• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heckler & Koch back in Massachusetts

mbz4ever

Dealer
NES Member
Yesterday i talked to MA dealer and he told me that HK coming to Mass with many models MA compliant.
I hope it will happen.
Did anyone heard of this?

Yesterday i talked to MA dealer and he told me that HK coming to Mass with many models MA compliant.
I hope it will happen.

I hope it's true but I'll believe it when I see it.

That said, the HK45 and P30 should meet all of the ridiculous MA regs. The DA/SA versions have a 10LB pull on DA (or damn close) , loaded chamber indicator, thumb safety and I think the serial number repeated in the appropriate places. The only problem might be that the loaded chamber indicator is a kind of a lame effort. The extractor has red paint on the top and that's more visible when a round is chambered.

I hope it's true but I'll believe it when I see it.

That said, the HK45 and P30 should meet all of the ridiculous MA regs. The DA/SA versions have a 10LB pull on DA (or damn close) , loaded chamber indicator, thumb safety and I think the serial number repeated in the appropriate places. The only problem might be that the loaded chamber indicator is a kind of a lame effort. The extractor has red paint on the top and that's more visible when a round is chambered.

It works for Beretta...

OP: Don't hold your breath.

I hope it will happen.

[rofl]

I'll believe that right about the time pigs start making regularly scheduled takeoffs and landings at Logan.

-Mike

It would be great if true.

You'd think they'd want to be in the mix, at least for law enforcement contracts (if not already exempted for LE).

Just curious, was it a dealer with a brick and mortar store who might know, or a kitchen table FFL who heard it from a friend who read it on the internet?

I hope it will happen.

I just got a letter from their marketing Dept this evening.

In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.

Buy our stuff.

Sincerely

HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

J/K it's a repost, but still, I couldn't resist.

The letter is so true, however we at Remsport have two HK 93 clones (5.56 w/16.25" barrels, Centry lower trigger groups comes with two 40 round pre-ban magazines) Made to be Mass OK no bayonet lug or flash hider muzzle brake installled pinned and welded.
Priced to sell at $1045.00
Call we only have two.
413 579 1994

Yeah, I e-mailed HK last year about bringing the P30's to MA. They told me they intended to and were "working on it". I bought a used USP a couple weeks ago, couldn't hold my breath any more.

I was told at the 2006 IACP Convention in Boston that H&K was going to get their guns certified for MA. Never happened, I think that there is 1 or 2 on the EOPS List but that's it.

Due to the AG BS, I seriously doubt that they will bother.

As for "department" purchases, they can buy ANYTHING they want and can AFFORD (H&K probably fails this criteria for handguns), it doesn't need to be on any lists or pass any AG BS. For individual officers to purchase (legally) it needs to be on the EOPS List (and the AG BS is not applicable).

And sales reps for any company would be the last to know if "something is going to happen" . . . they are usually only told when it does happen, and not a second before (so they can't make promises that can't be kept).

Ah, H&K. I remember it taking 5 weeks and multiple phone calls just to get a spring out of them.

The original:
H%26K+ad.jpg

An homage to the original:
hkfail9154.jpg

Last edited:
SOOO glad I don't have to put up with such idotic laws lke those in the Commonwealth. I can and have freely purchased normal priced HK pistols time and time and time again. 5 or 6 Times actually. :)

Ah, H&K. I remember spending it taking 5 weeks and multiple phone calls just to get a spring out of them.

Consider yourself lucky . . . they were sending me new sights for my USP 45c since March 1999 and I have yet to receive them. [shocked]

I no longer care, but it does show that they take customer service to a "new level" (lower than whale poop)!

The letter is so true, however we at Remsport have two HK 93 clones (5.56 w/16.25" barrels, Centry lower trigger groups comes with two 40 round pre-ban magazines) Made to be Mass OK no bayonet lug or flash hider muzzle brake installled pinned and welded.
Priced to sell at $1045.00
Call we only have two.
413 579 1994

Yes, but your guns are "commie garbage" and you won't bitch slap me when I ask a question or need help. It's just not same UBER-ness as H UND K. -Because after all, you don't think we suck and you don't hate us:p

Nice price though. Sounds like a great deal.

All this talk about HK...

Even if I had the most uber H UND K, it would suck not to have great customer service.

Everyone know I love Glocks but I would stand to do better in the long run to have a Glock or S&W M&P before an HK. They just have great customer service.

Same with Remsport- I like them because the customer service is great.

I was told at the 2006 IACP Convention in Boston that H&K was going to get their guns certified for MA. Never happened, I think that there is 1 or 2 on the EOPS List but that's it.

Due to the AG BS, I seriously doubt that they will bother.

As for "department" purchases, they can buy ANYTHING they want and can AFFORD (H&K probably fails this criteria for handguns), it doesn't need to be on any lists or pass any AG BS. For individual officers to purchase (legally) it needs to be on the EOPS List (and the AG BS is not applicable).

And sales reps for any company would be the last to know if "something is going to happen" . . . they are usually only told when it does happen, and not a second before (so they can't make promises that can't be kept).

I thought LEO in MA were required to buy from the EOPS list. Is that incorrect?

Anyway, so far I'm very impressed with my HK45. I hope it never breaks but in the meantime, it's a hit.

Bash all you want. Worth every penny I paid for every one. I will continue to buy them over anything.

I thought LEO in MA were required to buy from the EOPS list. Is that incorrect?

Individuals, yes, departmental... no.... departments in MA can buy whatever they want. Formalized PD orders are fully exempt.

-Mike

H&Ks don't need servicing [wink]

Their CS sucks but this is the one upside... you'll probably never need it. Over a number of guns I've only ever had one that was down because I had a sear spring failure. That part was a bitch to get- I had to resort to a non-HK source for it, too.

-Mike

Their CS sucks but this is the one upside... you'll probably never need it. Over a number of guns I've only ever had one that was down because I had a sear spring failure. That part was a bitch to get- I had to resort to a non-HK source for it, too.

-Mike

Yeah, Honda and Toyota have some of the worst dealers of all brands but there's a reason people keep buying (the latest Toyota debacle notwithstanding).

H&Ks don't need servicing [wink]

I've never bought a brand new gun that DID need servicing except on that had been in someone's closet for 27 years.

A dozen semi-autos and several rifles and none of them have failed me in any way.

I would not say the same of all used guns I've had, and I don't think HK can either, no matter how good the product may be.

And eventually, even with the finest new gun, moving parts break or wear out or need adjustment. -Period.

Back
Top Bottom