Guns taken from home of man accused of tossing banana peels on neighbor's lawn

You must be from Lexington![smile]

I see your point, but allow me to play devil's advocate. Though I think he's a jerk for harassing his neighbors. If he was that coocoo for Cocoa Puffs, how was he able to obtain those guns legally in the first place? (Assuming they were all bought legally). Or is it just a "rather be safe than sorry" thing in MA?...

MA never misses opportunity to scare sheep with "stash of guns and ammunition".

This case is interesting. He was under a surveillance by Lexington PD and he was observed 3x placing banana peels on the driveway. Neighbor claims 30 or so such incidents in one year.

This shows he has been a known dangerous actor and no one did anything about it, like most mental health situations, because eh. He likely was licensed at one point (or lived in another state) and instead of getting him into help or convicting him, they did nothing but remove the license and guns, which we all know is never enough. But it's all our fault.

- - - Updated - - -

I see your point, but allow me to play devil's advocate. Though I think he's a jerk for harassing his neighbors. If he was that coocoo for Cocoa Puffs, how was he able to obtain those guns legally in the first place? (Assuming they were all bought legally). Or is it just a "rather be safe than sorry" thing in MA?...

See my post right after yours. They didn't get him adjudicated dangerous. The removal of the guns and/or license was the miraculous cure-all, which we know it isn't, that "fixed" this (aka; kicked the can down the road to today).

I am, and was out front (with my real name) fighting the attempted gun grab last year (Maura subsequently made the whole issue moot). Since then, several Lexingtonians have asked me about the process to get a gun. Winning hearts and minds one at a time. [wink]

Cheers!

Slippery slope. Definition of a nut can be pretty wide. Taking away guns from anybody who can be labeled as a nut poses a real danger for all of us. Some people can be depressed, some can be "divorce nuts", etc.

At great risk I'll venture this: If somebody is demonstrably cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, do we want such a person possessing guns? I understand there should be due process (a fair competency hearing, etc.), or the guns get quickly returned.

Ah I see your point, but allow me to play devil's advocate. Though I think he's a jerk for harassing his neighbors. If he was that coocoo for Cocoa Puffs, how was he able to obtain those guns legally in the first place? (Assuming they were all bought legally). Or is it just a "rather be safe than sorry" thing in MA?...

This shows he has been a known dangerous actor and no one did anything about it, like most mental health situations, because eh. He likely was licensed at one point (or lived in another state) and instead of getting him into help or convicting him, they did nothing but remove the license and guns, which we all know is never enough. But it's all our fault.

- - - Updated - - -

See my post right after yours. They didn't get him adjudicated dangerous. The removal of the guns and/or license was the miraculous cure-all, which we know it isn't, that "fixed" this (aka; kicked the can down the road to today).

Hmm I gotcha

this could have been going on for a while.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/man...-black-neighbors-car-slashing-tires/480833941

"Another resident reported the vandalism on Dec. 16, saying she has found banana peels on her driveway and car for about 18 months. She also says she recently found two of her tires slashed."

Of course they can only speculate as to the tire slashing. And because of all this the police set up video and supposedly caught him banana peel thing...

but...

"The man also complained of how there was a black family he claimed was 'section' and that they had nice cars for 'section 8 people,'" the paperwork reads.

Well, when I was young I was abused by communists, so my mind is screwed up forever. I am in a very slow recovery.

This dude claims that he was eating bananas while he was running. He was under the surveillance. In the communist country almost everyone was under the surveillance.

We would need to know what "driveway" means. Was it a long driveway? That is what I have and some animals keep dumping there little plastic bottles or entire packaging from MacDonald's meal. Should I ask for a surveillance?

Not everything in this story is making a sense.

Well, when I was young I was abused by communists, so my mind is screwed up forever. I am in a very slow recovery.

This dude claims that he was eating bananas while he was running. He was under the surveillance. In the communist country almost everyone was under the surveillance.

We would need to know what "driveway" means. Was it a long driveway? That is what I have and some animals keep dumping there little plastic bottles or entire packaging from MacDonald's meal. Should I ask for a surveillance?

Not everything in this story is making a sense.

If I remember correctly from the news I watched earlier this week about this the driveway is a two car side by side driveway. So only one car deep...not very big at all...

Sounds like a slippery character.[banana]

Nice...

while he may be temperarraly prohibited do to have to go to court for the alleged offenses. He may not be a PP in the way we typically mean it.

His violent oast with assault weapon violations, could just be the prossicution slaundering him..

I didnt read the word coviction once in the article, but as usual a fourth grader could have close to journalism than whoove wrote this abortion.

Cheers!

Slippery slope. Definition of a nut can be pretty wide. Taking away guns from anybody who can be labeled as a nut poses a real danger for all of us. Some people can be depressed, some can be "divorce nuts", etc.

And it all depends upon who is creating the definition of "Nuts".

"The man also complained of how there was a black family he claimed was 'section' and that they had nice cars for 'section 8 people,'" the paperwork reads.

I can hardly blame the guys, all the section 8s near me have Gass guzzling SUVs, with snowmobiles and wave runners....i let the 4 wheel drive vehicles slide because its new England ... but personal watercraft while your on welfare is rediculios.

I wonder how the town of Lexington is coming together at the discover that there were, probably between 200-300 bullets and ten guns confiscated, right in their backyard [crying]

If I remember correctly from the news I watched earlier this week about this the driveway is a two car side by side driveway. So only one car deep...not very big at all...

Thank you.

I just feel that we have a moral obligation not to immediately abandon a gun owner who is smeared by media. Communism showed me that ANYBODY CAN BE SMEARED and everybody will run away from such a person (family, neighbors). Soviet Union locked dissidents into mental institutions, never forget that!

I do not trust any media. I use what they say against them.

In this case, dude discharged his weapon few years ago. Why? Try to do it in your hood. In Lexington? What has happened back then?

Let's say that he was recorded (was he? or was he observed only?) throwing banana peel on the driveway. Does that lead to confiscations of guns and ammo? How?

Thank you.

I just feel that we have a moral obligation not to immediately abandon a gun owner who is smeared by media. Communism showed me that ANYBODY CAN BE SMEARED and everybody will run away from such a person (family, neighbors). Soviet Union locked dissidents into mental institutions, never forget that!

In this case, dude discharged his weapon few years ago. Why? Try to do it in your hood. In Lexington? What has happened back then?

Let's say that he was recorded (was he? or was he observed only?) throwing banana peel on the driveway. Does that lead to confiscations of guns and ammo? How?

To your point he is at worst littering. However is is natural and biodegradable. Or an animal would take it and eat it. So not really littering...
As I understood this though he had been doing this for a while. So when they complained to the police the police set up surveillance cameras to catch him....and they did. And I believe that is what prompted the arrest and over-reaction with the confiscation. I think I also read the people filed a restraining order as well. Police probably made that recommendation for them to tell their lawyer so they could take his guns.

Nice...

while he may be temperarraly prohibited do to have to go to court for the alleged offenses. He may not be a PP in the way we typically mean it.

His violent oast with assault weapon violations, could just be the prossicution slaundering him..

I didnt read the word coviction once in the article, but as usual a fourth grader could have close to journalism than whoove wrote this abortion.

What ?

I can hardly blame the guys, all the section 8s near me have Gass guzzling SUVs, with snowmobiles and wave runners....i let the 4 wheel drive vehicles slide because its new England ... but personal watercraft while your on welfare is rediculios.

I would be highly surprised if, even on MA's welfare system, there were people living in Lexington on welfare. I am thinking he meant they were low class in acculturation terms. But who knows at this point.

Youll have to be more specific than just "What? " if you seek some kind of clarification.

Maybe the typo "prosicution slandering him"?

My touch screen is on its way out and autocorrect isnt perfect. Sorry.

Last edited:
I would be highly surprised if, even on MA's welfare system, there were people living in Lexington on welfare. I am thinking he meant they were low class in acculturation terms. But who knows at this point.

I didnt pick up on that....so he was just saying the black neighbors shouldnt have such nice vehicles since all black people are " Section" i guess i missed the racial overtones, because i dont know the area

I didnt pick up on that....so he was just saying the black neighbors shouldnt have such nice vehicles since all black people are " Section" i guess i missed the racial overtones, because i dont know the area
Yes, from what I read he had been harassing this family for a while. Stupid stuff and the guy is at least a whack job.

If you do a little research you'd be STUNNED at some of the MA cities and towns that some FreeSh*tters call "home".
I work, my wife too, and we make a pretty good living.. yet some of my wife's freeloading relatives (harsh? yeah but very appropriate) live MassHealth/EBT/SNAP/Section 8 etc etc etc.. and live in beautiful apartments and townhouses, courtesy of Uncle Sam and Uncle GlockJock.. places that would cost me so much that I'd have to work a friggin third job to afford it.

Im not really sure you can call mass health welfare in the common sense..
Some years i qualify for it...if i dont apply for it they want me to pay between like $1500 and $2300 mandate.

So yes its wellfare, but should i not have insurance and be force to pay for others people insurance?
Dont blame me blame obama and MA

Edit the ****up thing is if everyone eligible applied for insurance when the ACA started, it would have failed immediately.

If you do a little research you'd be STUNNED at some of the MA cities and towns that some FreeSh*tters call "home".
I work, my wife too, and we make a pretty good living.. yet some of my wife's freeloading relatives (harsh? yeah but very appropriate) live MassHealth/EBT/SNAP/Section 8 etc etc etc.. and live in beautiful apartments and townhouses, courtesy of Uncle Sam and Uncle GlockJock.. places that would cost me so much that I'd have to work a friggin third job to afford it.

There are some luxury apartments in Hopkinton that were recently built (within the last 3 or 4 years). The only way I could afford to live in them is if I lost my job and had pretty much no income. It's so ****ed up.

Lexington easily exceeds the 10% threshold for affordable housing required to avoid 40B developments.

Nice...

Really?[rofl]

Thank you.

THIS. Not defending this guy if the actual facts bear out that he was harassing his neighbors, but knowing the dishonest media and dishonest pols in this state, I remain skeptical.

from video, rifles looked Fudd like.

There is a lesson to be learned here, folks. If you are truly an open minded, progressive individual who sees the world colorless and judges their fellow humans on the basis of their personal conduct and external character, you shall own semi automatic rifles that take "large capacity" magazines.

If you only own a bunch of revolvers, bolt action rifles, and pump action shotguns, you're probably a xenophobic racist, a neophyte to the proper tools of a polite society.

Back
Top Bottom