H&K Legal, scratch that, MA Compliant... As Of......

I'm curious to see how they set prices in MA.

It won't matter unless they have a special SKU for the MA only guns. If some of the guns are identical to their free state counterparts (sans mags) the pricing will be similar. Of course MA dealers will add some fluff to the top on the first few waves or so, but if the guns are identical there is nothing stopping you from going on GB/GA and buying the same gun and having it transferred in. Whether it makes economic sense to do it or not
is another story.

As far as "fix the trigger issue" goes, you're dreaming. You either have to fix it yourself or have Bruce Gray do it, and there might be a couple of other guys nationally who are capable. Otherwise nobody wants to touch an HK because of the parts situation.

At least on the guns that offer it, the LEM is the hot ticket anyways, especially if you can get the 5 pound version. This obviously isn't happening in MA, and if they offer a LEM here it will have to be gayed out to 10+ pounds, although it'll likely be easily repairable. There are basically only 2 springs that control the LEM weight.

-Mike

It makes perfect sense to me. They can sell a $600 gun for $800 because it's Massachusetts and we will pay.

Not necessarily. Just because it's MA doesn't mean buyers are more likely to overpay for a handgun. Why do you think the Smegmas and the Ruger P345s, and SR9s are probably the three most popular handguns in MA for new sales..... because they are the cheapest.

The market here could be worse... it could be like CA where it is basically rigged up badly. There is a virtual blockade going into CA and the local dealers can get whatever they want for a handgun. One time I was on the phone with a friend from CA and we were comparing prices.... the MA prices were often up to $100+ lower on nearly everything.

-Mike

HK's share of the total police market in the US is minimal.

Hardly a successful company.

XM8..........LOL!

They're privately held so nobody except for them and their bankers really knows how successful they are.

Hardly successful? They have and continue to manufacture some of the premier firearms on the market.

You sound like a fanboi.

They don't do anything that is worth the premium they charge. Their handguns are no better than the competition and their rifles are a cruel joke.

You sound like a fanboi.

They don't do anything that is worth the premium they charge. Their handguns are no better than the competition and their rifles are a cruel joke.

Not to mention that they won't even sell their rifles in anything other than a badly neutered version. If they had sold a semi G-36 instead of the stupid SL8, they would still be on the map in terms of civilian rifles.

Yeah... whatever... When i can buy a USP Compact in .45, I will be at the gun shop buying one. I don't care if they are overrated, their rifles suck, or they don't make money. I don't care. I want one.

You sound like a fanboi.

To paraphrase: "I'm right, you're wrong, neener neener"

Whether they're better or not, many people seem to like them and all indications are that HK is financially sound. Ain't capitalism grand.

You sound like a fanboi.

I had a chance to handle (and shoot) an HK45 a little while ago and I was extremely impressed. It's hard to find someone with anything bad to say about this pistol. With that said it certainly much more expensive that an M&P 45, but it's less expensive than a custom 1911.

All this means is that H&K is getting hammered by other, more modern manufacturers with better products at better prices, and thus they need to expand to areas where some of those other manufacturers don't sell.

Or it could be their trying to get rid of some surplus in odd calibers.... Really? Your going to "break into" a new market with .357 sig and .40sw? .357 sig is cool, but to expensive for me too shoot and .40 just sucks. Even the PD's are moving avay from it

Or it could be their trying to get rid of some surplus in odd calibers.... Really? Your going to "break into" a new market with .357 sig and .40sw? .357 sig is cool, but to expensive for me too shoot and .40 just sucks. Even the PD's are moving avay from it

What caliber are they moving to?

Yeah... whatever... When i can buy a USP Compact in .45, I will be at the gun shop buying one. I don't care if they are overrated, their rifles suck, or they don't make money. I don't care. I want one.

Many "gotta haveit" folks will jump at anything that they are told that "they can't have" as being some sort of holy grail. Once the madhouse rush is over (assuming that pigs fly and H&K does indeed start selling in MA), their overpriced hardware and sucky customer disservice will level out sales to a low level.

I own the USP 45c and can tell you that the trigger pull is worse than needed to pass muster with the AG! I bought this gun in 1999-2000, so it has a "standard trigger". I replaced the spring to supposedly lower the trigger pull, measured same (before and after) with an electronic trigger gauge and haven't even bothered to shoot it since. IIRC it is now at 11-12# and not impressive.

And for customer disservice, the prior owner had messed up the sights and H&K was supposed to send me replacement sights (free) . . . this was back in 1999-2000 and I'm still waiting by the Mailbox for them to arrive . . . NOT!

I've got a USPc .45. Meh. Had a USPc .40 and sold it -- I don't miss it.

Many "gotta haveit" folks will jump at anything that they are told that "they can't have" as being some sort of holy grail. Once the madhouse rush is over (assuming that pigs fly and H&K does indeed start selling in MA), their overpriced hardware and sucky customer disservice will level out sales to a low level.

I own the USP 45c and can tell you that the trigger pull is worse than needed to pass muster with the AG! I bought this gun in 1999-2000, so it has a "standard trigger". I replaced the spring to supposedly lower the trigger pull, measured same (before and after) with an electronic trigger gauge and haven't even bothered to shoot it since. IIRC it is now at 11-12# and not impressive.

And for customer disservice, the prior owner had messed up the sights and H&K was supposed to send me replacement sights (free) . . . this was back in 1999-2000 and I'm still waiting by the Mailbox for them to arrive . . . NOT!

Wow, that sucks.... wanna sell it cheap then?

Many "gotta haveit" folks will jump at anything that they are told that "they can't have" as being some sort of holy grail.

How true.

greener-grass.jpg

To paraphrase: "I'm right, you're wrong, neener neener"

Whether they're better or not, many people seem to like them and all indications are that HK is financially sound. Ain't capitalism grand.

Since I'm not blinded by brand loyalty, I can see them for what they are: competent but overpriced and overhyped firearms.

Still got my '95 USP 45 v1. Thought about selling when I heard about this, but thought better of it. The only problem with the USP IMO, is the trigger. I am planning to either replace with the match or LEM kit.

Manufacturing them is easy. How about selling them?

Sales numbers aren't everything. Clearly they sell enough, because the company continues to operate.

You sound like a fanboi.

That's fine that you think that. The fact is that they do make high quality handguns. Whether they're worth the premium to you or not is irrelevant.

I like HKs. I have a USP, and I like it. I'd love to see more of them come into the state, and if they expand the roster to include the HK45, well... giggitty.

Not necessarily. Just because it's MA doesn't mean buyers are more likely to overpay for a handgun. Why do you think the Smegmas and the Ruger P345s, and SR9s are probably the three most popular handguns in MA for new sales..... because they are the cheapest.

The market here could be worse... it could be like CA where it is basically rigged up badly. There is a virtual blockade going into CA and the local dealers can get whatever they want for a handgun. One time I was on the phone with a friend from CA and we were comparing prices.... the MA prices were often up to $100+ lower on nearly everything.

-Mike

Just like how in most other states the Hi-Point pistols are probably the most selling new handguns.

I'd love to see more of them come into the state, and if they expand the roster to include the HK45, well... giggitty.
I'd definitely like to see more in the state. I just don't believe the "no compromises" hype, any more than I buy into the "Glock perfection" hype, or the 1911 hype. They all have good points and bad.

I'd like to see if the HK45 has fixed some of the things I don't like about the USPc.

Back
Top Bottom