• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Heckler & Koch back in Massachusetts

Is their support better for law enforcement organizations, I wonder? Maybe that's all they care about.

I would hope so.

It was too long ago to remember, but I am LE and may have mentioned it during the phone conversation. If I did, it didn't seem to matter.

I will tell you that S&W gives top priority to turn-around any LEO's gun sent for service. BTDT and have been treated superbly.

Is their support better for law enforcement organizations, I wonder? Maybe that's all they care about.
From what I've read, no. I've read posts from LEOs who waited for 6 months to get springs out of HK.

Several years back, I went to the range one day with an INS agent that I know. He brought his USPc .40 LEM issue gun, I brought my USPc .40 DA/SA. After trying the LEM trigger, I'd pass. It wasn't bad, but wasn't as good as the SA trigger on my USPc. If I was going to carry a USPc, I'd just carry it cocked and locked. YMMV.

H&K has some great deals for pilots and LEOs though. My dad is looking at getting a USPc 40 with the LEM setup as part of the program and it's only around $500.

I have bought 2 H&K compacts in the last 3 months, a 9mm and a .45 you just have to find one and do it on a ftf . There is always a few in the classifieds here.

I picked up my .45c a few weeks ago ,I absolutely love the compacts they make, best pistol I've ever owned. I bought Trijicon night sights and am going to get the LEM trigger. I think you will love it.

I have had a standing order in with HK since April of this year,I was told they would be shipping in OCT this year and still haven't had an update to when they will arrive. Being a gun dealer in Mass,I am used to the hurry up and wait from from all manufactures.

I am considering a compact .45, thoughts?

I have one. It is not very compact. The slide is huge. SA trigger is fair. DA trigger is horrific. Slide stop is large and in the right place. Mag release is overly stiff. Sights are decent. Accuracy is good. Reliable. All in all, the gun is a near miss.

Right now used turn in H&K USP 9's with 18 round mags are flooding the market at a very cheep wholesale price. It is too bad that these can not be sold by a dealer in MA.
We may buy a few to sell out of state just because of the price.
These will be hard to pass up.

Um, 2 years later and you can now buy HK USP .40 fullsize, USP compact .40 LEM, HK P2000 .357 sig, HK P2000SK .357 sig, HK P30/L 9mm, and .40.

If I could get an HK 45 LEM, I might even be interested.

Mine was a nice gun overall, although you might have trouble getting used to the reset, it's still a little bit long. I shoot my Glock 21SF a lot better though.... although I will say mag changes are faster on the HK because of the mag release position being better for smaller hands.

-Mike

Um, 2 years later and you can now buy HK USP .40 fullsize, USP compact .40 LEM, HK P2000 .357 sig, HK P2000SK .357 sig, HK P30/L 9mm, and .40.

They only offer 6 models and 2 of them have to be in .357sig. I wouldn't mind trying the 45c if they ever bring that here.

Back
Top Bottom