H&K Legal, scratch that, MA Compliant... As Of......

All,

I contacted H&K yesterday, and they stated that the H&K items listed on the EOPSS list will become legal/available for sale in Ma on approximately December 20th of this year, provided they don't hear anything from the AG's office stating not to sell. So no news is good news.

They also stated that they would be starting testing on several other models in Jan 2011 to become Mass compliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
jackson.gif

On the roster, there are only 4 models:
P2000 .357 Sig
Heckler & Koch P2000SK .357 Sig
Heckler & Koch USP .40 S&W
Heckler & Koch USP Comp LEM .40 S&W

HK45.jpg

I'd love to see the HK45 on the list and become mass compliant. In my opinion it's the best looking 45 pistol ever made (other than the 1911's of course). BTW: I'm not talking about the USP 45...

HK45.jpg

I'd love to see the HK45 on the list and become mass compliant. In my opinion it's the best looking 45 pistol ever made (other than the 1911's of course). BTW: I'm not talking about the USP 45...

I love the HK45. I would like to see that and the HK45c on the list. 9mm would be nice, too. Not a big fan of the USP.

All this means is that H&K is getting hammered by other, more modern manufacturers with better products at better prices, and thus they need to expand to areas where some of those other manufacturers don't sell.

All this means is that H&K is getting hammered by other, more modern manufacturers with better products at better prices, and thus they need to expand to areas where some of those other manufacturers don't sell.

Really? With the success of the HK45 and the P30? They're not usually the company to target the civilian market..

Exactly. Overpriced handguns are already the norm in Mass. [laugh]

It definitely could be. Or it could be that since they now have a plant close by, maybe a worker there from MA is championing it just because. Companies are supposed to make decisions on profit but it's not always so.

I'm curious to see how they set prices in MA.

They are gorgeous guns, I won't lie, but until the USP or P2000 come in 9mm, they have not interested me.
Again, I think they will find a niche market....but per usual, H&K has failed to realize they have competition in the handgun market, and the competition is doing what they do....but their competition is just better at it. Make the prices fair and sales will go through the roof with all the new first time gun owner h&k fan boys....keep it at 850, and they will end up being glass case queens in the shop. There will be next to zero pre-ban mags available, customer service is eh, and their triggers suck.

I won't lie though, I'm hating on H&K, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one once I can get one in 9mm hahahaha, and fix the trigger issue, and search for 8 pre-ban mags. Boom problem solved and now I'm an H&K god. Glock traitor, the USP would probably be my primary hahaha

It makes perfect sense to me. They can sell a $600 gun for $800 because it's Massachusetts and we will pay. I wish I could say that I won't buy one, but I know I will as soon as they hit the shelves at Four Seasons

The P200SK is an excellent compact handgun. Converting 357Sig to .40SW is easy. Reliability of HK guns is second to none. I disagree that HK is getting hammered and that's the reason they became Mass-compliant. They do pretty well.

The P200SK is an excellent compact handgun. Converting 357Sig to .40SW is easy. Reliability of HK guns is second to none. I disagree that HK is getting hammered and that's the reason they became Mass-compliant. They do pretty well.

According to hkpro, it's actually hard to find P30s right now.

Fencer, HK doesn't sell any $600 guns anywhere. Whether they make $600 guns is up for argument.

Really? With the success of the HK45 and the P30? They're not usually the company to target the civilian market..

Some LE agencies won't use a brand if it's not on the roster, or so I've heard, so my guess would be ulterior motives are at play. It also allows the LEOs to buy off duty guns of the same type.

-Mike

HK's share of the total police market in the US is minimal.

Hardly a successful company.

XM8..........LOL!

Back
Top Bottom