• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns taken from home of man accused of tossing banana peels on neighbor's lawn

This thread is going downhill fast.

Irish isn't a "race"... it's an ethnicity. Negro is a race, like Caucasian.

In terms of Oriental being derogatory: This is a point of debate, even among Asians. Great article from The LA Times by an Oriental chick: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-tsuchiyama-oriental-insult-20160601-snap-story.html

SO... back to the topic of the thread. Given that the guy is a POS. Given that he had the guns illegally. Given that he was harassing his black/African-American/Negro neighbors over the course of time throwing dozens of banana peels on their property. Given that even his parents think he's a taco short of a combo plate... Then, WHY is it wrong to grab his guns and ammo?

Look... I get the "there but for the grace of G-d goes I" argument. But unless you're a nutlog, a PP and a gun collector, who also happens to be a racist with poor enough impulse control that you can't resist showing your "appreciation" for you black neighbors by throwing 40 or 50 bananas on their lawn over the course of a few months.... I think you're not likely to be in the same boat at the suspect here.

I say "**** him"... he's a fruit loop. Send in SWAT and take away his shit. We're all safer and the gun community is better off without him. End of story.

Oh... DO leave him his nazi helmet. no reason at all to seize that, except the photo op.

*mic drops *

Well put.

I tried to PM the person who asked about "Orient Express", but his box was full.

Certain orgs have been granted license to use prohibited terms without denouncement as racist. The "United Negro College Fund" and "Department of Mental Retardation" come to mine (though MA renamed its DMR to "Department of Developmental Services").

I tried to PM the person who asked about "Orient Express", but his box was full.

Certain orgs have been granted license to use prohibited terms without denouncement as racist. The "United Negro College Fund" and "Department of Mental Retardation" come to mine (though MA renamed its DMR to "Department of Developmental Services").

With regard to Orient/Oriental, my understanding is that you can refer to location or items as oriental, but not people. Not that I care to humor such small minds, haha.

I hope President Trump shuts down that racist United Negro College Fund!!!

I hope President Trump shuts down that racist United Negro College Fund!!!
Why? It survives in private donations.

What IS racist is colleges adding 200 SAT points to a score from a minority, or giving scholarships out based on race rather than other factors such as socioeconomic status.

Why? It survives in private donations.

What IS racist is colleges adding 200 SAT points to a score from a minority, or giving scholarships out based on race rather than other factors such as socioeconomic status.

Or subtracting 200 points if you're from the wrong minority. I guess on college applications I'll have to call my kids American Indians instead of Asians. I mean, I've got a better excuse than some of the folks who have done it!

Just saw new video on 7 snews. They say he did not have a firearms license. (many believe one should not have to but that is current law)

Saw a box full of PMAGs so we will see if he gets jammed for post-ban normal capacity magazines.

WTF are the police doing taking a "Nazi" helmet from the house. (It looked like a fake) It makes as much sense to me as confiscating the guys toaster. [rolleyes]

It makes as much sense to me as confiscating the guys toaster

05174047a4faba893498855f67a7e61bae0ab9-wm.jpg

I saw DA Ryan say he was charged with being an armed career criminal. This, she said, because he had 2 or more prior convictions. That's odd because the definition is one or more prior convictions for certain predicate crimes. The DA does not know the most basic gun crimes?

Let's say that he was recorded (was he? or was he observed only?) throwing banana peel on the driveway. Does that lead to confiscations of guns and ammo? How?
You know why.. Cuz it's MA, where everything/anything can lead to confiscation of guns and ammo..unless you're a cop, you know a cop, you're related to a cop, or a state rep, or a...(etc)

This thread is going downhill fast.

Irish isn't a "race"... it's an ethnicity. Negro is a race, like Caucasian.

In terms of Oriental being derogatory: This is a point of debate, even among Asians. Great article from The LA Times by an Oriental chick: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-tsuchiyama-oriental-insult-20160601-snap-story.html

SO... back to the topic of the thread. Given that the guy is a POS. Given that he had the guns illegally. Given that he was harassing his black/African-American/Negro neighbors over the course of time throwing dozens of banana peels on their property. Given that even his parents think he's a taco short of a combo plate... Then, WHY is it wrong to grab his guns and ammo?

Look... I get the "there but for the grace of G-d goes I" argument. But unless you're a nutlog, a PP and a gun collector, who also happens to be a racist with poor enough impulse control that you can't resist showing your "appreciation" for you black neighbors by throwing 40 or 50 bananas on their lawn over the course of a few months.... I think you're not likely to be in the same boat at the suspect here.

I say "**** him"... he's a fruit loop. Send in SWAT and take away his shit. We're all safer and the gun community is better off without him. End of story.

Oh... DO leave him his nazi helmet. no reason at all to seize that, except the photo op.

Why not take his stuff away? 5A is a pretty freaking good reason.

Today, its a dude that is probably a nut job and did own those firearms illegally. Tomorrow it is a legal gun owner that flipped his neighbor off. Media paints him out to be nut job b/c he owns like guns. Oh, the horror. He is a threat to society and makes everyone scerd b/c he flipped his neighbor off.

Nevermind this is MA, so the Constitution doesn't apply anyway.

I think the big problem is everyone is capitalizing on what should really be unknown details. so they got a baddie and all of his things. because they actually ran covert banana detail and and then some old timer manipulation. i think extra effort was used to get this guy. effort that may one day be used on the entirely innocent. now does anyone see why we have checks and balances in place or is it still Lexington Strong?

Why not take his stuff away? 5A is a pretty freaking good reason.

Today, its a dude that is probably a nut job and did own those firearms illegally. Tomorrow it is a legal gun owner that flipped his neighbor off. Media paints him out to be nut job b/c he owns like guns. ...

No need to flip the neighbor off. Antis are posturing hard that the desire to own guns is an anti-social, mental illness that can only end with a suicide or murder.

Regardless of my position on gun ownership and Constitutional Rights to due process and property, I'm glad this guy was satisfied only to slash tires and throw trash at his neighbors, rather than shoot anyone.

It's amazing what some small town "cat in tree" departments will do to solve crime and protect quality of life.

A friend's son had a backpack stolen while swimming at Dug Pond in Natick (near the high school). The PD determined that the area of the theft was covered by one of the DPW cameras; reviewed the video; compared the make/model of cars to one in the high school parking lot; and the had a detective waiting by the miscreant's car to run the Reid method (or something similar) on the kid to get him to say enough to justify an arrest or citation. It went to court, and restitution was ordered (and paid).

It seems to me that the local PD (Natick?) did their job, and your friends son was made whole.

Natick is a small town "cat in a tree " department? Would you have preferred the Natick PD told your buddys kid to go **** himself and buy a new backpack?

It seems to me that the local PD (Natick?) did their job, and your friends son was made whole.

Natick is a small town "cat in a tree " department? Would you have preferred the Natick PD told your buddys kid to go **** himself and buy a new backpack?
My post was intended as a compliment as to the dedication of that particular Natick detective. My use of the term "cat in tree" department was not intended to be negative or a slight in any way. I stole the term from my brother who uses it to describe any police or fire department that will respond to calls for "little things".

The quality of life is better in a town when the PD takes any crimes against persons or property seriously rather than the big city response of "anyone hurt? No? Ok, stop by the station and fill out a form". I know some people in that town who had their car opened at night. The PD reviewed video and also sent someone by to take prints. You're not going to get that kind of attention in Boston if someone breaks into your house and takes all your stuff.

So please don't confuse my use of a particular phrase as a criticism. It is not.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what OPP stands for but PP?...
PP :== Prohibited Person (as it prohibited from gun possession)

Ironic, isn't it? Featured behind the DA is the town's banner - "Birthplace of Liberty". Maybe they'll change it to "And the grave of Liberty as well"?
It is also ironic that the only state quarters with a firearm on the reverse are MA and NJ. (Prominent on the MA one; very small on the NJ one - but it's part of the crossing the Delaware scent)

Anyway, as of right now, a certain FFL in NH who I know quite well, has rec'd 13 trace requests on guns that he had transferred (quite legally) to a NH resident, which guns I suspect ended up with the banana bandit. Jack.

I feel bad for that ffl. Lots of scrutiny for a crime that's not his.

I feel bad for that ffl. Lots of scrutiny for a crime that's not his.
Ya theyll hassle the ffls but decline to prosicute on the staw purchase or at best pleaded away...and you can be a double PP.

Id say i can see the future but all i really see is how things are playing out in the present and apply it to the furture.

Back
Top Bottom