• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hello Utah - Gun Permit That Is!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Just picked up the mail and included was a little present from Utah. Yep, a nice shiny new Utah CCW Permit. Not a bad turnaround time. It went into the mail on Dec 20th and arrived today. So 48 days from mailing to them to receiving it from them. Not bad at all. MA could learn a thing or two from them.

Wait till renewal time.... $15.00 and can be done online!

That's what I was going to say. The most difficult part was getting a photo that meets their requirements (I was home alone when I renewed so had no one to take my photo...lol).

Turn around time for the renewal was really quick, too.

Just got my Utah license on Saturday. About 6 weeks from application date.
I find it strange that I have unrestricted licenses from Maine, New Hampshire and Utah, all obtained without a personal interview, yet Boston spent two hours with me and put restrictions on my Mass. license.

Just got my Utah license on Saturday. About 6 weeks from application date.
I find it strange that I have unrestricted licenses from Maine, New Hampshire and Utah, all obtained without a personal interview, yet Boston spent two hours with me and put restrictions on my Mass. license.

That's because Massachusetts is filled with statist assh0les.

To the OP: Congrats! I have mine too, now I need to get off my ass and get my CT permit in

That's because Massachusetts is filled with statist assh0les.

To the OP: Congrats! I have mine too, now I need to get off my ass and get my CT permit in

CT permit is next on my list. I have a class scheduled for just that purpose weekend after next.

Just picked up the mail and included was a little present from Utah. Yep, a nice shiny new Utah CCW Permit. Not a bad turnaround time. It went into the mail on Dec 20th and arrived today. So 48 days from mailing to them to receiving it from them. Not bad at all. MA could learn a thing or two from them.

Where did you end up taking the class?

Maybe a stupid question, but what’s the reason for getting all of these if you live in Mass?

Maybe a stupid question, but what’s the reason for getting all of these if you live in Mass?

Traveling - I'm doing a cross country tour this summer and need to be covered in every state. Utah non resident permit allows most of the states reciprocity.

I want to do this state as well. Is this a MFS class or are you doing it somewhere else?

I signed up for the one at MFS. It looks like they still have openings for the class on the afternoon of the 24th.

Thinking of doing CT myself, is there a special class that's required?

I do believe you need a safety class and live fire, but I'm not certain what else is required. The MFS class helps you with the application paperwork/fingerprints/photos/notary/etc., which was why I signed up for it, really.

So you can carry elsewhere. MA has reciprocity with 0 other states, though luckily some states like Texas are magnanimous and will recognize a MA LTC. UT gets you reciprocity with something like 30-odd other states.

I do believe you need a safety class and live fire, but I'm not certain what else is required.
UT requires that you take a class from an instructor who has made a pilgrimage to the holy land of LDS to take a one day certification course. It was easier in the old days when one could mail order instructor status for $5.

The instructor needs to stamp your application with his/her official stamp - Instructions for Firearms Instructor’s Official Seal | DPS – Criminal Identification (BCI)

As great as it to be to be "legal" once you enter real America.. your at the whim of the local .gov.....
I don't think anyone understands what its like to go from north to south...
Until you've meat a Texas ranger, you don't understand what law enforcement is
supposed to be until you do....

Mine went in the mail January 3 and I am still waiting ...

Taking the class tomorrow. Road tripping around the west this summer!
Does anyone know if a non-resident Oregon permit is a thing?

As great as it to be to be "legal" once you enter real America.. your at the whim of the local .gov....
I agree with this. I got my MA and UT permit at the same time, but never felt secure with the Utah one. I've only gone to NH and VT, which are both Constitutional anyway. If you somehow happen to find yourself in a situation with LE, I don't think they'll know about the reciprocity and you'll be in a load of trouble in the meantime.

I agree with this. I got my MA and UT permit at the same time, but never felt secure with the Utah one. I've only gone to NH and VT, which are both Constitutional anyway. If you somehow happen to find yourself in a situation with LE, I don't think they'll know about the reciprocity and you'll be in a load of trouble in the meantime.
What reciprocity? MA doesn't honor anyone else's LTC. Lots of other places do honor Utah.

What reciprocity? MA doesn't honor anyone else's LTC. Lots of other places do honor Utah.
I was referring to the other states that honor reciprocity. My point is that most LE from these states aren't aware of the reciprocity and will likely detain you first.

Back
Top Bottom