H&K Legal, scratch that, MA Compliant... As Of......

In semi-related news, the latest Four Seasons email showed an M&P9 Pro. I was somewhat excited until I looked at the latest EOPS list.

*sigh*

All,

I contacted H&K yesterday, and they stated that the H&K items listed on the EOPSS list will become legal/available for sale in Ma on approximately December 20th of this year, provided they don't hear anything from the AG's office stating not to sell.

Do I dare ask if anyone has heard anything? Maybe a Christmas miracle?

Do I dare ask if anyone has heard anything? Maybe a Christmas miracle?

The MA gun owner is on the right in this pic.

ItsAWonderfulLife2.jpg

OMG GUYS HK MADE THE LIST!!!!!!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Squishy
We got it...you don't care if hk ever had any mass compliant models. Some of us like hk handguns and would like to buy new ones at free state prices instead ridiculously inflated prices for used HKs. I guess that makes us moron hk fanboys.

A member has notified me there is an update to this. Stay tuned. I still won't believe it, though, but at least this should be more credible.... [grin]

-Mike

Okay, so I've spoken with an HK rep that has stated to me that HK will allow their distributors to start shipping the four models on the EOPS Roster to MA dealers. He has also stated that he personally was the one who sent the following letter to Marsha at the AG's office, the SKUs were hand written in pen.

1294710100.jpg

We all know that if a manufacturer is on the EOPS Roster and thinks that their gun meets the AG's regs that the only thing they can do is start selling them until the AG comes and shuts them down. It looks like HK is doing just that at this point. I'm hoping to get a delivery date tomorrow when I speak to the guy again. Oh, and if this proves true then SilentOverlord gets to go "neener-neener" and a lot of people owe him rep points [laugh] [rofl]

In semi-related news, the latest Four Seasons email showed an M&P9 Pro.

I just stumbled upon this model through while browsing around their website. I would say the M&P is probably going to be my 2nd purchase. Would be fantastic if it would be the Pro model.

Does this mean we don't suck anymore? [laugh]

No. Us HK owners will always suck, regardless of where we live. It's not just an MA thing. Remember that slogan that Larry Correia came up with about HK, for their company motto:

"HK. Because you suck. And we hate you."

[rofl]

-Mike

Oh snap, there goes the H&K premium in MA for the.40 and .357 models. For the most part anyway. If the other calibers come, there goes all the premiums.

So not being all that familiar with HK... are their USP's any good? How does it compare to other polymer pistols? For the pricetag, what about it is supposed to be better?

Serious question here, not trying to [pot] or [flame] [smile]

So not being all that familiar with HK... are their USP's any good? How does it compare to other polymer pistols? For the pricetag, what about it is supposed to be better?

If you own an HK, you're better than anyone else. It's that simple.

That being said, I sold my only HK pistol about a year ago.

Your a pee-on if you don't have the testicular fortitude to own an HK.

In a world of compromise, some don't.

Derek should make a private forum just for us HK owners. Green or not, we are truly special people.

My USP 45c and USP 45 Tactical are probably my two favorite handguns, with the Glock 20 right behind it.

I have a USPc .45. Used to have a USPc .40. Good things: Accurate. Reliable. Good sights. SA trigger is OK. Slide release is well placed and generously sized. Ambidextrous mag release.

Not so good things: Relatively high bore axis. DA trigger is horrid. Slide is way too big. Can be carried cocked and locked. Mag release is in the wrong placed and rather stiff.

A shot an HK45 and P2000sk a couple weeks ago -- definitely an improvement over the USP and USPc.

I have a USPc .45. Used to have a USPc .40. Good things: Accurate. Reliable. Good sights. SA trigger is OK. Slide release is well placed and generously sized. Ambidextrous mag release.

Not so good things: Relatively high bore axis. DA trigger is horrid. Slide is way too big. Can be carried cocked and locked. Mag release is in the wrong placed and rather stiff.

A shot an HK45 and P2000sk a couple weeks ago -- definitely an improvement over the USP and USPc.

Those last two would have been mine [smile](and maybe DrGrant's).

I can't speak to the USPs much but both the HK45 and P2000sk suck up recoil very well and are very accurate. Like the USP, they both have a non-standard mag release. I actually like it on the HK45 since the lever is big and works smoothly. The P2000sk's is fairly small and stiff but it might loosen up over time. Ergonomically, I like both quite a bit.

Both of my HKs are DA/SA. Compared to a SIG DA/SA trigger, the HKs kind of suck. A typical SIG DA/SA trigger is pretty smooth on DA and has a reasonably crisp break on SA. It's not 1911 crisp but it's there. The HKs are just kind of mush.

From a fit and finish standpoint, HKs do seem to be a cut above Glocks, M&Ps and XDs and I think they're worth the money, but I'm probably just a fanboi.

Without crapping up this thread (any more?) by delving into an IPhone discussion, I have to say...If the first VIPhone available is the older 3G (CDMA) model it will be somewhat analogous to being able to conveniently purchase a new HK and finding out all that's out available is the 2000 and USP lines...in 40, no less. Wah wah...cue disappointed horn noise....

Wake me up when the HK45 and the 4G LTE capable phones arrive. I want the sexy models...

I love my USP. I complain about the trigger more than I should, because it's not that bad in the scheme of things (there are way worse triggers out there). I guess for the high price tag, you would hope that it would be a bit better. At any rate, the gun has never let me down, it's a smooth shooter, it's not picky about what you put through it, and despite being enormous and blocky in comparison with other pistols in the same class, it's lightweight and comfortable to carry.

Hunter's Trading Post told me on Dec 23 (and I posted in the other HK thread) that they will have the HK P2000 in stock (on the shelves) in mid-Jan 2011.

I have a USP 9mm and .45. Both fullsized. They are great guns and highly recommended. I know nothing about the P2000.

You really can’t go wrong with a USP aside from the extreme scarcity of preban mags, at least for the 9mm and .45. They are out there but you have to pay dearly or find someone who doesn't know what they have. Never looked for the .40. Other than that, they are definitely GTG.

Just looking at the HK lineup, the P2000 SK might be a nice carry gun. But, as usual, you get more for less with a Glock 19 which is smaller in every dimension, lighter, and holds more rounds.

Just looking at the HK lineup, the P2000 SK might be a nice carry gun. But, as usual, you get more for less with a Glock 19 which is smaller in every dimension, lighter, and holds more rounds.

very true, but I thought glock fit my hand like a glove until I tried the HK..

To prevent some obvious head banging by some users, if you are thinking about getting a USP 40 full, it is .40 S+W -ONLY- and it cannot be converted to .357 Sig. I know this because I looked into it when I owned one, even though I normally loathe conversions of any kind. At one point Jarvis made a barrel for the gun, but it failed (users got unfixable jamming problems) and they won't sell it anymore. The USP .40 full simply does not work with .357 Sig. Nobody has explained why, but I would venture a guess it is some kind of timing problem, and it probably has to do with the dual recoil spring setup and perhaps the mass of the slide. It might also be just an unlocking thing, too. Regardless, if you are "into" .40 it is a pretty decent handgun. Mine was extremely accurate.

-Mike

That is incorrect. The P2000SK is very similar in size to the G26. The G19 is larger.

p20003.jpg

p20002.jpg

The grip on the HK is a bit longer but that's about the only difference.

To prevent some obvious head banging by some users, if you are thinking about getting a USP 40 full, it is .40 S+W -ONLY- and it cannot be converted to .357 Sig. I know this because I looked into it when I owned one, even though I normally loathe conversions of any kind. At one point Jarvis made a barrel for the gun, but it failed (users got unfixable jamming problems) and they won't sell it anymore. The USP .40 full simply does not work with .357 Sig. Nobody has explained why, but I would venture a guess it is some kind of timing problem, and it probably has to do with the dual recoil spring setup and perhaps the mass of the slide. It might also be just an unlocking thing, too. Regardless, if you are "into" .40 it is a pretty decent handgun. Mine was extremely accurate.

-Mike

On the other hand, I have seen information saying the P2000(sk) can be converted from .357 to .40 but verify that before purchase.

Back
Top Bottom