Gun nut in fatigues films himself walking into Walmart carrying an assault rifle

Reptile

NES Member
A GUN nut dressed in fatigues filmed himself walking into a Walmart in the US carrying an assault weapon and 100 rounds.

The man, described as white and aged in his twenties, was detained by an off-duty firefighter who held the suspect at gunpoint.

Gun nut films himself walking into Walmart with assault weapon and 100 rounds

Some people would say that a reasonably minded ARMED CCW carrier would have shot him on sight.

Would it have been appropriate to tackle and subdue this person?

OK not the smartest thing to do, and he did not help our cause, but exactly what law did he break?

Anyone up to date on Missouri open carry laws?

Missouri allows open carry without a permit, so long as the firearm is not displayed in an angry or threatening manner. Some localities prohibit open carry; however, concealed carry license holders are exempted from this restriction

So who broke more laws, the person who pulled the fire alarm? The off duty FF who detained the armed youth at gunpoint? Or the Youth with the weapon?

Under the circumstances, whoever would choose to neutralize him, would be called a hero.

If somebody walked into a crowded restaurant filled with off duty cops, dressed like that and yelled Alla Snackbar they too may have been shot.

Even if no laws were broken, from the perspective of self defense, all dressed up with a rifle, he’s outside the baseline in a Walmart. One to watch and some will react, flight or fight, as we see here.

If the guy was straight up shot in the melon and dropped dead on the floor - do you think the CCW who shot him would be charged?

Open Carry of an AR might be legal in that state, but what if somebody pulled that stunt in Massachusetts?

Amazing how the CNN article fails to mention that the off-duty fireman that detained the suspect did it by drawing his legally carried concealed weapon on the guy until police got there.

I'm sure the MSM is VERY relieved he's a firefighter. They're close to a protected class everywhere.

I want some housewife to neutralize one of these people.

Amazing how the CNN article fails to mention that the off-duty fireman that detained the suspect did it by drawing his legally carried concealed weapon on the guy until police got there.
They made sure to mention firefighter. What if he was a plumber?
Because...
"Good guy" = firefighter = government = only government should be armed.

Gun nut in fatigues films himself walking into Walmart carrying an assault rifle

Not exactly the same as Michael Jackson Moon-walking into a Child World... But close.

"Suspect" what crime was he suspected of engaging in?
Exactly. Given the dangers of Walmart these days, I’m not sure that body armor and ARs are a bad wardrobe choice.

Not something I’d try, but he’s gonna get paid by Walmart and the town. And the firefighter. Lawyer up kid, you’ll be on easy street.

Exactly. Given the dangers of Walmart these days, I’m not sure that body armor and ARs are a bad wardrobe choice.

Not something I’d try, but he’s gonna get paid by Walmart and the town. And the firefighter. Lawyer up kid, you’ll be on easy street.

Maybe his house will be raided by undercover firefighters and arrested after being beaten with a firehose.

A week after 2 major mass shootings that are still in the news, you pull this stunt? I don't care what the overall position you have towards open carry. This is just stupid on so many levels.

Then again, I think open carry is moronic anyway, unless it's the only way you can carry, then I can go along with it.

I see people open carrying handguns in Walmart around here all the time, its not illegal by law and not prohibited by the store and nobody bats an eye at it.
We have constitutional concealed carry here now as of July 1st, no permit needed. Open carry has always been legal and its no big thing. Regular PP laws still apply.

Walking into Walmart with a rifle at the high or low ready might capture some attention but at sling arms nobody would even turn their head. There's a dozen times as many gun dealers around here as there are Walmarts and people are seen carrying guns to and from their cars all the time.....nobody gets their panties in a wad.

I hope the guy lawyers up and sues and I hope he wins. He didn't break any laws, he just hurt peoples feelings.
There should be millions more just like him camped out on the national mall, armed and armored until the feds obey the constitution.

Last edited:
I see people open carrying handguns in Walmart around here all the time, its not illegal by law and not prohibited by the store and nobody bats an eye at it.
We have constitutional concealed carry here now as of July 1st, no permit needed. Open carry has always been legal and its no big thing. Regular PP laws still apply.

Walking into Walmart with a rifle at the high or low ready might capture some attention but at sling arms nobody would even turn their head. There's a dozen times as many gun dealers around here as there are Walmarts and people are seen carrying guns to and from their cars all the time.....nobody gets their panties in a wad.

Back in Idaho you'd see people carrying at Walmart all the time, occasionally rifles. It was almost mandatory. Makes sense since they sell guns! I wonder what would happen if someone buys a rifle there and walks out. Will it make news these days? Pathetic.

A week after 2 major mass shootings that are still in the news, you pull this stunt? I don't care what the overall position you have towards open carry. This is just stupid on so many levels.

Then again, I think open carry is moronic anyway, unless it's the only way you can carry, then I can go along with it.

Then why do police open carry? For easy access?

Some people who have limited shoulder mobility open carry because they can't move their arm across to pull up a coat or shirt to draw a gun. They really don't have a choice.

Others with normal mobility open carry for the same reason as the police do.....easy access.

I don't care how or what people carry, it's their business.

Morons like him add fuel to the fire. There are enough liberal Democrat Donkeys who want to outlaw all of our guns, even our air rifles, and send us back into the Fred Flintstone stone age of bows, arrows, spears and slingshots.

No, you add fuel to the fire by cringing at every "Boo" the left makes about your guns....and they sit back and laugh.

You are conditioned, likely beyond repair. The left is never going to stop their attack on guns so the best thing you can do is stand up to them and defy them. Give them a big middle finger every chance you get. When they outlaw guns(which they will never accomplish) then just become the best outlaw you can be. You will have plenty of good company.

Last edited:
Absolutely not!

In doing so the burdeon of defense has shifted to yourself- you have assaulted him! God forbid he draws a ccw and shoots you, it'd be completely justified.
Maybe not in the state this happened in.

Here is another scenario...

In Massachusetts, a guy wearing a trench coat and body armor and a mask walks into restaurant. He also has an AK.

If you happen to be sitting by the door - would you wait for him to start shooting before you tackle him?

Or, would you be a sheep and wait to see what he does.

I would gander that a reasonable person who has self defense skills and was trained in counter ambush would tackle the man.

Granted, Maura will arrest you, but if you can articulate in front of a jury, knowing what you know, you will likely be found not guilty and get by with your life and your families life intact.

At least in Massachusetts, people don't wear that sort of attire an carry an AK with good intentions.

Back
Top Bottom