Healey's office considering action against those who bought & sold rifles on July 20

I just noticed this on the Mass.gov Q&A:

Q: Does the Enforcement Notice apply to sales transactions that were started before July 20, 2016, but not completed until several days after that date?

• Yes. But as a matter of enforcement priorities, the Attorney General’s office does not expect to focus on those transactions. Sellers should retain evidence that clearly establishes the date on which such transactions were commenced.

You can committ this felony but we wont prioritize prosecution if you kept records? What a ****ing abortion.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I dont get it. There wasnt a new law passed, just an enforcement letter to gun shops saying the state will enforce the CURRENT laws. So I guess anyone who bought a semi auto rifle with "The scary bits" on it in the last decade is also guilty!

Actually, you do get it.

Do you have any idea what kind of magnitude your talking about? How many pending SBR's are waiting due to backlog? The number of finished lowers sitting in boxes just waiting for parts? It's ****ing huge!!

I for one "completed" my build on the 19th and did my EFA-10 on the 21st. So I have no idea if this means I'm in the clear or on her hit l

The number of finished lowers sitting in boxes just waiting for parts? It's ****ing huge!!

With regard to lowers,

I did not see this in the FAQ prior to just now:

Q: Does the Enforcement Notice affect the legality of the sale of receivers for Assault Weapons if the gun is not built out?

•Yes. If the receiver is for a weapon that would meet one of the tests described above, it will be treated as an Assault Weapon and it cannot be sold in Massachusetts.

They just updated the Q&A: guns purchased ON or Before 7/20 are good

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bravo everyone.. we made a stink about this and here is the result:

Q: What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?
•If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.
•The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.

It's like she's trying to start a major legal battle with dozens to hundreds if not eventually thousands of people. You'd think the legislature wouldn't be happy paying for this tsunami of shit caused by her crusading.

The sooner this gets into the courts the better.

I was surprised at the spike in sales on Tuesday. Some people got word ahead of time. It would be interesting to know which state employees bought them.

Bob

Is it clear to anyone else if 7/20 and prior guns are freely transferable between private parties in MA? In other words, are they the new prebans? I can certainly read her Q&A that way - if anything I'd say that's the clearest interpretation:

•If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.

To me that says that the Enforcement notice doesn't apply to any weapon that had been obtained on or before 7/20.

Last edited:
With regard to lowers,

I did not see this in the FAQ prior to just now:

Q: Does the Enforcement Notice affect the legality of the sale of receivers for Assault Weapons if the gun is not built out?

•Yes. If the receiver is for a weapon that would meet one of the tests described above, it will be treated as an Assault Weapon and it cannot be sold in Massachusetts.

But the registered part is already owned legally in the state. It just hasn't been built. Now what? See where I'm going?

The sooner this gets into the courts the better.

I was surprised at the spike in sales on Tuesday. Some people got word ahead of time. It would be interesting to know which state employees bought them.

Bob

I believe the spike occurred because frantic NESers started reading threads and flocking to LGSs, who then stayed open until 11:59. That's probably over 12 hours of steady sales for those evil, Killy products. No big mystery.

Is it clear to anyone else if 7/20 and prior guns are freely transferable between private parties in MA? In other words, are they the new prebans? I can certainly read her Q&A that way - if anything I'd say that's the clearest interpretation:

I think that is legal....

Is it clear to anyone else if 7/20 and prior guns are freely transferable between private parties in MA? In other words, are they the new prebans? I can certainly read her Q&A that way.

If YOU possess on/before 7/20 then YOU can possess/transfer and she won't prosecute (as of now). But the recipient of a transfer is not mentioned. That recipient would be receiving an illegal weapon AFTER 7/20. To avoid her gaze, that recipient of a transfer would not want to be in Mass in my opinion.

If YOU possess on/before 7/20 then YOU can possess/transfer and she won't prosecute (as of now). But the recipient of a transfer is not mentioned. That recipient would be receiving an illegal weapon AFTER 7/20. To avoid her gaze, that recipient of a transfer would not want to be in Mass in my opinion.

It could go either way, interpretation-wise. if they wanted to have it only apply to protect the person who possessed it as of that date they should have said "obtained by that individual" - they didn't. I guess we'll have to try to get clarification.

I nor my dealer can see how this could fly. He just received the letter from the AG today and was told by her office they can sell untill 11:59 of the 20th when he called that day.

Like my dealer said, he needs a formal notice from her in writing, not learn of this BS from the public.

I would like to hear from comm2a and goal of what their stance is on this is. Sounds like propaganda to me but Wtf do I know.
Exactly, they all did this because her office said they could. The ****ing hacks in her office screwed that up.

At little clarity of language with the directive (i.e. specifying out of state sales only for the dealer could have solved that issue.

I know 12 year olds that could have written that more clearly.

Tick tock, on the clock. What you doin' now Maura?

If this douche used the mail (sending her letters to dealers) to perpetuate her fraudulent sceme of intentionally misrepresenting a "law" to make us felons then that is mail fraud my friend.

Carmen Ortiz where are you.....I wont hold my breath.

I believe the spike occurred because frantic NESers started reading threads and flocking to LGSs, who then stayed open until 11:59. That's probably over 12 hours of steady sales for those evil, Killy products. No big mystery.

The closing the loophole thread and the announcement was in the Globe on Wednesday the 20th and they sold 2,549; on Tuesday they sold 132; and on Monday they sold 51.

They sold nearly three times the number of Assault Weapons on Tuesday as they did on Monday so some people got the "heads up." The day before it went public. I bet there are some in her office that beat the rush. It would be great to know if that happened.

Bob

The closing the loophole thread and the announcement was in the Globe on Wednesday the 20th and they sold 2,549; on Tuesday they sold 132; and on Monday they sold 51.

They sold nearly three times the number of Assault Weapons on Tuesday as they did on Monday so some people got the "heads up." The day before it went public. I bet there are some in her office that beat the rush. It would be great to know if that happened.

Bob

Many gun shops are closed on Mondays.

I'm starting to like her... All this flip flopping ensures that nobody will ever be prosecuted.. Completely unenforceable..

Repeal AWB and even the democrats will recall her!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom