• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Club Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad to see how many people agree with someone shooting lead through the American flag. If you disgrace the flag, then in many people's opinions - the rights that exist in the US do not pertain to you. I'm not sorry in the least bit for defending our flag. I know what it stands for. The people who shot it do not care what it stands for. So, they can **** off.

Dude, nobody is saying they like shooting the American flag! Christ man, what everyone is saying is that you get to express the fact that you are so pissed off because you are FREE to say and pretty much do whatever the **** you want. Because you can say whatever the **** you want, other dudes can say/do whatever the **** they want too, even if that pisses you off to no end. I get it man, you're pissed, but being pissed about the damn flag when the .gov is SERIOUSLY and dangerously out of control, it just sounds ridiculous during these times. Bigger fish to fry comes to mind....but hey, TPTB want to keep you distracted from the REAL issues at hand and it seems to be working.

Ya know, maybe people took my emotion the wrong way. It is what it is. I think that from this I will stop dropping my 2 cents on NES and doing Karma (ya know - the Karma that almost all of you put in on - everything was ok then, right?). I'm obviously looked upon as an evil person so why try to continue to be a productive member of this community. It seems as though you'll get praised up and down for one thought here and burned at the stake for the next.

Last edited:
So what's more important to defend? The tangible symbol of the country, or the rights upon which it was founded?

No one is upset about the cloth itself. It's the symbol it represents. If someone hung a picture of your family member, and shot it, would you just shrug your shoulders and say "eh" or would you be pissed? I'm not sure of anyone's military background, if any, but I was always taught to treat that flag with respect.

I have folded that "tangible" symbol over caskets of fallen men and women who fought for the rights that the flag represents. You can't separate the two. They both go hand in hand.

i defend the constitution. Which is represented by the flag. Therefore, I defend the flag.

I've never once been violent. I have NO criminal record. You are making assumptions.

Let's all remember, defend violently against only imminent threat to life or bodily injury. If someone destroys his own property (such as his American flag), nothing illegal about it. Right? You may condemn verbally but have to let live.

Ya know, maybe people took my emotion the wrong way. It is what it is. I think that from this I will stop dropping my 2 cents on NES and doing Karma. I'm obviously looked upon as an evil person so why try to continue to be a productive member of this community. It seems as though you'll get praised up and down for one thought here and burned at the stake for the next.

who said you were evil?

You are the one making assumptions.

Wow, this is becoming amusing. Try reading a few posts instead of keeping on with the onslaught of attacks. Like I said, everyone was willing to suck the teet for a 1,000 rounds of .223, but now that they didn't win, they will attack. Amazing. This makes for a great sociological experiment.

Can we all sleep over the thread and continue tomorrow? Harpua, you are a good man (I assume you are male). But your first few posts could pretty easily perceived as if you would have beat the flag shooter(s) up. If you review all the posts, carefully, you'll see that we agree that shooting a flag is evil, but protected by law.

No one is upset about the cloth itself. It's the symbol it represents. If someone hung a picture of your family member, and shot it, would you just shrug your shoulders and say "eh" or would you be pissed?

If someone went out of their way to shoot up a picture of me and my family, it probably means I'm doing something right. And yes, I would just shrug my shoulders and say "eh."

Yes, the flag is a symbol. And that symbol represents a country founded on certain beliefs and principles. And one (I'd argue the most important) of those principles is the right to freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

So do you see the hypocrisy when someone wants to prevent someone from exercising their freedom of expression by desecrating a symbol that represents the freedom of expression?

I was taught to respect the flag, too. I have a folded flag over my mantel that means the world to me. But I was also taught to remember what that flag really means. I was taught that by being a citizen of this country, I've sworn an oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

How can you add an asterisk to that?

I just read through a bunch of these posts and honestly there is so much butt hurt all around its retarded!! The OP clearly loves his country and also the American flag for all that it stands for. Many of you may think this country is going down the drain, and it is (thanks to the fed govt) but that doesn't mean you should EVER disrespect the American flag in ANY way. Like others have already said, Many men in the past have sacrificed it all for that flag and men and woman still do it to this day! Those service men and woman may not agree with the political agenda of the war they are currently fighting in but they can all agree that they fight for their family and friends back at home, their fellow brothers in arms, and for the Country they love and the flag that flies over it! There is no excuse for riddling an American flag with bullets. Take the flag and fly it upside down if you think the country is in distress, but do not shoot it! And there seems to be a lot on here who think that since it's a free country, that you're allowed to display you're opinion freely... then let me ask you this. In my opinion, i think its okay to scream "He's got a gun!" while I'm in the movie theaters watching the next batman movie. After all, it is my right to free speech, right?. And if i were to do such a thing, i would be arrested...right? So why is it okay for someone to shoot the American flag and not be punished yet i can't say what ever pops into my mind when i'm at the movie theater? At some point there is a threshold that should never be crossed with out some sort of punishment. Disrespecting the flag like that should be met with a fist to the face at the very least. Preferably a bat to the knee cap. Just my 2 cents....Flame on. Idc.

I just read through a bunch of these posts and honestly there is so much butt hurt all around its retarded!! The OP clearly loves his country and also the American flag for all that it stands for. Many of you may think this country is going down the drain, and it is (thanks to the fed govt) but that doesn't mean you should EVER disrespect the American flag in ANY way. Like others have already said, Many men in the past have sacrificed it all for that flag and men and woman still do it to this day! Those service men and woman may not agree with the political agenda of the war they are currently fighting in but they can all agree that they fight for their family and friends back at home, their fellow brothers in arms, and for the Country they love and the flag that flies over it! There is no excuse for riddling an American flag with bullets. Take the flag and fly it upside down if you think the country is in distress, but do not shoot it! And there seems to be a lot on here who think that since it's a free country, that you're allowed to display you're opinion freely... then let me ask you this. In my opinion, i think its okay to scream "He's got a gun!" while I'm in the movie theaters watching the next batman movie. After all, it is my right to free speech, right?. And if i were to do such a thing, i would be arrested...right? So why is it okay for someone to shoot the American flag and not be punished yet i can't say what ever pops into my mind when i'm at the movie theater? At some point there is a threshold that should never be crossed with out some sort of punishment. Disrespecting the flag like that should be met with a fist to the face at the very least. Preferably a bat to the knee cap. Just my 2 cents....Flame on. Idc.

BINGO! Someone w/ some sense has showed up.

i was too angry to form the words correctly but this guy summed it all up! I wear a flag on my shoulder everyday. Ill be damned if I saw someone shoot it and i did nothing about it!

At some point there is a threshold that should never be crossed with out some sort of punishment. Disrespecting the flag like that should be met with a fist to the face at the very least. Preferably a bat to the knee cap.
Morally yes. But the law is not on your side. Change the law first. Otherwise, be prepared to lose your freedom.

I have just been informed by yet ANOTHER negative rep that I will not be allowed to win this karma:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...south-park-season-10-dvd-set.html#post3003920

Way to stay classy, Harpua. LOL!

What's funny is you think it's fair to stay in the running w/ all the shit you spoke. EXACTLY my theory. People will lap shit up if they receive shit in return. Nobody bitched about any of my threads when I had 1,000 rounds of .223 on the table.

Morally yes. But the law is not on your side. Change the law first. Otherwise, be prepared to lose your freedom.

I tend to live my life by the moral values of life, regardless of what the political law says. In some cases, like the one we are fighting now with the 2nd amendment. We may not be able to change the laws with all these idiots in office. I believe in the 2nd amendment with all my heart because its that amendment that protects all the others. And if we cant change the laws, Should the occasion ever arise....you can bet your ass I will lose my life before I EVER lose my freedom.

Actually, reputation is about, well, reputation. Why would I try to reason with someone who basically throws F bombs all around? If you want to have a discussion, even if you are on losing side, I will positive rep you for the effort. I didn't negative rep you because I didn't agree with you, I did it because you came across as a pissed off violent individual. Clean up your posts and your rep will follow.

Its not about your position or even your values, its about how you do it, and in the end, that is what makes a person's reputation. Plus telling someone they can't win your Karma based on this discussion, also pretty low.

Actually, reputation is about, well, reputation. Why would I try to reason with someone who basically throws F bombs all around? If you want to have a discussion, even if you are on losing side, I will positive rep you for the effort. I didn't negative rep you because I didn't agree with you, I did it because you came across as a pissed off violent individual. Clean up your posts and your rep will follow.

Its not about your position or even your values, its about how you do it, and in the end, that is what makes a person's reputation. Plus telling someone they can't win your Karma based on this discussion, also pretty low.

You know what, bitch? I have plenty of people on my side that you can **** off commie.

You know what, bitch? I have plenty of people on my side that you can **** off commie.

Oh and your negative rep back to me was "what's funny is your ignorance". Now you sound like that Michael Jackson episode of South Park "you are just ignorant!" when you have nothing intelligent to add (fits perfect with that Karma offering). I definitely made the right call!

Oh and your negative rep back to me was "what's funny is your ignorance". Now you sound like that Michael Jackson episode of South Park "you are just ignorant!" when you have nothing intelligent to add (fits perfect with that Karma offering). I definitely made the right call!

What? Now you are sounding like mushmouth. Bow down. I'm sorry you are not an abled bodied man. Keep on with your masturbation and South Park marathon. I feel bad for you.

I don't understand how you give the guy a neg rep for being passionate about a topic. We all get passionate and throw f bombs around from time to time. The guy loves his country and the symbols that represent it.

You can't tell him to clean up his posts. This is a forum where people form opinions and people react to them. You been a member here since 2005 and don't even have 500 posts and you talk about giving reps and what they mean.... Smh.

Harpua has been here for only a couple months, has almost double the amount of post and 4 green bars to your one. I think he understands what rep is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom