Healey's office considering action against those who bought & sold rifles on July 20

Let's start calling the AG about this and start egging her on - "You don't have the stones" - "You are going to get slapped down by the legislature anyway" - "This is going get an injunction and stay before the end of next week"

Make her take the next step. Too much?

Talk is cheap. I would like to hear the second shot heard round the world as these aholes are out of control. I won't be holding my breath though.

The real question is what will everyone do when that second shot heard round the world actually happen? Who will join, who will bunker in place, who will cave. There are enough lone wolfs out there that the second shot will possibly happen. What everyone does once that shot is fired is what I doubt.

At one point she said " her office mailed letters on Tuesday to F.F.L.'s", does she realize mail doesn't magically appear and some dealers still haven't got the letter.

Oh but had she mailed it early she would have shown her cards and more sales would have occurred and more protests.

I still blame the last three Attorney Generals for any economic losses they had the same law to follow.

Let's start calling the AG about this and start egging her on - "You don't have the stones" - "You are going to get slapped down by the legislature anyway" - "This is going get an injunction and stay before the end of next week"

Make her take the next step. Too much?

Then she'll just ban words, since they can be used interchangeably to hurt feelings.

I won't watch someone die next to me. I'd rather die for something than stand for nothing.

THIS !!!!

How do you look yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life when some stood, and you cowered?

This isn't an introspective - lets see what other people do kind of deal, if the cops show up at your local gun shop and you find out about it - take some of that hardware that all of you love to say 'From my Cold Dead Hands' and do something.

Cops are used to dealing with a lone, perhaps pair (and not that well in that case) of 'offenders' - if 5 show up, the cops better have 20, if 10 show up the cops better have 50.

Last edited:
Her "guidance" gave some wiggle room for dealers, but not individuals. If you bought on the 20th make sure your affairs are in order.

Application of this Enforcement Notice (dealers licensed under G.L. c. 140, § 122):
The Guidance will not be applied to future possession, ownership or transfer of Assault weapons by dealers, provided that the dealer has written evidence that the weapons were transferred to the dealer in the Commonwealth prior to July 20, 2016, and provided further that a transfer made after July 20, 2016, if any, is made to persons or businesses in states where such weapons are legal.

Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners):
The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance.

...But I'm sure that was just an innocent mistake and I'm just paranoid.

Or maybe it's just people who don't understand the difference between "before," "on" and "after."

As it stands, though, I agree that it is clear; individuals must have "obtained" the rifle before 11:59 p.m. on July 19th.

Healy pulled the date crap in an attempt to avoid a run on guns on the 20th.

We discussed it here.

First she'll go after the dealers, then the 2,500+. She'll keep it manageable for the MSP.

Or it was a well calculated move.

I normally don't wear tinfoil but your thoughts as shown have been bothering me. So much so that I haven't posted very many of these thoughts or details on what I think I'm going to do. I still really don't know. I had a lot of irons in the fire and I'm sure glad as hell I didn't rush into doing something I would regret doing later.

I'm so confused.

Could be buried in another thread but wife just saw this.

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns/healey-triggers-gun-buying-frenzy/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So we already knew the AG was engaged what is essentially rule making without the benefit of a delegation of authority by the legislature, as well as without notice and an opportunity for the public to comment, as required by law.

And we already knew that at least on its face, the AG's criminalization of activity that has been universally understood as legal for more than 20 years is likely an illegal attempt at ex post facto lawmaking.

The article raises the further question whether the AG can outlaw activity that was universally understood to be illegal without providing any prior notice.

Her intent was to lock down the semi-auto rifle market immediately. People who think they can transfer post 7/19 need to understand this. The recipient (if in MA) is obtaining a subject gun after 7/19 (i.e., not prior to 7/20). Her very generous promise not to prosecute any such buyer/possessor does not apply.

Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners):
The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

I normally don't wear tinfoil but your thoughts as shown have been bothering me. So much so that I haven't posted very many of these thoughts or details on what I think I'm going to do. I still really don't know. I had a lot of irons in the fire and I'm sure glad as hell I didn't rush into doing something I would regret doing later.

I'm so confused.

It's not paranoia if they're really coming to get you.

I nor my dealer can see how this could fly. He just received the letter from the AG today and was told by her office they can sell untill 11:59 of the 20th when he called that day.

Like my dealer said, he needs a formal notice from her in writing, not learn of this BS from the public.

I would like to hear from comm2a and goal of what their stance is on this is. Sounds like propaganda to me but Wtf do I know.

Last edited:
feathering.jpg

I dont get it. There wasnt a new law passed, just an enforcement letter to gun shops saying the state will enforce the CURRENT laws. So I guess anyone who bought a semi auto rifle with "The scary bits" on it in the last decade is also guilty!

Got my photo taken at GFA Armstech by the Globe photographer today when talking to Greg. I told the photographer my name was Heywood Jablome but he didn't go for it.

LOL, years ago when I was doing business with a well known guitar company (that was targeted by this f-tard administration), the guys in their custom shop were laughing at a phone book when I walked in. Sure as sh!t, someone got away with a phone listing for Haywood Jablome.

Might be a lot more Haywoods these days.

I feel left out too- I was all set before the 20th, I mean 19th... At least I was before the recent, unfortunate canoeing accident.

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH AG PRESS SEC: Update on the mass.gov Q&A section due within the next hour to include info on guns purchased on Wednesday among other things!

Keep posted...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It's not paranoia if they're really coming to get you.

I'm not disagreeing on it. Its purely a case of now she could hang those people out to dry or should we say "make an example out of them".

It very well could have been a set up. Who knows for sure at this time.

She can't possibly think she can go after the individuals that bought big scary assault weapons. She didn't formally notify anyone other than gun stores. What if Joe the plumber just happened to stop in to buy an AR that day, not knowing about the unlawful ban this demon slut just imagined.

I dont get it. There wasnt a new law passed, just an enforcement letter to gun shops saying the state will enforce the CURRENT laws. So I guess anyone who bought a semi auto rifle with "The scary bits" on it in the last decade is also guilty!

Good point, seeing as she's still working on gathering a "list" of what's not acceptable.

I just noticed this on the Mass.gov Q&A:

Q: Does the Enforcement Notice apply to sales transactions that were started before July 20, 2016, but not completed until several days after that date?

• Yes. But as a matter of enforcement priorities, the Attorney General’s office does not expect to focus on those transactions. Sellers should retain evidence that clearly establishes the date on which such transactions were commenced.

Seems like Healey could effectively shut down the dealers who participated. That's probably a lot of gun stores. Again, she would be lauded for getting rid of gun stores.

Put another way: this is a complete win for her, regardless of how the litigation might turn out.

Unless somebody shoots her in the face a la Gifford then it's a win for her husband

One problem. If she goes after any of the people who bought them on the 20th, she will loose.... Right from her Q & A
The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.

I just noticed this on the Mass.gov Q&A:

Q: Does the Enforcement Notice apply to sales transactions that were started before July 20, 2016, but not completed until several days after that date?

• Yes. But as a matter of enforcement priorities, the Attorney General’s office does not expect to focus on those transactions. Sellers should retain evidence that clearly establishes the date on which such transactions were commenced.

Do you have any idea what kind of magnitude your talking about? How many pending SBR's are waiting due to backlog? The number of finished lowers sitting in boxes just waiting for parts? It's ****ing huge!!

Back
Top Bottom