Hello? GOAL? Are you there?

So the last rally was nice, but we need more, lots more. GOAL is good but they always slide away after something like this. The sticky at the top of the page has a rally with a date that is 2 days old. There should be another one planned NOW. GOAL has the email member lists, we are looking for some sort organization to help here. I know lots of people that check their facebook page.

How about something a little further out before people stop being angry about this. I fear this will all just drift away like it always does in this state. Where is the next rally? Seriously this needs to happen.

Agree'd. Need to build momentum. Preferably with more than a couple of days to prepare.

I will volunteer my time to assist Goal in preparation.

I also think that the clubs need to step it up and volunteer some of their time and resources, as well.

Otherwise, the effort was not much more than a fund raising event.

Something I just learned the other day is that GOAL consists of exactly 5 people. (If what I read was accurate)That's it.

We as gun owners expect them to do a lot of the heavy lifting for us and they do a great job. Im sure they wouldnt say no to people offering to pitch in and lend a hand.

Something I just learned the other day is that GOAL consists of exactly 5 people. (If what I read was accurate)That's it.

We as gun owners expect them to do a lot of the heavy lifting for us and they do a great job. Im sure they wouldnt say no to people offering to pitch in and lend a hand.

Then they need to come on this site and tell us what they need help with. Not everyone uses facebook, not everyone uses twitter, not everyone uses email, they need to be everywhere we are.

It is totally understandable to need help, but this is all I ever see, someone gets on and tells us how small the staff is and how its amazing they get done what they do. So REACH OUT TO THE DAMN COMMUNITY and ask for help. Instead we get nothing except the next 20 posts will tell me to donate to GOAL so they can do whatever or how I should be in their shoes or something. Well I can't because I have never actually seen them instruct us on how to help them. Bringing kids to shoots isn't going to fix our problems NOW. It doesn't take a lot of effort to send an email to your email list or even post on this forum or facebook or whatever.

They can reach out and ask people to write an email for them, give some points they want made and just proof-read it at the end to make sure it says what GOAL wants it to say. I know there are talented people on here who can write a well-written message. GOAL can have the final say. There are many things that can be done, but I already feel like this is going to be washed away.

I agree, we can't stop now. Who knows a good place for another rally? Start having one every weekend. Keep contacting our reps, hammer the news outlets. Every club should do a small part. I'm all for helping GOAL and Comm2A as much as possible. Ask your club for an emergency meeting and discuss options of how to help.

Then they need to come on this site and tell us what they need help with. Not everyone uses facebook, not everyone uses twitter, not everyone uses email, they need to be everywhere we are.

It is totally understandable to need help, but this is all I ever see, someone gets on and tells us how small the staff is and how its amazing they get done what they do. So REACH OUT TO THE DAMN COMMUNITY and ask for help. Instead we get nothing except the next 20 posts will tell me to donate to GOAL so they can do whatever or how I should be in their shoes or something. Well I can't because I have never actually seen them instruct us on how to help them. Bringing kids to shoots isn't going to fix our problems NOW. It doesn't take a lot of effort to send an email to your email list or even post on this forum or facebook or whatever.

They can reach out and ask people to write an email for them, give some points they want made and just proof-read it at the end to make sure it says what GOAL wants it to say. I know there are talented people on here who can write a well-written message. GOAL can have the final say. There are many things that can be done, but I already feel like this is going to be washed away.

Have you tried calling them and asking them how you could best help? Have you asked them how you can help reach out to the community?

In a situation like this I would assume that 5 people, trying to manage and coordinate not only public showings with members but also communication with like minded politicians and strategizing how to deal with media to give a clear/untwistable message is a huge undertaking and every public post is a de facto public statement that someone can run off and use for or against them.

Maybe give them a little bit of time to rev up on a Monday morning, a little time to talk to reps and senators who might have wanted to talk to them after Saturday, possibly some calls with national organizations about how they can help, and then give them a call in the afternoon to see what you can do to help. In any effort the last people to know about it are the general members/public because everyone who is a known/dependable contributor needs to understand and be working in the desired direction before they can start herding the mass of people who are interested now but may lose momentum quickly if there isn't a clear direction.

Here is my problem with the NRA and Goal they both should have organized to have buses waiting to pick people up at every gun glub in mass to take them into boston and return them, they knew turn out would be lower if they relied on people to get themselves into the city. this is why i get pissed with all gun orgs. if your going to call for a rally take a lesson from the dems and plan the whole rally not just the time. you need people for a rally so you need to figure out how to get people to the rally. i would have been thrilled to take a buss and pay for it too i could have gotten more people to come with me too.

Last edited:
I'd like to see them compile a comprehensive list of interpretive and enforcement related questions to present to the AG's office. In a world where we must assume the worst case scenario we need to settle for nothing less than written, crystal clear answers to all of our questions. That seems like an appropriate thing for GOAL to coordinate.

We can't fight what we don't completely understand.

Last edited:

Sadly, I feel the same. GOAL can reach out at any time and probably receive more help than they need.
Unless there's reasons of which I'm not aware; I'm not super excited they advised to leave possibly affected firearms at home. <-weak.

Calls will continue from my house today, again, to all my reps and the Public Safety and Homeland Security commission.

She made fools of them all. Bypassed their authority. Demand removal from office.

I would say that five people is about right in order for GOAL to operate a lean efficient operation. Fit and trim is exactly what they should be but that will require us to be continuously involved in the advocacy. The majority of the NRA's ills are due to its large size creating bureaucracy and sloth.
The problem is on our side where we need to realize they cannot be a full service operation unless we dig real deep into our cheapskate pockets.

I would say that five people is about right in order for GOAL to operate a lean efficient operation. Fit and trim is exactly what they should be but that will require us to be continuously involved in the advocacy. The majority of the NRA's ills are due to its large size creating bureaucracy and sloth.
The problem is on our side where we need to realize they cannot be a full service operation unless we dig real deep into our cheapskate pockets.

Thats a good point, I dont want them to turn into a huge, bloated organization thats jetting off to Fiji for a conference every few months. People want to sit back and expect GOAL to do everything like theyre the NRA.

They can be a small, accessable organization that needs us to do our share of the work or they can be a huge bureaucracy-like org that ends up inevitably wasteful and in bed with the enemy, but we can sit back and watch them do the work. Cant have it both ways.

I'd like to see them compile a comprehensive list or interpretive and enforcement related questions to present to the AG's office. In a world where we must assume the worst case scenario we need to settle for nothing less than written, crystal clear answers to all of our questions. That seems like an appropriate thing for GOAL to coordinate.

We can't fight what we don't completely understand.

No offense intended, but this is a totally servile reaction to what's been going on.

GOAL needs to use this AG crapshow to blow the whole lid off the stupidity of the AWB. Show how pointless it has been...after all, we've been owning AWs (new-definition) for the last 20 years and Mass. hasn't been living a bloodbath. Stop gov overreach and incremental gun control as a tactic of the antis. Push back and reclaim some territory. Or at least ACT LIKE WE WILL SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS. Look at the way other interest-groups operate...do they have one rally and then go home? No, they act like their victory is inevitable. We will not comply. I'm tired of the "half the cake" analogy.

And as a side-effect in this current battle, the longer we gun-owners are felons-in-waiting, the more power we have at the table. Once we settle on a "clarification" of the orderly disposal of our rights and our ARs, our power surge is over, gone.

No one is asking them to be the NRA. I'm asking them to reach out to their community and tell us how to help. This isn't just about me, this is about all of us.

Maybe it's time for them to change, a lot of things in the gun world operate how things have always operated. Perhaps goal needs some young blood to help put them out there in a way that works here in 2016. So much of the gun world operates like its 1986 still and it's hurting us.

I do think the community needs instructions. We are not a community with many regular protestors (I suspect). Until we become practiced at protest guidance is important.

We also need much better signs being made. The handwritten sign crap needs to go.

I do think the community needs instructions. We are not a community with many regular protestors (I suspect). Until we become practiced at protest guidance is important.

We also need much better signs being made. The handwritten sign crap needs to go.

Exactly. We aren't practiced in this kind of thing, and haven't needed to be for nearly 250 years. Even the federal ban was not this sweeping.

GOAL needs to use this AG crapshow to blow the whole lid off the stupidity of the AWB. Show how pointless it has been...after all, we've been owning AWs (new-definition) for the last 20 years and Mass. hasn't been living a bloodbath.

And as a side-effect in this current battle, the longer we gun-owners are felons-in-waiting, the more power we have at the table.

GOAL needs to be very, very careful how they move forward on this. Pointing out that the AWB is pointless because the firearms are fundamentally the same is ****ing retarded. The media is training people that "assault weapons" are evil, scary and used by all mass shooters. If more of the anti-gunners realize that the restrictions within the AWB are essentially meaningless, then expect for them to try to shove some crap through on a national level that will mirror what our own AG did. While I, and almost everyone else on this board, realize that "assault weapons", neutered or otherwise, are not the issue here, the average person doesn't.

Not sure where you got that "the longer we gun-owners are felons-in-waiting, the more power we have at the table."

I think that heil healey sign should be modified to say this and then be posted next to this.... done up professionally that would look great. If someone can Photoshop her face onto this I will go out and have a few made up for the next rally.

if you can do it pm me for my e-mail...

crop this picture and add a mustache and I think we have a winner...maybe leave Baker in there but get rid of the American Flag.

20150122_060944_healey_500.jpg

hitler-300x216.jpg

Last edited:
I was at the rally. The problem isn't GOAL. The problem is our neighbors. I spoke to several of my neighbors and acquaintances on Sunday. None of them knew anything about the AG's actions, or the rally. The vast majority support the idea of banning AR-15s, so you will probably find that the decision of the AG is popular.

The way our government works now is by "pen and phone," meaning Constitutional office holders make their own decisions, without regard to the Constitution, based on whatever they think will get them popular points. In this case, the mob favors more gun control, so the AG is probably safe. The mob (your neighbors), do not understand, nor do the care, about what constitutions a representative republic like ours. They do not understand, nor do they care, that rights aren't up for a vote. They DO think it is OK to vote on rights.

So if you think you can convince millions of moonbats in Massachusetts to stop being moonbats, you have a shot at winning this. Good luck on that.

Last edited:
No offense intended, but this is a totally servile reaction to what's been going on.

GOAL needs to use this AG crapshow to blow the whole lid off the stupidity of the AWB. Show how pointless it has been...after all, we've been owning AWs (new-definition) for the last 20 years and Mass. hasn't been living a bloodbath. Stop gov overreach and incremental gun control as a tactic of the antis. Push back and reclaim some territory. Or at least ACT LIKE WE WILL SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS. Look at the way other interest-groups operate...do they have one rally and then go home? No, they act like their victory is inevitable. We will not comply. I'm tired of the "half the cake" analogy.

And as a side-effect in this current battle, the longer we gun-owners are felons-in-waiting, the more power we have at the table. Once we settle on a "clarification" of the orderly disposal of our rights and our ARs, our power surge is over, gone.

2 things:

With respect to the new rules, I think she's putting one thing down in writing and saying another, more expansive and aggressive thing when she talks about it. We need to pin her down and make her tell us what the actual new rules are, in writing. If she says that all semi rifles are illegal to own and take to the range then I think she and it get slapped down in court. i think she knows that, and I think her written directives are not as expansive as what she's saying off the cuff. Clarity at this point can only help, and it can be demanded without conceding the legitimacy of her acts.

I would rather know the law and plan accordingly than either live in a state of fear, over-obeying, or defy it without knowing where the various lines are. Pretending it didn't happen doesn't seem like a good strategy.

The legislature will not be repealing the awb.

Last edited:
i think she knows that, and I think her written directives are not as expansive as what she's saying off the cuff.

Have you read her written directive, yet? It's pretty goddamn expansive. Actually far more than what she's saying out loud, though her press conference Q&A session got scary as shit when she started saying, "at this time," a lot.

You guys and your rallies. Seriously, when did protesting change a thing for gun owners? You hold a sign in the air and chant some cheap one liner, someone grabs a mic and preaches to the choir, and everybody goes home afterwards with a false sense of accomplishment. I know you guy don't want to hear it because it actually is scary, but here it is: THE SOAP, JURY AND BALLOT BOXES HAVE FAILED YOU IN THE FACE OF TYRANNY. Only one box left. Stop wasting your time trying to change minds that can't be changed, and start meeting with close like minded friends. Spend a day at the range together to improve your marksmanship.

GOAL is most certainly 'there' and I think that the rally and subsequent fallout demonstrate that. However, the power of GOAL is the membership. GOAL is relevant because their membership is made up of voters, voters who let their elected officials know what's important to them.

GOAL's success is based upon two things: 1) membership & 2) constituent engagement. An organization with X members is less compelling than an organization with 2X or 3X members. Numbers speak for themselves. But that's not enough. GOAL is successful if the phones ring and the inboxes fill up on Beacon Hill.

So, if you want GOAL to be 'there', do the following:

1) Join. Then sign up your spouse, parents, children, neighbors, etc.
2) Call or write. If you're not pinging you state reps on a regular basis, you're not doing your job and you're undermining GOAL's influence.

So the last rally was nice, but we need more, lots more. GOAL is good but they always slide away after something like this. The sticky at the top of the page has a rally with a date that is 2 days old. There should be another one planned NOW. GOAL has the email member lists, we are looking for some sort organization to help here. I know lots of people that check their facebook page.

How about something a little further out before people stop being angry about this. I fear this will all just drift away like it always does in this state. Where is the next rally? Seriously this needs to happen.
Maybe if more than 10% or so of the state's gun owners paid membership dues, they could do more....

So much of MA operates on the good ole boy network, and so many of you accept mediocrity. I don't want to PRIVATELY talk to GOAL about what they are doing. I want them to PUBLICLY come talk to us. This is actually a time when we need them to organize/protest/rally. Not just a couple short speeches and disappear for 3 years until the next wave of crap comes. Stupid online petitions are useless and do nothing.

An organization that is supposed to be for the community should actually engage all aspects of its community, right?

Maybe if more than 10% or so of the state's gun owners paid membership dues, they could do more....

I will pay in full memberships for all 5 staff members of GOAL to NES so they can update and engage us more frequently. Give me the next thing to help with.

GOAL is most certainly 'there' and I think that the rally and subsequent fallout demonstrate that. However, the power of GOAL is the membership. GOAL is relevant because their membership is made up of voters, voters who let their elected officials know what's important to them.

GOAL's success is based upon two things: 1) membership & 2) constituent engagement. An organization with X members is less compelling than an organization with 2X or 3X members. Numbers speak for themselves. But that's not enough. GOAL is successful if the phones ring and the inboxes fill up on Beacon Hill.

So, if you want GOAL to be 'there', do the following:

1) Join. Then sign up your spouse, parents, children, neighbors, etc.
2) Call or write. If you're not pinging you state reps on a regular basis, you're not doing your job and you're undermining GOAL's influence.

Just ate my own dog food. Later today I'll tell my wife that she's a member of GOAL!

I will pay in full memberships for all 5 staff members of GOAL to NES so they can update and engage us more frequently. Give me the next thing to help with.
Get five people on here to pay up?

They have what, 16,000 members? Needs to be a lot bigger number to be taken seriously by legislators.

No one is asking them to be the NRA. I'm asking them to reach out to their community and tell us how to help. This isn't just about me, this is about all of us.

Maybe it's time for them to change, a lot of things in the gun world operate how things have always operated. Perhaps goal needs some young blood to help put them out there in a way that works here in 2016. So much of the gun world operates like its 1986 still and it's hurting us.

GOAL should not have to reach out!!!! We should be looking for what we can to to help, look at Facebook and Twitter if need be. Step and try to help!!! Do not relay on the five guys at GOAL to seek help. Be proactive and figure out how to help.

Back
Top Bottom