• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun nut in fatigues films himself walking into Walmart carrying an assault rifle

Being a dumbass and making bad decisions.

Still not illegal but I get what you mean. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. Remember that the sheep have more say with politicians than you. In this case too many recent events that made this a very bad idea.

Sounds like someone was looking to leave behind a "suicide-by-police" settlement for his family.

Each one of these questionable decisions taken individually (wearing BDUs, body armor and open carry of an AR) may have raised concern and a possible police interaction, but wouldnt have necessarily caused a red-flag response --> all together and this f-tard was looking to cause panic and get ventilated

blurred out picture of the asshat here

Pure speculation......PROVE IT!

Still not illegal but I get what you mean. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. Remember that the sheep have more say with politicians than you. In this case too many recent events that made this a very bad idea.

So is walking down Blue Hill Avenue at any time of the day or night. Live by the rule of law not the rule of emotions, it works better for everyone.

Isn't it amazing that an AR-15 in the hands of your average citizen is always an "ASSAULT RIFLE" But in the hands of police it's always a "PATROL RIFLE"?? But there' no double standards.[thumbsup]right!!!!
Same thing with "club" or "blunt instrument" vs "baton".

Let's all move to Israel!

I was going to post something similar last night but got diverted. Amazing the difference in cultural norms isn't it?

Nothing against Jews, I love them, but most Jews in the U.S. couldn't mentally handle it.

We operate on the rule of law, not the rule of "dumb" or the rule "triggered feelings" of emotional basket cases. IT CANNOT BE BOTH WAYS.

You're so wrong on this. We no longer operate on the rule of law. Sanctuary cities, illegal immigration, comey, hillary, obama, fbi leaks, maura healy, democrats...........

Hey! Open-carry dumbasses! You're not helping! Wonder if this academic superstar was over 25...[pot]

Here in MA, both him and the off-duty FF would have been arrested. No doubt in my mind.

Just because you "can" doesn't mean you should. Classic dumbass. If you don't feel safe enough at WM to leave your AR at home, maybe you shouldn't go to WM.

i'd like to know how many times you've strapped on the body armor, hung 5 or six 30 rounders on your chest and slung an ar over you're shoulder to go shopping at wal-mart to prove your point? just askin', not trying to pick a fight. :)

I do that every time I go in for my ltc renewal. :D

Sounds like someone was looking to leave behind a "suicide-by-police" settlement for his family.

Each one of these questionable decisions taken individually (wearing BDUs, body armor and open carry of an AR) may have raised concern and a possible police interaction, but wouldnt have necessarily caused a red-flag response --> all together and this f-tard was looking to cause panic and get ventilated

blurred out picture of the asshat here

"Police then say the man walked into the Walmart: Neighborhood Market where he grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone."

Aside from the fact Missouri became a constitutional carry state in January 2017 and no permit is required to openly or conceal carry a firearm. IMO his attire and his actions (especially while filming himself) is a strong indicator he's not playing with a full-deck and demonstrated his intention to cause chaos and panic to others around him.

Curious, does anyone know if the Walmart store at that location has signage prohibiting the carrying of firearms on premises? Regardless, I suspect Missouri (like many other states) has a law in the books to charge persons who incite or cause panic, which if it does, I imagine this chuckle-head will be charged in accordance with that alone and nothing further.

Yeah, with how semi auto rifles are the most used gun for mass shooters, I've concluded if I see someone carrying one and they go into a crowded place where they could take a lot of lives, if I was a cop and saw it, I would start shooting and call it self defense.

JFC. What forum am I on here?!?

Not to hijack the thread, but how many times has Walmart been in the news during the last two weeks? I think I've counted no less than five separate incidents.

Walmart employee's son, 31, called in threat to 'shoot up' store, prompting evacuation

Authorities in Florida made an arrest Sunday after a Tampa-area Walmart store received a threat that prompted the evacuation of customers, according to reports.

The suspect, identified as Wayne Lee Padgett, 31, allegedly called and threatened to “shoot up” the Gibsonton store Sunday afternoon, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said in confirming the arrest. Padgett's mother is an employee of the store, Sheriff Chad Chronister told Tampa Bay's FOX 13.

From Walmart employee's son, 31, called in threat to 'shoot up' store, prompting evacuation, authorities say

His actions were stupid and making excuses because it was "legal" doesn't make it any less stupid.
In fact I'd say his actions boarder on an inability to make rational decisions (a mental health problem).

There is a line between protesting and recklessly trying to create fear in others, and he crossed it by miles.

Agreed. I am fairly certain many states will have a law in their books that prohibit a person(s) from inducing or causing panic. I suspect at the end of the day, this chuckle-head will be charged with that and nothing else. Assuming he did not violate any signage law, which Missouri enforces based on what I've read.

I know that chest beating makes you look tough but a smart person should know when to fight and when to retreat.

No need to retreat, I wouldn't be there on a bet, I'd avoid Blue Hill Ave. at all costs as I would any bad part of any major city.

I'm not chest bearing, I'm just pointing out the drastic differences in how people live, think and react to some situations in different parts of the country. Guns are not the evil boogey man down here like they are viewed to be by a propagandized public and governments in commie run police states like MA, NJ, NY, CA, IL, OR, WA, etc.

Just because you "can" doesn't mean you should. Classic dumbass. If you don't feel safe enough at WM to leave your AR at home, maybe you shouldn't go to WM.

My biggest concern shopping in Walmart are the rude a$$holes who don't have the manners or class to cover their mouths to suppress their coughs and the cashiers who lick their fingers to open a bag on the rack instead of using the store supplied container of bees wax on their counter. Other than that, I have no issues.

meh, reading all this back and forth all I can add is that if you go looking for trouble, you're likely to find it. I chalk this up to "Look at meeeeeee".

Reminds me of a thread a good bit back, NES'r lives in a nice neighborhood and there is someone unknown to him walking down his street with a rifle slung across his back. The thread then devolves into calling the cops, hes a threat, bla bla bla. Total 180 here cause I guess it's far enough away from home.

Let's all move to Israel!

iu

"Police then say the man walked into the Walmart: Neighborhood Market where he grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone."

Aside from the fact Missouri became a constitutional carry state in January 2017 and no permit is required to openly or conceal carry a firearm. IMO his attire and his actions (especially while filming himself) is a strong indicator he's not playing with a full-deck and demonstrated his intention to cause chaos and panic to others around him.

Curious, does anyone know if the Walmart store at that location has signage prohibiting the carrying of firearms on premises? Regardless, I suspect Missouri (like many other states) has a law in the books to charge persons who incite or cause panic, which if it does, I imagine this chuckle-head will be charged in accordance with that alone and nothing further.

The first words out of the mouth of a legal instructor when attending the TX uniformed police academy was "You can never prove intent"

We've almost reached all the standard ones.

PSGWSP.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Open carry doesn't help our cause.
People who open carry are morons.
People who open carry only do it for attention.
I support the Second Amendment, but open carry should be illegal.
Guns are scary. If I saw someone carrying a gun I'd run away/call the cops/shoot them.

Back
Top Bottom