Hello ATF

This doesn’t scream scam to me... it looks like an uninformed seller.

Ditto. Looks like the dude is just not smart is all. He's selling the original upper as well.

The 617 area code in the ad means nothing. I have relatives that moved to NH 3 years ago and they still using area code 978 on their cell phones. My sister moved from NC back to MA a couple of years ago and still has 910 area code for NC on her phone.

My daughter and SIL are in Missouri. Still have 508 #'s.

Tineye implies it wasn't a stolen image (this kind of thing happened on another forum I'm on--a scammer reposted someone else's rifle using stolen pics and got away with it):
upload_2019-5-22_11-47-54.png

Or a cell phone with a 617 area code. Not a lot of them left, but they are still out there. Very handy in the old days when there were "local calling areas" and tolls even within area codes.

All that means is that they once lived near Boston, or worked for a company that let them keep the number.

The ad and price is questionable but the phone number doesn't flag in my mind.

***** NVM!!!! *****

Closer inspection of the rifle photo appears to have an extra hole....who knows if it's just the picture but there shouldn't be anything there at all. HARD PASS....

Attachments

• 9994724_01_bushmaster__640.jpg
    9994724_01_bushmaster__640.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that she said if you play this recording without her consent, the Chinese tong will hunt you down.
519XAhc1zcL._SX425_.jpg

I don’t find it that alarming, but I’ve almost been caught up in way worse stuff that seemed legitimate.

General rule, don't trust anyone who doesn't have iron sights.

I hunt with iron sights. I have a difficulty with maintaining my point of aim and mounting a scope to my line of sight. I more likely than not will lose the target and have to look around through the scope to reacquire it. If you have a moving deer, that is hard to do. Iron sights come to the eye without losing the point of aim.

Or a cell phone with a 617 area code. Not a lot of them left, but they are still out there. Very handy in the old days when there were "local calling areas" and tolls even within area codes.
My cell still has the 617, of course I got it back in the Bell Atlantic days when the area codes were 617/508/413. Hell, 508 had just come out a year or so earlier.

Back
Top Bottom