H&K Legal, scratch that, MA Compliant... As Of......

On the other hand, I have seen information saying the P2000(sk) can be converted from .357 to .40 but verify that before purchase.

Yup... the small guns (P2000, P2000SK, and the USP Compacts) can all go from .40 to .357 and vice versa, with likely not much more than a barrel and recoil spring change. (and even that might not even be needed).

-Mike

Last edited:
That is incorrect. The P2000SK is very similar in size to the G26. The G19 is larger.

The grip on the HK is a bit longer but that's about the only difference.

I was just going by the published specs. From H&K the P2000sk is 7" x 5.04" x 1.34" and weighs 1.5lbs without the mag. From Glock, the G19 is 6.85" x 5" x 1.18" and weighs 21 ounces empty.

Your a pee-on if you don't have the testicular fortitude to own an HK.

In a world of compromise, some don't.

Derek should make a private forum just for us HK owners. Green or not, we are truly special people.

You MUST be a member on the HK forum. It's full of like minded individuals just like you.

I was just going by the published specs. From H&K the P2000sk is 7" x 5.04" x 1.34" and weighs 1.5lbs without the mag. From Glock, the G19 is 6.85" x 5" x 1.18" and weighs 21 ounces empty.

It seems that HK doesn't even care enough about consumers to publish correct specs. They have the P2000 and P2000sk listed as being the same size, which they definitely aren't.

I didn't order any P2000s or P2000SKs in .357sig because they have the LEM trigger. If someone wants one if these let me know and I can place an order for you. You can backwards convert the LEM to DA/SA, but the Hk rep told me it can be a pain.

It seems that HK doesn't even care enough about consumers to publish correct specs. They have the P2000 and P2000sk listed as being the same size, which they definitely aren't.

Interesting. If it's that small, the P2000 SK could be a great carry gun.

According to the font of all knowledge (Wikipedia) the P2000sk is 163 mm (6.4 in) [OAL] x 32.5 mm (1.3 in) [width] x 117 mm (4.6 in) [height]. Weight is 606 g (21.4 oz) and barrel length is 83 mm (3.3 in). They get it on the list in 9mm and I'd consider it, but I'd have to shoot an HK first to see if I even liked it. But bravo to HK for finally getting around to going to the AG. More guns available is better, IMO.

Interesting. If it's that small, the P2000 SK could be a great carry gun.

It is that small. It is skinny too. I played with it in TX at some point and it was very nice. I wish I could have brought it back with me... [grin]

I like it has a decocker on the DA/SA on the rear. It is a non standard place but it frankly keep the profile slim. I would compare this more to the P229 than the G33. It has the P229's profile while the overall size of the G33. Like the best of both worlds. The big problem is it is an H&K so that means it is an acquired taste. It also means limited holster options, etc. YMMV.

According to the font of all knowledge (Wikipedia) the P2000sk is 163 mm (6.4 in) [OAL] x 32.5 mm (1.3 in) [width] x 117 mm (4.6 in) [height]. Weight is 606 g (21.4 oz) and barrel length is 83 mm (3.3 in). They get it on the list in 9mm and I'd consider it, but I'd have to shoot an HK first to see if I even liked it. But bravo to HK for finally getting around to going to the AG. More guns available is better, IMO.

By comparison, a G26 is 6.29Lx1.18Wx4.17H. However, my calipers say the slide on the P2000sk is 1.14" and the diagram on Glock's site seems to show that they're ignoring the slide release when they measure width. The slide releases on the HK do stick out more than the Glock's but it's also ambi.

Weight for the G26 is 19.75oz unloaded (not sure if that includes an empty mag).

It is that small. It is skinny too. I played with it in TX at some point and it was very nice. I wish I could have brought it back with me... [grin]

I like it has a decocker on the DA/SA on the rear. It is a non standard place but it frankly keep the profile slim. I would compare this more to the P229 than the G33. It has the P229's profile while the overall size of the G33. Like the best of both worlds. The big problem is it is an H&K so that means it is an acquired taste. It also means limited holster options, etc. YMMV.

It's a neat looking gun, that's for sure. I don't know about that rear decocker business, but would probably opt for LEM anyway. As for holsters, I've started working with kydex myself and it's pretty trivial to make a shell for an MTAC or even an entire holster in an evening of work.

I like it has a decocker on the DA/SA on the rear. It is a non standard place but it frankly keep the profile slim. I would compare this more to the P229 than the G33. It has the P229's profile while the overall size of the G33.

IMO the P2000 series is more like "M&P 9C fat" than it is P229 fat. A P229 is a tub of lard compared to any of these. (I've owned a regular P2000 .40, as well as two P229s in .40. ) Not to mention the P229 is like .31 ounces unloaded. Nothing against P229s, either, they're just big guns, and there is no getting around it. The tapered slide profile on the P2000 series also helps it look and feel smaller. For example the P2000 .40 is basically the same gun as a USP .40c (they even take exactly the same magazines) but the P2K "feels" a lot smaller.

-Mike

Last edited:

The decocker is also fairly ambidextrous, compared to something like a SIG.

The decocker is also fairly ambidextrous, compared to something like a SIG.

Hell, a left handed bolt action rifle is ambidextrous compared to a Sig P Series. [laugh] It's mainly because of the damned slide lock more than anything else, though. The P series probably would have more guns in circulation if that slide lock wasn't in the dumbest location ever. Watching a left handed person try to lock the slide open on a sig is like watching a midget trying to get to the top two shelves at a grocery store. The only way you can really manage that thing as a lefty is by "memory indexing."

-Mike

Hell, a left handed bolt action rifle is ambidextrous compared to a Sig P Series. [laugh] It's mainly because of the damned slide lock more than anything else, though. The P series probably would have more guns in circulation if that slide lock wasn't in the dumbest location ever. Watching a left handed person try to lock the slide open on a sig is like watching a midget trying to get to the top two shelves at a grocery store. The only way you can really manage that thing as a lefty is by "memory indexing."

-Mike

That's what they get for being a lefty.[smile]

Highly recommend people check some of their stuff out. I've been able to shoot a lot/most of it down here in Texas and have been impressed every time. For me, their guns fit better than anything else I've tried. I plan on purchasing and carrying a USPc in the next year, and potentially a P2000sk after that. The P2000sk is notably smaller.

I hope they are going to add some other models. I'd LOVE to see the HK45 available in MA, that would be incredible!

Hopefully some other manufactors will follow suit, like SA.

I own and shoot a lot of guns, Les Baer, S&W PC, Sig, M+P's, Seecamp 32 +380, I like what fits me and shoots WELL. I am issued a 229 40 DAK. I shoot it well. The gun I carry 90+% of the time is a HK USPc 357 LEM. Works for me, fits, and I hit well with it. SPG

I have a HK 45c also, still carry the 357

I own and shoot a lot of guns, Les Baer, S&W PC, Sig, M+P's, Seecamp 32 +380, I like what fits me and shoots WELL. I am issued a 229 40 DAK. I shoot it well. The gun I carry 90+% of the time is a HK USPc 357 LEM. Works for me, fits, and I hit well with it. SPG

I have a HK 45c also, still carry the 357

What are you paying for a case of .357 sig these days?

Back
Top Bottom