• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun nut in fatigues films himself walking into Walmart carrying an assault rifle

Probably looking to get into a confrontation with the cops so he could sue later. We're in a propoganda war and this idiocy only makes us look like out of touch loons, it's so perfect that I suspect he might be a lefty trying to make a statement.

Only if you live in a police state.

The term "Printing" in gun friendly states isn't something used in carry discussions because most people who live there never worry about it and the cops couldn't care less.

OC and CC isn't really used either. We simply carry. It doesn't matter if it's in your pants, on your belt or hanging from a string around your neck.

Imo it's just as likely this kid is antifa as an open carry activist. The more sensational stories that end up in the news the more restrictions we face going forward. Wouldn't put it past the left to pull stunts with guns for the purpose of getting them banned.

I saw a comment elsewhere and I can't really tell from the blurry picture, but are there sights on that rifle?

He's smarter than you think.

Mmm. I’ll take your word for it, maybe, but I’ve been hearing that about other “Republicans” with bad hair for a few years now and I’m less and less sure I buy it.

I was going to post something similar last night but got diverted. Amazing the difference in cultural norms isn't it?

Nothing against Jews, I love them, but most Jews in the U.S. couldn't mentally handle it.

The attached was a common sight in Ireland when I was growing up. It's a British Soldier on patrol in Northern Ireland. No one passed a bit of regards, nothing to see here, moving on. However, Mr AR Walmart's timing sucks...but it's still only a gun.

Attachments

• 02fb7e8b1a6f81398c8eec42d18ab603--british-army-northern-ireland.jpg
    02fb7e8b1a6f81398c8eec42d18ab603--british-army-northern-ireland.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 31
The attached was a common sight in Ireland when I was growing up. It's a British Soldier on patrol in Northern Ireland. No one passed a bit of regards, nothing to see here, moving on. However, Mr AR Walmart's timing sucks...but it's still only a gun.
A soldier patrolling on duty is a bit different than some wanker who just got out of his mother's basement going all tacticool to shop at Walmart.

A week after 2 major mass shootings that are still in the news, you pull this stunt?

not the time or place to make your point

Particularly in light of of El Paso?

but this you don't do a few days after a week that saw 2 shootings in public.

However, Mr AR Walmart's timing sucks...but it's still only a gun.

Not the time? If after three mass shootings isn’t the right time to be armed, then there is no time, and you don’t actually support the bear arms portion of the Second Amendment.

Apparently now one can be an "active shooter" without even shooting or threatening to shoot. For the fearful, the existence of a firearm is equivalent to shooting. Good thing to remember for anyone who might print or otherwise be detected carrying in public.

Yep. Apparently people here don’t understand either the word active or shooter. The more I read threads on NES the more I realize many of the posters here are exactly like the people they often complain about. In hypotheticals, they always support the right to keep and bear arms. But in nearly every actual example of bearing arms become totally against it. The typical MA leftist.

this kind of stunt becomes more common, I would expect that the ability to open carry become more restricted.

That’s what people always say here on NES in every open carry thread. Yet somehow when everyone was saying this about Texas, Texas didn’t make it more restrictive, they made it less restrictive and open carrying of handguns became legal. Weird.

Follow-up...

Police in Missouri identified the armed suspect that entered a Springfield Walmart on Thursday as 20-year-old Dmitriy Nickolayvich Andreychenko, who was reportedly stopped at gunpoint by an off-duty firefighter before being taken into custody by police.

miss_mug.jpg

His mugshot

Andreychenko was booked into the Greene County Jail at around 9:14 p.m. on an arresting charge of making a terroristic threat in the first degree, according to booking information from the Greene County Sheriff’s Office.

MISS_GUN_IG1.jpg

Andreychenko posted this picture to his now-private Instagram less than a week before Thursday's incident.

According to a Facebook page that appeared to be Andreychenko’s, he is originally from Portland, Oregon but lives with his wife in Springfield. He studied EMS/EMT at Ozarks Technical Community College.

Here's a couple of other photos of this Mensa candidate...
MISS_MUG1.jpg

miss_mug2.jpg

miss_gun_ig2.jpg

Follow-up...

Police in Missouri identified the armed suspect that entered a Springfield Walmart on Thursday as 20-year-old Dmitriy Nickolayvich Andreychenko, who was reportedly stopped at gunpoint by an off-duty firefighter before being taken into custody by police.

miss_mug.jpg

His mugshot

Andreychenko was booked into the Greene County Jail at around 9:14 p.m. on an arresting charge of making a terroristic threat in the first degree, according to booking information from the Greene County Sheriff’s Office.

MISS_GUN_IG1.jpg

Andreychenko posted this picture to his now-private Instagram less than a week before Thursday's incident.

According to a Facebook page that appeared to be Andreychenko’s, he is originally from Portland, Oregon but lives with his wife in Springfield. He studied EMS/EMT at Ozarks Technical Community College.

Here's a couple of other photos of this Mensa candidate...
MISS_MUG1.jpg

miss_mug2.jpg

miss_gun_ig2.jpg

Those charges are never going to stick and both the PD and the FF will be paying this guy big big bucks when all is said and done. He threatened nobody and broke no laws, not even trespass because the store had no signage prohibiting carry.

1. A person commits the offense of making a terrorist threat in the first degree if such person, with the purpose of frightening ten or more people or causing the evacuation, quarantine or closure of any portion of a building, inhabitable structure, place of assembly or facility of transportation, knowingly:

(1) Communicates an express or implied threat to cause an incident or condition involving danger to life; or

(2) Communicates a false report of an incident or condition involving danger to life; or

(3) Causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life.

2. The offense of making a terrorist threat in the first degree is a class D felony.

3. No offense is committed under this section by a person acting in good faith with the purpose to prevent harm.

571.030 Unlawful use of weapons — exceptions — penalties. — 1. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons, except as otherwise provided by sections 571.101 to 571.121, if he or she knowingly:
(4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner

Simply carrying a slung rifle would not seem meet the statutory requirements of the charge, especially since there are laws SPECIFICALLY about unlawful use of weapons, in which the requirement is that he exhibits it in an angry or threatening manner.

Now I listened to a police spokesman say it got called in as an active shooter, when it wasn't, which coincidentally could actually be a crime, if not done under "good faith with the purpose to prevent harm."

Not the time? If after three mass shootings isn’t the right time to be armed, then there is no time, and you don’t actually support the bear arms portion of the Second Amendment.

It's called reality. What is the goal? Reality dictates that the likelihood of progressing a less restrictive gun agenda is not forwarded by walking into a Walmart dressed like GI Joe with an AR strapped on your back just days after a Walmart got shot up.

Do you honestly believe he did that as a means of self protection or for attention seeking purposes? If the former, he exhibits a clear lack of self awareness. If the latter, his actions bring forth the wrong attention, the kind that hurts our collective goal.

If you wanna block that reality out with roooo raaaa f*** em don't tread on me talk, you're 1) preaching to the wrong crowd and 2) more hurtful to the cause than helpful.

You can't let emotions cloud good judgement. It's common sense...wrong place and time to make a statement about exercising your right via open carry. Why don't we treat the current situation with the only proven acute treatment at calming down the reactionary opposition: incident-free time. Then, when their twitter feeds go back to the normal BS, go back to walking around like a shopping mall navy seal.

It's called reality. What is the goal?

Of carrying a gun?

Reality dictates that the likelihood of progressing a less restrictive gun agenda is not forwarded by walking into a Walmart dressed like GI Joe with an AR strapped on your back just days after a Walmart got shot up.

Why does there need to be an agenda?

Do you honestly believe he did that as a means of self protection or for attention seeking purposes? If the former, he exhibits a clear lack of self awareness. If the latter, his actions bring forth the wrong attention, the kind that hurts our collective goal.

1. I'm not him, I don't know.
2. It doesn't matter.
3. "Our collective goal"? Awfully presumptuous. These open carry threads continually prove that whatever your goal is, is not the same as mine, which is simply the support of the right to keep and bear arms. Which means I don't care at all how or where someone does it.

If you wanna block that reality out with roooo raaaa f*** em don't tread on me talk, you're 1) preaching to the wrong crowd and 2) more hurtful to the cause than helpful.

Again, clearly what you think is "the cause" is not the same thing. And if supporting the second amendment on a firearms forum is "preaching to the wrong crowd" than we are in a world of trouble.

You can't let emotions cloud good judgement.

That's ironic, I was thinking the same thing.

It's common sense...

Good point. We need some common sense gun laws to prevent things like this! Again, is this a gun forum or Occupy Democrats or something?

wrong place and time to make a statement about exercising your right via open carry.

If you think there is a right and wrong time and place to exercise a right, you don't understand what having the right to do something means.

Those charges are never going to stick and both the PD and the FF will be paying this guy big big bucks when all is said and done. He threatened nobody and broke no laws, not even trespass because the store had no signage prohibiting carry.

I'm not so sure about that...

Missouri considers a terrorist threat to be one which frightens more than ten people, which this guy clearly did. However the argument is, was this a "terrorist threat"?

By some a "terroristic threat" can be defined as a threat to commit a crime of violence with the intent to terrorize another, to cause a building to be evacuated, or to cause serious public panic or inconvenience made with reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror and/or inconvenience. It can also be defined as “making a willful, unequivocal threat with the specific intent to cause people reasonable fear.

Some state laws have a very narrow definition of terroristic threat, meaning the threat must be very specific and direct, while other states have a more broad definition, allowing even the most negligently made threats to be worthy of prosecution.

Having said the above, it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

He was paid to do it.

The more gas added to the anti gun fire the better.....for the lefties.

He was paid to do it.

The more gas added to the anti gun fire the better.....for the lefties.
I think he's just a kid that made a piss poor decision. I would have never guessed he was married. Well he is right now. The next Mrs. Andreychenko will be more forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom