Heckler & Koch back in Massachusetts

I've never bought a brand new gun that DID need servicing except on that had been in someone's closet for 27 years.

A dozen semi-autos and several rifles and none of them have failed me in any way.

I would not say the same of all used guns I've had, and I don't think HK can either, no matter how good the product may be.

And eventually, even with the finest new gun, moving parts break or wear out or need adjustment. -Period.

It was somewhat of a sarcastic remark...though H&K is known for making extremely reliable firearms..

I would love to buy a P30 someday. I don't really think HK will waste their time. I did find one HK P30 for sale in MA on this board a few months ago. It was $1200. I almost grabbed it but I couldn't justify spending $1200 on a full size gun i'll probably never carry because it is full size. I also didn't want a full size gun that I could only carry 10rds in. I was able to find the 10rd mags online though.

Heckler & Koch is very interested in having mass compliant guns for sale. The only reason they have not is the confusion of Mass laws. It is currently being worked on. I have been told there are 9 models in the works.
They include - USP pistols in .40 cal, P2000 & P2000SK in .357, HK45 & HK45C and a few variations of the P30.
This is quite refreshing to hear of a manufacturer who actually wants to sell guns in our state.
If we want more - we have to strongly support manufacturers that take a chance on our state.
We need to buy more than what they would expect from a state of 6.5 million people. If we do - more manufacturers will follow. Massachusetts is small enough to be ignored. But when the gun frenzy slows down - companies may reconsider us if they see we actually buy guns.
The day they hit – I’m picking up a P30

Heckler & Koch is very interested in having mass compliant guns for sale. The only reason they have not is the confusion of Mass laws. It is currently being worked on. I have been told there are 9 models in the works.

Please see my response #16 in this thread. H&K has been humming this tune since at least 2006, with no visible results.

I'll believe it when I see it.

They include - USP pistols in .40 cal, P2000 & P2000SK in .357, HK45 & HK45C and a few variations of the P30.
This is quite refreshing to hear of a manufacturer who actually wants to sell guns in our state.
If we want more - we have to strongly support manufacturers that take a chance on our state.
We need to buy more than what they would expect from a state of 6.5 million people. If we do - more manufacturers will follow. Massachusetts is small enough to be ignored. But when the gun frenzy slows down - companies may reconsider us if they see we actually buy guns.
The day they hit – I’m picking up a P30

[rofl]

As Len states, I'll believe it when I see it. HK hasn't even declared the few guns they have "AG ok" I have no reason to believe that any of this will change.

You should just start looking for a P30 now, on the secondary market. I guarantee you will probably find one
long before HK formally approves anything in MA. [laugh]

-Mike

The original:
H%26K+ad.jpg

"Hey, let's give a photographer who knows nothing about how guns work some guns, magazines and bullets to take pictures for our ads. What could possibly go wrong?"

We need to buy more than what they would expect from a state of 6.5 million people. If we do - more manufacturers will follow.

IMO, your efforts would be much better spent fighting to have the BS AG list and EOPS list of approved pistols repealed. Begging manufacturer's to comply with arbitrary and unconstitutional BS is wasted effort, even if you get the gun you were begging for.

IMO, your efforts would be much better spent fighting to have the BS AG list and EOPS list of approved pistols repealed. Begging manufacturer's to comply with arbitrary and unconstitutional BS is wasted effort, even if you get the gun you were begging for.

Yeah, but one has a possibility of success... the other really requires turning the bluest of states into a red state.

Yeah, but one has a possibility of success... the other really requires turning the bluest of states into a red state.

I know both are uphill battles, some more than others. The way I see it, one effort consists of trying to bail water out of the boat, the other is trying to stop the leak.

Want to give a hint as to the dealer so we can start getting in line now? I don't need to be the first person in line....just ahead of Ted. :)

And I assume that by "approved for sale in MA" we are talking about th H&Ks which are now currently (and have been) on the EOPS list would be approved by Martha. In which case we're only talking about the USP and P2000.

HK sales reps have already been in contact with at least one major MA dealer and a very large order has been placed. They will be approved for sale very soon.

Want to give a hint as to the dealer so we can start getting in line now? I don't need to be the first person in line....just ahead of Ted. :)

And I assume that by "approved for sale in MA" we are talking about th H&Ks which are now currently (and have been) on the EOPS list would be approved by Martha. In which case we're only talking about the USP and P2000.
No assuming on your part is necessary.

Martha has nothing to do with the EOPS lab tested of target list. If the gun is not on either list, it's a criminal offense for a purveyor of firearms (dealer) to sell one to a non-dealer. The AG non-list is a separate filter and no amount of AG approval (not tha the AG gives any approval) can make the dealer sale of a new gun not on one of the lists legal in MA.

My apologies for wasting the time of the 95% or more of those on the forum who already knew this :)

Perhaps I stated my question poorly Rob.
I believe there are currenntly the USP and P2000 / P2000sk on the EOPs list, they are not available for sale because they don't meet Martha's standards. I'm wondering if the current speculation is that those two EOPs listed firearms would now be blessed by Martha and hence able to be sold by MA dealers. OR is the scuttlebut that EOPs will have new and additional H&Ks added to the EOPs list...which really doesn't do anyone any good where the AG's office has deemed them not to have passed their subjective list of requirements.

No assuming on your part is necessary.

Martha has nothing to do with the EOPS lab tested of target list. If the gun is not on either list, it's a criminal offense for a purveyor of firearms (dealer) to sell one to a non-dealer. The AG non-list is a separate filter and no amount of AG approval (not tha the AG gives any approval) can make the dealer sale of a new gun not on one of the lists legal in MA.

My apologies for wasting the time of the 95% or more of those on the forum who already knew this :)

People seem to have a hard time grasping this concept, let's try again . . .

Martha NEVER blesses anything . . . she only CONDEMNS (with fines, cease & desist orders and lawsuits) that which she decides she doesn't like. [And prior AGs did the same, future ones will predictably do no different.]

It's the mfr that makes the bold statement that "our model xyz meets the AG's Regs" and starts selling them (assuming they are already on the EOPS List). Most mfrs' legal departments aren't willing to do that with no guidance, thus they don't bother to even try.

HK sales reps have already been in contact with at least one major MA dealer and a very large order has been placed. They will be approved for sale very soon.

I don't see what is so special about that. MA FFLs stock HKs all the time. They just don't sell them to us.

Having been able to recently get some play-time with the P2000/2000sk, P30, and HK45, I think HK could make a nice little profit in Massachusetts. They all feel fantastic.

The latest word (I heard back today) is that it is 4 months out - possibly sooner.
Expected models are:
Heckler & Koch P2000 .357 Sig
Heckler & Koch P2000SK .357 Sig
Heckler & Koch USP .40 S&W
Heckler & Koch USP Comp LEM .40 S&W
HK45
HK45C
P30 9mm DA/SA and LEM
P30 L DA/SA
P30 .40 with Safety.
I'll post an update as we get closer to the date.
And I have a prediction. All of those people in this post who say they don't believe it will happen - won't buy one even when it does happen.

The latest word (I heard back today) is that it is 4 months out - possibly sooner.
Expected models are:
Heckler & Koch P2000 .357 Sig
Heckler & Koch P2000SK .357 Sig
Heckler & Koch USP .40 S&W
Heckler & Koch USP Comp LEM .40 S&W
HK45
HK45C
P30 9mm DA/SA and LEM
P30 L DA/SA
P30 .40 with Safety.
I'll post an update as we get closer to the date.
And I have a prediction. All of those people in this post who say they don't believe it will happen - won't buy one even when it does happen.

Any idea why they aren't offering the full range of calibers for each of those models?

Back
Top Bottom