Flash: There probably is no rifle. We've had these same types of scammers PMing people on here as well. (although not usually with an NFA device, lmao).

-Mike

The 617 area code in the ad means nothing. I have relatives that moved to NH 3 years ago and they still using area code 978 on their cell phones. My sister moved from NC back to MA a couple of years ago and still has 910 area code for NC on her phone.

The 617 area code in the ad means nothing. I have relatives that moved to NH 3 years ago and they still using area code 978 on their cell phones. My sister moved from NC back to MA a couple of years ago and still has 910 area code for NC on her phone.

Not to mention that chinese lady keeps giving me voicemails from a 617 number.... [rofl]

Last edited:
Could be $1000 for the gun which is way over priced for a NH AR it's a $500 dollar gun at best.

He is trying to recoup his $200 dollar TAX stamp and when you text him about the gun he tells you if you want the Acog it's $500 dollars more so total $1500 and he get the price he paid back.

But he is probably really selling the crappy lower with the 16 in bushmaster upper if ypu don't want a tax stamped SBR.

It's click bait to get you to open the ad and start asking him questions so he can make a sale.

And if he only sells the gun for $1000 dollars he makes a sevral hundred off the rifle.

No one know untill they text him and say how much for the AR with the Acog

Last edited:
Could be $1000 for the gun which is way over priced for a NH AR it's a $500 dollar gun at best.

He is trying to recoup his $200 dollar TAX stamp and when you text him about the gun he tells you if you want the Acog it's $500 dollars more so total $1500 and he get the price he paid back.

But he is probably really selling the crappy lower with the 16 in bushmaster upper if ypu don't want a tax stamped SBR.

It's click bait to get you to open the ad and start asking him questions so he can make a sale.

And if he only sells the gun for $1000 dollars he makes a sevral hundred off the rifle.

No one know untill they text him and say how much for the AR with the Acog
I'd give him $150 for the 10" upper for my SBR(s)...

Armslist I average about a 90% failure rate.

50% of the time I just get no response, I swear some people list the same gun 6 times but it never occurs to them every response goes to their spam folder.

20% of the time sellers piss me off by wanting to go above and beyond the law for an FFL transfer, which for me is like adding $50 in aggravation (on top of any fees) and that's usually enough to make the deal nfg so I pass.. occasionally I find FFLs hidding in the private listings who tell you later - also real annoying.

Occasionally you find the gun has sold and the seller is nice enough to respond or the person is too far with no flexibility to meet you halfway or is socially inept and refuses to use a phone or communicate in a way that provides answers to basic questions..

The 10% of the time it works it goes simple and easy how it's supposed to. Generally Armslist people seem to suck though but not once yet have I run into a scammer.

I agree on the MA number, I have one on a work phone but I never use it for firearms stuff as some people get all confused by it as we see here.

For sale in NH , but Boston area phone number.
Area codes and exchanges don't mean anything anymore. I worked for a small VoIP CLEC and we could get a customer any area code and exchange they wanted.
And I live in NH and have a MA number, because cell phone.

Area codes and exchanges don't mean anything anymore. I worked for a small VoIP CLEC and we could get a customer any area code and exchange they wanted.
And I live in NH and have a MA number, because cell phone.
My office is in MA, but I have an Atlanta phone number because VoIP

My brother has out of state for 20 years and still has a 617 area code on his cell. He was living in Colorado when he got his phone in MA. Telephone numbers mean nothing as to place of residence anymore.

Last edited:
My success rate for buying on Armslist is 0%. Every ad that had a decent price always turns out to be a someone who has "moved or is currently out of state" and they want the money wired to them and they'll ship the item back. LOL. Ok sure... I'll have my rich Nigerian Uncle wire you the money.

I'm half tempted to email this guy, but then I'd have to come up with a new burner email account.

Yup. I've lived here for over 10 years at this point and I've still got a 412 area code in my phone number.

Back
Top Bottom