Hello? GOAL? Are you there?

Just went on the website to sign up everyone I know and pay for their memberships. How do I sign up other people? The system seems to only accept the payer as the recipient of the membership. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Anyone else able to do this?

Have you read her written directive, yet? It's pretty goddamn expansive. Actually far more than what she's saying out loud, though her press conference Q&A session got scary as shit when she started saying, "at this time," a lot.

I don't think that's true where the pre7/20 stuff is concerned. She has an explicit exclusion to the directive built in for those. I bet her office will take the position that none of it applies to pre7/20 guns if the alternative is the whole thing getting thrown out. The law doesn't view retroactive applicability of stuff very favorably, which is why so many changes of law come with grandfathering clauses. Here, she couldn't include a grandfathering clause because she didn't create a new law, she reinterpreted existing law. She doesn't have the authority to grandfather, so what we ended up with is her clear discomfort and confusion on a topic critical to the failure or success of what she tried to do.

Again, I think she backs down on having it apply at all to pre 7/20 guns if she gets challenged on it. After all, that's what the language of the directive says.

Last edited:
Maybe if more than 10% or so of the state's gun owners paid membership dues, they could do more....

1) Conversely, if Goal were to better engage (and also utilize the potential resources of NES), would they see > 10% ?

2) Some are asking of Goal, what's next? And when?
3) Is Goal the defacto tip of the spear?
4) They took the lead role in organizing the Saturday rally. Are they going to continue to organize these?
5) What are their plans? Do they have a plan? Do we mill around asking these questions without resolution and for how long?
6) How do we, the community, members, and potential members contribute beyond the "give them money" rhetoric (from the mouths of the lead organizing group be it Goal or some other organization).

They've already stated they are only five individuals. Does this mean they, as political lobbyists, are currently overwhelmed? Goal, where do you need the feet to relieve some of the burden? Man the telephones, printed materials, get coffee? What?

Please Goal folk, don't get me wrong. What they are doing and have been doing is great. They need to continue their efforts. But, if this is going to the next level I think we need to see this stepped up. That might mean bringing in NES volunteers, training them, and then executing a plan. Simply saying "give them money" answers few if any of these questions.

For instance, some took on the task of bringing a bulk amount of water to the rally. That's a phenomenal act of foresight and leadership. Some brought pamphlets and other materials to distribute. All acts for the good and, in my mind, a better example of gelling a movement than listening to political bluster. But this will will work much better if a coordinating body was organizing or delegating some of the minutia. Because, next time it might be "oh, I thought Joe was bringing the water".

Here is my problem with the NRA and Goal they both should have organized to have buses waiting to pick people up at every gun glub in mass to take them into boston and return them, they knew turn out would be lower if they relyed on people to get themselves into the city. this is why i get pissed with all gun orgs. if your going to call for a rally take a lesson from the dems and plan the whole rally not just the time. you need people for a rally so you need to figure out how to get people to the rally. i would have been thrilled to take a buss and pay for it too i could have gotten more people to with me too.

I should've provided bag lunches too !

cdaceca1fae57bf176b9554f638b1c2530b5bf7406c50f31b12afadfc5e6dfc2.jpg

GOAL should not have to reach out!!!! We should be looking for what we can to to help, look at Facebook and Twitter if need be. Step and try to help!!! Do not relay on the five guys at GOAL to seek help. Be proactive and figure out how to help.

Agree. You can throw all the money you want at GOAL, and we all know they do a great job, but asking 5-10 people to organize deputize and supervise is unrealistic. I'm really disappointed in my club, and other Sportsman's clubs. I know this rally was on short notice, and the AGs actions were timed purposely with the middle of summer and with the legislature being off shortly. Sportsman clubs are not doing their part, buses should have provided to bring members at a minimal cost to each rider. Attending the rally cost me at least $25 with gas and parking, if buses were split with different clubs each member could have probably gotten off a lot cheaper and more of a presence could have been achieved, even though it was a gd turnout. We need to keep our foot on the gas. Goal, the NRA and other org are only as effective as its members that are willing to get involved, and stay involved. The AG and Governor know that this is all going to blow over shortly as usual. So what are we going to do. Hit them where it hurts the most, in the wallet and at the ballot box, continuing rally's, failure to do so and it results in the usual. This state relies on TAX REVENUE, from gas, sales tax, meal tax, alcohol tax, etc, if you live in a border town buy your gas, booze, smokes,etc some where other than MA. it all adds up. Get involved and do something. I'm speaking up at the next club meeting to express my disappointment in my clubs lack of participation, and I know I can and should do more. How about you?

I'm a member of GOAL and also wish they could do more but with 5 people their ability to do more is limited.

I've read a lot of post here from people bashing them for what they have or have not done.

If you think more should be done then get off your ass and YOU do something!

YOU set up an organization and run it to provide all the services. support. rallies that YOU feel should going on!

Organizing gun owners to do something is like herding cats! A lot of talk but limited action

For a state like Mass its a shame all you have is GOAL!

Last edited:
I should've provided bag lunches too !

cdaceca1fae57bf176b9554f638b1c2530b5bf7406c50f31b12afadfc5e6dfc2.jpg

flame all you want. organizations organize events, in this case a rally. people are wondering why more didn't show up I explained why. the dems get large turnouts because they are better organized than the right, they set up busses and signs ( in some sh*tty cases pay people) i'm not going there. I was at the event with my daughter and friend i dragged along(i filled every seat in my truck Best i could due) i was also sharing our snacks and drinks with people around us. Most gun owners are an hour plus from the event that took place if we need them at the event we need to find ways to get them there. Its going to take more than shooting out an email for a large turnout.

IIRC, Goal is down to FOUR people. Jim Wallace, Jon Green and two inside support personnel. The organization is only as good as it's members. I was on the BOD when the CT school shooting occurred and membership soared from 15,000 to 19,000, but the jump was in annual memberships. When the crisis passed, people with short memories don't send in the $35 annual fee. Again, as others have stated, the dollars are important, but the numbers are what drives the organizations. There are 320,000+ licensed firearm owners in MA; numerous times we tried different pitches to gain members...if you're willing to volunteer to help drive up membership, I'm sure Jim will be all ears. the next BoD meeting is August 11th @6:30pm

Folks, GOAL is not our enemy. I understand your emotions, but direct your ire at the AG and the spineless weasels in the State House.

GOAL is a small operation with limited abilities because they only have 20k members, most of whom are cheapskates. GOAL was blindsided on this, just like the State House. They are playing catchup.

As for being disappointed in the response from gun clubs, realize that those are run by volunteers and it is the same 5-10 people who do all the work at the club. If you think your club should be doing more, call up your club president and offer to be in charge of whatever you think they should do.

When trying to get a club to do something, going to a meeting and saying "you should do X" generally doesn't go very far. Saying "I think we should do X and I'm willing to lead the effort" gets more results.

It's up to you - VOLUNTEER!

For perspective...

There are easily three times as many employees working at Four Seasons on a given Saturday than are employees at GOAL. Think about that and then realize just how much they accomplish with such s small staff.

I would love to see hear that some of the impacted business are volunteering employees to go help GOAL and Comm2A with whatever is needed, as well as helping to fund the cost of fighting this nonsense.

I've volunteered time on the past, not for a while, but I am rearranging my work schedule to do so on a more regular basis. Even if it is stuffing envelopes or making phone calls ... just ask what they need and GO VOUNTEER a few hours of your time.

As for being disappointed in the response from gun clubs, realize that those are run by volunteers and it is the same 5-10 people who do all the work at the club. If you think your club should be doing more, call up your club president and offer to be in charge of whatever you think they should do.

When trying to get a club to do something, going to a meeting and saying "you should do X" generally doesn't go very far. Saying "I think we should do X and I'm willing to lead the effort" gets more results.

People would rather be cynical and throw stones and whine about what people aren't doing for them. Let the flaming begin.

For perspective...

There are easily three times as many employees working at Four Seasons on a given Saturday than are employees at GOAL. Think about that and then realize just how much they accomplish with such s small staff.

I would love to see hear that some of the impacted business are volunteering employees to go help GOAL and Comm2A with whatever is needed, as well as helping to fund the cost of fighting this nonsense.

I've volunteered time on the past, not for a while, but I am rearranging my work schedule to do so on a more regular basis. Even if it is stuffing envelopes or making phone calls ... just ask what they need and GO VOUNTEER a few hours of your time.

So all the gun shops should drop what they are doing? I'm sure many of the gun shops are in a panic deciding what they are, or need to do to support there businesses. That to me equates to doing something on all our behalves at there own expense. Give them a break.

Just went on the website to sign up everyone I know and pay for their memberships. How do I sign up other people? The system seems to only accept the payer as the recipient of the membership. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Anyone else able to do this?

Fill out their contact information, and under "Billing" information, put your own name and address and your payment method. I've done a few that way for other people

So all the gun shops should drop what they are doing? I'm sure many of the gun shops are in a panic deciding what they are, or need to do to support there businesses. That to me equates to doing something on all our behalves at there own expense. Give them a break.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said they should drop everything. I would like to hear that business are also stepping up to help since they typically have some very knowledgable people who could be of great assistance.

When I owned a small business many years ago I would sometimes have an employee or two go do something for the town or a charity if they needed help. Small cost in the grand scheme to support a good cause and do our part.

Last edited:
I was at the rally. The problem isn't GOAL. The problem is our neighbors. I spoke to several of my neighbors and acquaintances on Sunday. None of them knew anything about the AG's actions, or the rally. The vast majority support the idea of banning AR-15s, so you will probably find that the decision of the AG is popular.

The way our government works now is by "pen and phone," meaning Constitutional office holders make their own decisions, without regard to the Constitution, based on whatever they think will get them popular points. In this case, the mob favors more gun control, so the AG is probably safe. The mob (your neighbors), do not understand, nor do the care, about what constitutions a representative republic like ours. They do not understand, nor do they care, that rights aren't up for a vote. They DO think it is OK to vote on rights.

So if you think you can convince millions of moonbats in Massachusetts to stop being moonbats, you have a shot at winning this. Good luck on that.

Just reading this thread, and by far, this is the most accurate post!

You don't want to preach to the choir. What you want to do is educate the the masses. Right now they don't know what a semi automatic is. And how in effective the cosmetics are (folding stock, etc.).

So as long as the antis control the press and convince the majority of the voters that these ARs are the horrible things, the AG can take the liberties she wants because no one will oppose her.

EDUCATE THE MASSES! THAT IS THE MISSION. Most of the people are NOT antis, they just don't know. It is the masses that vote, and that that is what the pols pander to.

Someone just contacted me and stated GOAL membership is 5% of the state's gun owners.

Probably close to NES paid vs free membership. Everyone wants the benefit of what the service provides us all, but only a handful will actually give up a few cups of Starbucks and cough up a few bucks to help the service be all it can be. Imagine what GOAL could do if only 10% of gun owners were members?

Making noise then going silent is the OPs assertion.

I don't think anyone said Goal is the enemy in this thread nor are they attacking/bashing them. From my perspective, the conversation is quite the opposite and should be considered constructively. It's understood, they (Goal) have a lot going on. It's understood they have a small staff and difficult matters to consider. It's understood that they probably need a vacation. But, the potential community is large. Goal could leverage this. This is their moment to shine. There are lots of people listening. Perhaps, more memberships and contributions waiting in the wind. But the idea that the only way to help the cause is to drive membership numbers might not be the best strategy this day and age. How do you keep those people listening? Communication.

Along that line, I'm thinking that there are plenty here that will contribute time, resources, and/or money. If all Goal is seeking is memberships, then they (that is Goal) should communicate that. If they are seeking volunteers, then they need to communicate that. If they wish to delegate against a plan, ask for help. If they think they can manage the current situation with the staff on hand, ok. Tell us that. Then, what is the plan going forward? Even a "we don't know" is better than silence at this moment. A statement "we'll issue an update in a week", even better.

Again, I don't see anything in the thread that is bashing. It's called debate. It can be constructive.

If you're a member of GOAL, you are GOAL. Let's turn "They should..." into "I will...".
Here's GOAL's contact info. Let us know what you're helping with when you contact them to volunteer so we can help too:

Address: 361 W. Main St, Northborough MA. 01532
Telephone: 508-393-5333
Fax: 508-393-5222
[email protected]
http://www.goal.org/
http://www.twitter.com/goalupdate
https://www.facebook.com/GunOwnersActionLeague
https://plus.google.com/
http://www.goal.org/contactus.html

This.

If you think GOAL should be reaching out to volunteers, then pick up the phone, call GOAL and ask them how you can help.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said they should drop everything. I would like to hear that business are also stepping up to help since they typically have some very knowledgable people who could be of great assistance.

When I owned a small business many years ago I would sometimes have an employee or two go do something for the town or a charity if they needed help. Small cost in the grand scheme to support a good cause and do our part.

Ya. [thinking] Did not need to put words in your mouth, you implied it, Worry about what you can control. let others worry about there own business.

Opinion's may vary. [cheers]

Last edited:
Here is my problem with the NRA and Goal they both should have organized to have buses waiting to pick people up at every gun glub in mass to take them into boston and return them, they knew turn out would be lower if they relied on people to get themselves into the city. this is why i get pissed with all gun orgs. if your going to call for a rally take a lesson from the dems and plan the whole rally not just the time. you need people for a rally so you need to figure out how to get people to the rally. i would have been thrilled to take a buss and pay for it too i could have gotten more people to come with me too.

I bet if you told folks that you rented a bus and it would cost X dollars and it would leave at X and return at Y, you would still be waiting for people to meet you.

I bet if you told folks that you rented a bus and it would cost X dollars and it would leave at X and return at Y, you would still be waiting for people to meet you.

you could be right so lets just give up on organizing large groups of gun owners to march on the state house. this is where my contributions to orgs like the NRA piss me off they could have stepped up and help us organize better, but no keep sending them our checks is all the help we are going to get. I'm getting really fustrated because i am fairly sure this directive is going to stick and stay.

you could be right so lets just give up on organizing large groups of gun owners to march on the state house. this is where my contributions to orgs like the NRA piss me off they could have stepped up and help us organize better, but no keep sending them our checks is all the help we are going to get. I'm getting really fustrated because i am fairly sure this directive is going to stick and stay.

I am frustrated too, but I think one of the undeniable things that needs to be done is to get more people to join the fight against Maura Healey. I am sure lots of gun owners don't use the forum and don't get GOAL's emails so growing the numbers that are engaged and are hearing the call when we need people to get out and show their objection.

http:\\fight.maurahealey.org

http:\\sue.maurahealey.org

Back
Top Bottom