H&K Legal, scratch that, MA Compliant... As Of......

Ouch. I guess I won't be better than anybody else then [grin]

Yea, I don't think you're going to see anything significantly under MSRP as the used market is too high right now. Eventually you may, but that is only if Hk can keep the guns 'AG Approved'.

In all honesty, and there are more than a few people here who can back me up that I am, if you want a new USP40, USP40c, P2000, or P2000SK then go to your dealer and order one NOW! You'll be paying below the used market price in most cases and I'm fairly confident that there's a good chance the AG is going wave an angry fist at these models (at least the LEMs) in the near future. If you can get your gun now, it's yours to keep. If you wait to watch the market and see if prices go down you might miss out on this. If you can live your life without the need for an Hk pistol then you're all set [grin]

I checked out the P2000SK in FL last year, I liked it. Can't afford one right now, and it's not jumping to the top of my must buy list, but as was mentioned before, always great to see more guns on the shelves.

So, what do I need to know about .40sw?
I wanted to start with 9mm simply for the economics, and have that Sig purchase all planned and ready to go.
However, I do want a H&K now that there is a possibility of ordering one new.
Unfortunately, there's not much offered (read: nada) in 9mm this time around.
From the looks of things, .40sw is about $3 more per 50box?
Without getting into a 9mm vs 40sw vs 45acp vs 357sig ballistic comparisons, what else is there to expect?

This would be for range and ideally some competition shooting down the road.

That M&P Pro looked good until I figured waiting around for one to show up in the classifieds would be like watching paint dry.

From the looks of things, .40sw is about $3 more per 50box?
Without getting into a 9mm vs 40sw vs 45acp vs 357sig ballistic comparisons, what else is there to expect?

More recoil, somewhat obnoxious if you're not used to it, especially in the non full sized models. On the other hand in relative terms the USP .40 full is pretty soft recoiling.

What kind of competition are you doing? I like HKs, but I don't think of them as "competition" guns typically. If you have hands like a gorilla you will probably do OK with them, though. You could theoretically do a lot with .40, especially if you are going to get into reloading for it.

-Mike

Think I will head up to FS in the next few days and give them some cash and hope they can order me a USP .40sw (I imagine they can?), as well as pay for the 229R and M&P 9. I knew this would happen [laugh]

Competition might have been the wrong word. I plan on attending some IDPA and USPSA, paying my fees, and having fun. I will not be competitive in any sense of the word. Do not plan on reloading. If I can buy it and it won't cost arm and leg, I'll always go that route. Just don't have the patience for it.

Is there a running joke about the .40 in general on the forum?
Every once and awhile I'll see someone say 'nothing good comes from a for-tay'.

why only .40 and .357 sig? that's such a disappointment...

I rented a USP compact in .40 two weeks ago down in Alabama. I love the fit of the gun - safety and slide lock/unlock are right there above your thumb. the magazine release did seem a bit stiff, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I instantly preferred the feel of it over my glocks, and it seems like a real solid and quality handgun. I personally wouldn't buy the gun in .40 though... its a small gun and there is a pretty good kick to it in .40. 9mm and I'd jump all over it. I love the p2000sk also, but I'll take it in 9mm...

Hope they put the HK45c & P30L on the list

Me want :)

agreed... the Hk45c looks awesome... I think the P30 is the next generation of the p2000, but 9mm only? A friend of mine shot the MK23 SOCOM and said the action was amazingly smooth and muzzle raise was practically nonexistent. I'll take one of those too.

Last edited:
It's been over a month since HK's were supposed to be MA compliant. I'm glad I didn't hold my breath.

I've been arguing with my rep to ship me some since before Shot. Says the demand is high and he's getting them in slooooowley. As of right now they are MA-compliant, it's just getting them on the shelves that seems to be the issue right now.

I've been arguing with my rep to ship me some since before Shot. Says the demand is high and he's getting them in slooooowley. As of right now they are MA-compliant, it's just getting them on the shelves that seems to be the issue right now.

"We're HK, and customers suck."

Get it right, it's "HK: Because you suck. And we hate you. " [rofl]

ETA: I don't think they can top Robinson armament, though.

Because you suck. And we hate you. But we know you'll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you'll come back. You always do. Buy our stuff.

Sincerely,

HK Marketing

ETA: "In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards... but it doesn't matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games." [rofl]

Last edited:
i called four seasons today and the guy told me that there was no hk that was mass compliant and i said there was the hk usp .40c on the state police list and he said "its not mass compliant." That was the extent on the conversation. So can we buy these guns in MA or what? if so what dealers are selling them?

i just called C&F. Great customer service. a lot better then four seasons. Informed that they are currently MASS COMPLIANT

"Hello! You've reached the H&K customer service center. For dealer sales press 1. For law enforcement sales press 2. For Military and law enforcement support press 3. For civilian support press 4. ::presses 4:: ::Beeeeep:: You've reached the peasant line. All of our customer service agents are dealing with people of importance right now, so if you'd like to stay on the line and hold your breath, someone will be with you once you've turned blue. From all of us here, thanks for using H&K, and go f*** yourself"

Thanks Dick. I'm going to *tentatively* say that's great news.

I say tentatively because I live in MA. I'm sure you understand.

Back
Top Bottom