• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns taken from home of man accused of tossing banana peels on neighbor's lawn

Word is he's unlicensed, and they expect the number of counts to increase after they examine the guns. They think some might be replicas.

Dude from Lexington, I have some questions for you. Do you know this Tarbell Avenue? Is it possible that somebody who is running can possibly throw banana peel in the wooded area behind a chain link fence?

Robert Ivarson (father has a same name as a suspect) and his wife purchased their house in 1969 for $10K. Estimated price for that 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom house, is over $400K now. Right across the street from them is newly renovated house for over $1M.

I would assume that Robert Ivarson spent his entire life on Tarbell Avenue. In one of media articles neighbor is quoted sharing surprise that Robert Ivarson has issues with the law. That is quite confusing.

What is also confusing that ALLEGEDLY Robert Ivarson deposited over 30-40 banana peels in 2016. Video surveillance captured him in the morning throwing banana peel on the driveway. On January 3rd Robert is arraigned on 3 counts of civil right violations. Judge is asking him to stay away from guns (?). On January 6th they enter the house and report 10 and then over 80 guns. They come back for ammunition later.

I am very stupid and I do not get this.

Last edited:
Dude from Lexington, I have some questions for you. Do you know this Tarbell Avenue? Is it possible that somebody who is running can possibly throw banana peel in the wooded area behind a chain link fence?

Robert Ivarson (father has a same name as a suspect) and his wife purchased their house in 1969 for $10K. Estimated price for that 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom house, is over $400K now. Right across the street from them is newly renovated house for over $1M.

I would assume that Robert Ivarson spent his entire life on Tarbell Avenue. In one of media articles neighbor is quoted sharing surprise that Robert Ivarson has issues with the law. That is quite confusing.

What is also confusing that ALLEGEDLY Robert Ivarson deposited over 30-40 banana peels in 2016. Video surveillance captured him in the morning throwing banana peel on the driveway. On January 3rd Robert is arraigned on 3 counts of civil right violations. Judge is asking him to stay away from guns (?). On January 6th they enter the house and report 10 and then over 80 guns. They come back for ammunition later.

I am very stupid and I do not get this.

something is real fishy here, these "neighboors" are actually across the street and few houses down, 31 is listed as owned by Lexington housing authority, so it's probably section 8 or affordable housing.

Dude's house is about $700k (zillow is usually high, but you got 1.2mil 1.5mil houses stone throw away), probably the most affordable on the block. Also seems like he got some oriental and middle-eastern neighbors as well.

from video, rifles looked Fudd like.

There is a lesson to be learned here, folks. If you are truly an open minded, progressive individual who sees the world colorless and judges their fellow humans on the basis of their personal conduct and external character, you shall own semi automatic rifles that take "large capacity" magazines.

If you only own a bunch of revolvers, bolt action rifles, and pump action shotguns, you're probably a xenophobic racist, a neophyte to the proper tools of a polite society.

you take that shit back! [laugh]

attachment.php

I see two crates of 7.62x54r and one more of 39 or 54, this dude was packing the right shit.

something is real fishy here, these "neighboors" are actually across the street and few houses down, 31 is listed as owned by Lexington housing authority, so it's probably section 8 or affordable housing.

Dude's house is about $700k (zillow is usually high, but you got 1.2mil 1.5mil houses stone throw away), probably the most affordable on the block. Also seems like he got some oriental and middle-eastern neighbors as well.

Holy crap. Town's are buying and maintaining section 8 housing in single family homes on blocks with home values in the millions? Even for MA that's ****ed.

Also does anyone else find it ironic that logo of Lex police includes silhouette of a minuteman standing over confiscated guns because of banana peels?

Holy crap. Town's are buying and maintaining section 8 housing in single family homes on blocks with home values in the millions? Even for MA that's ****ed.

Actually that IS ****ed up. Usually Housing authority contracts landlords for section 8 housing, they don't own the houses that are worth over half a mil and renting it to a family who by most contracts won't be paying more than 80% of their "income" ... and that's including all utilities.

lso seems like he got some oriental and middle-eastern neighbors as well.
Didn't you get the memo? "Oriental" went out with "negro" and "colored". In order not to be denounced as racist, you must use the term "Asian".

I would guess that story may possibly go like this; Dude lives on Tarbell Avenue with his parents from 1969. Few years ago somebody purchased house right across the street from them. Maybe that somebody decides to rent this house. Dude is not very careful and talks to a local policeman about "section 8". He also talked to some lady with the dog about hunting dogs with bow and arrow. He is also captured on the surveillance camera throwing banana peel on the driveway in the early morning wearing ""hoodie".

Does this warrant a bomb squad and everything else what followed?

Didn't you get the memo? "Oriental" went out with "negro" and "colored". In order not to be denounced as racist, you must use the term "Asian".

damn, sorry, let me hide my bananas and waffenamp marked guns before bombsquad shows up at my door.

but my point was it seems like he got plenty of non-aryans to pick on.

10 whole guns? Rookie.

Fox25 just now had the footage from the press conference. 83 firearms, 53 pounds of black powder, large capacity feeding devices, and 10k rounds of ammunition. I feel so much safer now.

Actually that IS ****ed up. Usually Housing authority contracts landlords for section 8 housing, they don't own the houses that are worth over half a mil and renting it to a family who by most contracts won't be paying more than 80% of their "income" ... and that's including all utilities.
Not that unusual. Framingham has bought, renovated, and then sold houses to low income families. Other towns will buy and rent to low income. Sometimes housing developments are required to provide affordable housing, similar to how new apartment buildings are, in order to get development approved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yup.

remember, Mass is the state where the President's aunt lived in Section 8 housing, received a disability income as permanently disabled "software programmer", all while being an illegal alien fighting deportation.

what a country.

Last edited:
damn, sorry, let me hide my bananas and waffenamp marked guns before bombsquad shows up at my door.
No problem. Approved vocabulary can change any time without notice.

Sometimes housing developments are required to provide affordable housing, similar to how new apartment buildings are, in order to get development approved.
One way for a developer to show up to the planning board and be able to truthfully say "Have a seat gentlemen, I am not here to negotiate but to tell you what I am going to build" is to find a town with less than 10% certified "affordable" housing, then propose a development with a certain percent of "affordable" housing under a state issued "comprehensive permit".

Comprehensive permits are often used as a threat (as in "give me the variance I seek, or I will build high density apartments, make 25% of them affordable, and give you the socioeconomic diversity you all think is so good for other towns").

Last edited:
bananna peals on the lawn...

a slippery slope?

- - - Updated - - -

yup.

remember, Mass is the state where the President's aunt lived in Section 8 housing, received a disability income as permanently disabled "software programmer", all while being an illegal alien fighting deportation.

what a country.

you did not seriously think the president's aunt would get deported, did you? Deporting her would require a whole string of political hacks who did NOT sniff Obama's butt...good luck finding those

It's almost as ****ed up as the State via the DTA paying for shitloads of people to live in low end hotels at costs that
easily outstrip rentals in the same area where the hotel is located.

-Mike

It's almost as ****ed up as the State via the DTA paying for shitloads of people to live in low end hotels at costs that
easily outstrip rentals in the same area where the hotel is located.

-Mike

Yup, I used to work with a guy who busted his ass and over time who purchased and renovated seven homes in Wareham(IIRC) as rentals who used to get calls from Boston all the time about renting them. He said they would usually 2-2½x what he was charging for rent because there was some regulation/law saying they had to pay whatever the rate was from where they were relocating folks from. Whatever the rent for a 4br 3 bath was in say Roxbury would be the rent he was paid.

When I had left he still hadn't taken them up on any of their offers to the point he was told he was going to be investigated for not renting to minorities, what they didn't know was that he was black and 5 out of 7 of his tenants were minorities. [laugh]

The guy was just helping them compost, give em a break?!?!

Guy I work with has a nice rental home in a neighborhood on a lake, with beach rights, etc. Few years back he was in a pinch after a tenant moved out, so ended up renting to a section 8 bitch, single mom, hot piece but a total mental case. He liked the guaranteed check in the mail every month. She was supposed to pay like a deductible every month on top of the state check 100 bucks or so, nothing serious, but she barely ever did and he still had enough to cover his mortgage. Well, crazy got crazy, his bay window got trashed, brand new drop ceiling in basement destroyed for some reason, holes in doors, walls, etc. Neighbors were complaining to him about his tenant, etc. he couldn't evict!! She eventually left and he had no recourse to hold her accountable for all the significant damage. He will never do section 8 again, despite the guaranteed check.

Is it possible that he or his dad had firearms for a long time? Since before there were license requirements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And never got a license? Or the license expired, never renewed but firearms remained?

The worst part is he seems to have kept ammo in Tidy Cat tubs. I find that disturbing. They're not turds for God's sake.

It's the black neighbors who should have the guns.

Yes! You might know that gun control was initiated by white southern democrats to keep guns away from blacks so they couldn't defend themselves against white racists.

and btw, I take my kids trick/treating on Tarbell (we live near there) and we never got bananas! [smile]

And never got a license? Or the license expired, never renewed but firearms remained?

There is a possibility that he had a license and lost it in the past. He had a girlfriend some time ago and there were some issues with that situation. This case is closed for me. You do not do what he has done.

Back
Top Bottom