Healey's office considering action against those who bought & sold rifles on July 20

A GUN-BUYING FRENZY that resulted in 2,500 assault weapons being purchased Wednesday – one-fourth the total sold all of last year – has forced Attorney General Maura Healey into threatening dealers with criminal penalties and the loss of their licenses for trying to beat her crackdown on the rifles.

According to data from the state Firearms Records Bureau, gun enthusiasts bought 2,549 rifles on Wednesday, the same day Healey announced that her office would rigidly enforce a 1998 law that prohibits the sale of specific semi-automatic guns such as AK-47s and AR-15s, as well as “copies or duplicates of the weapons.” By contrast, 132 of the guns were sold on Tuesday and just 51 on Monday. About 10,000 of the guns were sold in 2015.

The purchases were in defiance of an order issued by Healey that none of the guns could be sold in Massachusetts after Tuesday. Now Healey, whose intent was to get rid of the weapons, finds herself in the awkward position of trying to undo a run on what she has called “weapons of war” after they’ve already been sold.

Oh boy.

Because she's a **** tard and can't do proper way , she made them break the "law".

No.... she interpreted the law incorrectly such that they are breaking her fantasy version of it... unfortunately she can still prosecute based on that.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

No.... she interpreted the law incorrectly such that they are breaking her fantasy version of it... unfortunately she can still prosecute based on that.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

O I know . I was referring to get huge gap with the before 20th after the 20th blunder.

Well, now we know what she actually meant with those confusing, messed-up dates. The dealers were supposed to clear their inventory by selling OUT OF STATE in the 13 hours she gave them to get it done.

Maura Healey has no respect for us, for due process or for the law.

It's like she's trying to start a major legal battle with dozens to hundreds if not eventually thousands of people. You'd think the legislature wouldn't be happy paying for this tsunami of shit caused by her crusading.

Not the buyers fault. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, this would fall on the dealer?

As she has now clarified her letter, both dealer and buyer broke (her fantasy interpretation of) the law by selling/buying on July 20th.

The last day for buyers to legally buy was July 19th.

The last day for dealers to legally sell was July 20th but only to out of state buyers.

Last edited:
You'd think the legislature wouldn't be happy paying for this tsunami of shit caused by her crusading.

Given the current budget situation I think we should highlight this with our Representatives. She is now guaranteeing to waste taxpayer money on legal actions related to this. Every rep that has a little pet project that has funding cut, or that is in a School district that has had legally required state funding cut (hint, all of them) should be irate.

It's like she's trying to start a major legal battle with dozens to hundreds if not eventually thousands of people. You'd think the legislature wouldn't be happy paying for this tsunami of shit caused by her crusading.
She is likely trying to get noticed by Hillary because she wants a position in her administration. Regardless this will up her profile among the gun prohibitionist horde. Disarmament enthusiasts are going to hail Healey as a hero for her bravery in standing up to gun bullies and the NRA and taking bold action to save the children from military-grade weapons of war that do not belong on our streets. This is a career move.

yeah.. you really can't send out a directive like she did presumably by USPS, and have it be effective yesterday. As many shops said, "they haven't received anything at this time". And a press conference doesn't count as formal notice of an enforcement action.

Major screw up on her end.. In hindsight, she should've used FEDEX, then she'd at least have had a delivery confirmation. [rofl]

dumb bitch.

Back
Top Bottom