Healey's office considering action against those who bought & sold rifles on July 20

Well said.

Also, using terms like the "b" word, the "c" word, telling her to do the "f" word; etc. do nothing except make those uttering such diatribes, and by implication everyone on our side of the issue, look like just the type of people who should be kept away from guns and sharp objects.

Remember, even the DA trying to get someone the death penalty addresses his target with courtesy.

Well said.

Also, using terms like the "b" word, the "c" word, telling her to do the "f" word; etc. do nothing except make those uttering such diatribes, and by implication everyone on our side of the issue, look like just the type of people who should be kept away from guns and sharp objects.

Remember, even the DA trying to get someone the death penalty addresses his target with courtesy.

Right, you guys south of the border just got a knife to kidney and you're supposed to ask your attacker if they would like some jello.

Do you really think what ANYONE on this forum says about Healey is going to change the result of all this? That's just naive...

Can't say I'm surprised based on how many people have already pointed out she said "before July 20th" as the cutoff date. Even during that day everything I saw (except what the gun stores were saying) said before July 20th.

Healey's office considering action against those who bought & sold rifles on ...

Seems like you folks could use some inspiration, you know, just in case any of her cronies show up at a gun dealer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469227733.607373.jpg

Praying for swift, satisfying resolution down there.

Perhaps I took too much liberty in the phrase Gov Baker "challenging" her...in the news article it discusses his support of not pursuing charges for purchases on the 20th believing they were following the law...so IMHO it's a precursor (please don't massacre me, I'm no genius) generally someone (like the Rhino Gov) doesn't go from support to not support in one breath, but it does seem that on a second occasion he has now implied that her guidance is extremely unclear. Let's hope she continues the obviously over zealous tunnel vision and causes Baker and everyone else to continue taking a shuffle step further and further away from her. Just to be clear, I am fuming over this unjust overreach...I just want to keep my fellow gun enthusiast bros and sis's seeing some of the small victories that could add up and help our cause...when I was in combat survival school it was all about small victories...maybe I am clinging to closely to that training.

This is the reality.

Tough guy talk on the internet has moved from comical to sad. It doesn't help, and it just makes gun owners seem like petulant children sitting behind their computers spouting revenge fantasies. Pointless.

This is modern politics. First, recognize the game. The other side is a step ahead here. Healy knows the law is borderline irrelevant, and that any Mass court or jury will almost surely agree with her when an evil black rifle is right there on the table.

You don't win by being right, by threatening (or dreaming) of violence, or by venting frustration from a keyboard. In fact, you don't win period. What you do is understand how to play the game with cards you are dealt. Play never ends.

You are in Mass, surrounded by anti-gun voters and with a government that overtly hates you, as a gun owner. Accept that or move. That's step one.

Next, assuming you stay, play this game the only way you can. Find an enemy of your enemy and then goad them to action. Here and now the play is to do all possible to get power centers in Mass to be offended by the political move by the AG. Get them to move back.

Concretely, the best way to do that is probably via GOAL. I sent them $500 yesterday and likely will send them more soon. Also support Comm2A. I do that too. They will be playing a longer game, but it's likely where the bigger win can be found.

Finally, patience. Your corrupt government can move much more quickly than you can. That's the price of living in a state where gun owners are despised. Accept that or leave. Complaining won't help.

Let's start calling the AG about this and start egging her on - "You don't have the stones" - "You are going to get slapped down by the legislature anyway" - "This is going get an injunction and stay before the end of next week"

Make her take the next step. Too much?

To me, no it's not too much. I had a family member who was a severe alcoholic I knew were it was going and they wouldn't stop no matter what. I truly felt like buying a case of their favorite poison and sitting down and saying enough of this shit lets just get it over with. While I never did that I think along the same lines now.

I know where this is going to end up. Maybe not today or tomorrow or next month etc, etc but it is going there and its is picking up speed.
So I say fuc* it! Let's just cut to the chase.

I'd rather deal with this then make my son or grandkids "God willing"deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough guy talk on the internet has moved from comical to sad. It doesn't help, and it just makes gun owners seem like petulant children sitting behind their computers spouting revenge fantasies. Pointless.

This is modern politics. First, recognize the game. The other side is a step ahead here. Healy knows the law is borderline irrelevant, and that any Mass court or jury will almost surely agree with her when an evil black rifle is right there on the table.

You don't win by being right, by threatening (or dreaming) of violence, or by venting frustration from a keyboard. In fact, you don't win period. What you do is understand how to play the game with cards you are dealt. Play never ends.

You are in Mass, surrounded by anti-gun voters and with a government that overtly hates you, as a gun owner. Accept that or move. That's step one.

Next, assuming you stay, play this game the only way you can. Find an enemy of your enemy and then goad them to action. Here and now the play is to do all possible to get power centers in Mass to be offended by the political move by the AG. Get them to move back.

Concretely, the best way to do that is probably via GOAL. I sent them $500 yesterday and likely will send them more soon. Also support Comm2A. I do that too. They will be playing a longer game, but it's likely where the bigger win can be found.

Finally, patience. Your corrupt government can move much more quickly than you can. That's the price of living in a state where gun owners are despised. Accept that or leave. Complaining won't help.

Which is why the assumption we are really all gun owners or really on the side of the 2A should be rejected. Alinski covered this point well....

Just put another few wraps of Reynolds Heavy Duty on.

Not sure if this was mentioned in the other 9000 posts but perhaps our AG did this for national exposure. She's a broad, she's openly gay and she has created a shit storm of epic proportions on gun ownership. Is it possible she gets nominated to the SC?

Sorry but I partied thru that class back in the 70's so I don't know if she can get there without being a Judge first. Obviously she can get to a national level seat no problem. Obummer, Killery and may others would welcome a gay, woman, anti gun AG with open arms.

Let's start calling the AG about this and start egging her on - "You don't have the stones" - "You are going to get slapped down by the legislature anyway" - "This is going get an injunction and stay before the end of next week"

Make her take the next step. Too much?

To me, no it's not too much. I had a family member who was a severe alcoholic I knew were it was going and they wouldn't stop no matter what. I truly felt like buying a case of their favorite poison and sitting down and saying enough of this shit lets just get it over with. While I never did that I think along the same lines now.

I know where this is going to end up. Maybe not today or tomorrow or next month etc, etc but it is going there and its is picking up speed.
So I say fuc* it! Let's just cut to the chase.

I'd rather deal with this then make my son or grandkids "God willing"deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said.

Completely agree. All of this name calling and bigoted language is counterproductive.

... I know 12 year olds that could have written that more clearly. ...

This just proves what I've been saying, she doesn't want any of this to end up in the courts, where she could be challenged, this is all about scare tactics.

I'm positive she doesn't want any of the 2500 in a courtroom.

However I'm really starting to wonder if her perfect storm of ineptitude is that or something truly Machiavellian. And no, I have no idea what.

1) The barrage of ridiculous and contradictory statements just might be planned.

2) Or we could have some friendlies on her staff that are gumming up her plans.

Or I've had too much Jameson's. (Or not enough)

In fact, you don't win period.

If we're down to that, the ONLY - and I mean ONLY - solution is to move out.

Honestly, as far as A-Mass-a-Two-shits and the Constipation State are concerned, I believe this is so. Reorganize where there are more of us then Them. Leave Them in their cesspool to wallow and collapse.

Looks like she's backing down on us from Wednesday... Tho the fight is just beginning.

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns/healey-backs-down-on-threat/

Who were these heroes (quote from your linked article):

"[FONT=minionregular, Georgia, Times New Roman, sans-serif]But Healey is facing a potential dilemma. On Thursday, rifle sales dropped back to 266 in the state but more than half of those – 143 – appear to be the banned assault weapon types, although there are some exceptions. A spokeswoman said the office would be examining the sales to see if they are outside her order."[/FONT]

It seems she reconsidered

and she'll continue to reconsider based on the amount of heat she's getting and what she feels like she can get away with.

she leave open the option to 'reconsider' us all felons at any time, for whatever reason she sees fit.

this is not lawmaking, it's someone who cares less about laws

No.... she interpreted the law incorrectly such that they are breaking her fantasy version of it... unfortunately she can still prosecute based on that.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I wouldn't want to be that guy, but someone has to be a test case here.

Were you able to find any info on the ex post facto aspect?

The real question is what will everyone do when that second shot heard round the world actually happen? Who will join, who will bunker in place, who will cave. There are enough lone wolfs out there that the second shot will possibly happen. What everyone does once that shot is fired is what I doubt.

I agree and said almost the same thing a week or so ago in another thread. My guess is no one will do squat. The person will be labeled just another "nut job". Nothing to see here move along. Todays nut job may have yesteryears patriot.

Just a thought, since this whole thing happened, what sticks with me is that we all committed a crime in the purchase of these evil black guns. If I remember correctly you aren't a felon until found guilty, but if our crimes have been recorded during the initial purchase, are we guilty, and now "unfit" to be licensed? Can they use something like that (a "investigation") to deny our ltc's?

Just a thought, since this whole thing happened, what sticks with me is that we all committed a crime in the purchase of these evil black guns. If I remember correctly you aren't a felon until found guilty, but if our crimes have been recorded during the initial purchase, are we guilty, and now "unfit" to be licensed? Can they use something like that (a "investigation") to deny our ltc's?

Too much whiskey tonight?

There are nearly zero answers to any question you can possibly think of in regards to rifles in Massachusetts as of July 20th.

And that's racist, my AK isn't black! She's blonde!

My favorite part of the quote, "her order."

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? I know not what course others may take, but as for me...

No whiskey (yet), just still very new to the firearm owner lifestyle, and as much as I try to educate myself to certain aspects of this, certain stupid questions still arise. And besides, the AR I don't have would identify as a shotgun anyway...

Back
Top Bottom