• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Club Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As several people have pointed out, we live in a free country, and we've spilled blood, sweat and tears into protecting that freedom, even if we disagree on how that freedom is exercised. However, just because you have a right to say it, does not deprive me the right to judge your character by what you say.

The leadership of the private club that owns the range also has a right to choice who it allows as its members and what character is expects from them. Should the board be able to identify those involved, I would strongly encourage them to exercise their freedom to terminate their membership.

Did they damage any property that wasn't theirs? Was anyone injured? Did they violate an agreement they previously made? Or is this just thought-crime?

Wow - **** OFF

You can cuss me out and send me all the threatening messages you want, I still think you're a hypocrite and need to get over yourself.

I always find it amusing that the people who claim to be the most patriotic can often be the ones with the least tolerance for the First Amendment.

You can cuss me out and send me all the threatening messages you want, I still think you're a hypocrite and need to get over yourself.

I always find it amusing that the people who claim to be the most patriotic can often be the ones with the least tolerance for the First Amendment.

don't piss him off to much, he'll threaten violence against you.

I stand in the "I don't support violence against those I disagree with who do not harm me, my property, or others."

And I will stand right there beside you. Violence is a measure of last resort, when all else fails and inaction threatens significant harm - not someone choosing to destroy their own property, no matter how much you might disagree with it.

I'm sorry I said anything. I'm glad I found out certain things about people on this board though who I thought I was on the same page with. The second you shoot at the American flag, everything that goes with it is out the window in my book (freedom of speech, etc.). There is no point in arguing since people will be on one side or the other and I've obviously pissed off the "other".

well said. I like my freedoms and rights. All of them. Including the first amendment. But when it puts people in fear then I think you crossed a line. I see someone desecrating a flag as a threat to me. People can have opinions on anything they want, but when you start acting out on it it's ridiculous. Especially when you spray lead at a symbol that some of us have paid the ultimate sacrafice for. You have freedoms and rights because of that flag. DONT DISRESPECT IT!

Did they draw any pictures of Muhammad on their shot up flags? If so, that would be a pretty neat little jingoistic / jihadist throw down. Though, oddly, both sides would want to dispose of the flags as a solution...

Again, please try first to find out WHY it was done. Actually I am proud in the fact that something this disgusting is not prosecuted here. In a lot of other countries, the bastard would be sent to jail!

Last edited:
There is no point in arguing since people will be on one side or the other and I've obviously pissed off the "other".

No, feel free to continue. I'm not angry or arguing. I'm disappointed, but thats not a big deal.

Tell us how you support violence when people offend you. I mean that in the least sarcastic way possible. At a minimum it would be entertaining to read, at a maximum you could see how silly you sound.

so you want to harm someone for excercising thier 1st ammendment right? How would you feel if all the libs were trying to harm us for us excercising our 2nd ammendment rights? a little hypocritical no?

I see someone desecrating a flag as a threat to me.

The whole point of the First Amendment is to protect people who want to speak out in a way that's disrespectful, insulting, even threatening.

Now I'm not saying these two jackasses (yes, I think they're jackasses, but I support their right to be jackasses) were making some political statement. They're probably just idiots. But as Americans we have a duty to uphold the Constitution, even when the Constitution allows people to behave in a way that shakes us to our very core.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are as vehemently opposed to gun ownership as you are to flag desecration.

Last edited:
I'm sad to see how many people agree with someone shooting lead through the American flag. If you disgrace the flag, then in many people's opinions - the rights that exist in the US do not pertain to you. I'm not sorry in the least bit for defending our flag. I know what it stands for. The people who shot it do not care what it stands for. So, they can **** off.

I'm sad to see how many people agree with someone shooting lead through the American flag. If you disgrace the flag, then in many people's opinions - the rights that exist in the US do not pertain to you. I'm not sorry in the least bit for defending our flag. I know what it stands for. The people who shot it do not care what it stands for. So, they can **** off.
i don't think a single person here agrees with it, what they are trying to say that yes it is morally wrong but to violently harm someone because of it is tyrannical.

i don't think a single person here agrees with it, what they are trying to say that yes it is morally wrong but to violently harm someone because of it is tyrannical.

Point is - I'm not trying to sound like a tyrant. NOT AT ALL. I'm trying to defend the country I LOVE, yet I've been receiving nothing but negativity.

I'm sad to see how many people agree with someone shooting lead through the American flag.

I don't think anyone here "agrees" with it. I think most people here support their right to do it.

Just as I support your right to bitch and moan about it.

And I support the right of everyone else to laugh at you both, because you're both idiots.

Point is - I'm not trying to sound like a tyrant. NOT AT ALL. I'm trying to defend the country I LOVE, yet I've been receiving nothing but negativity.

ok lets go over this from a point of view other than you.

You don't sound like a tyrant, I'll give you that.
You sound like a violent person.

So what's more important to defend? The tangible symbol of the country, or the rights upon which it was founded?

@ Dench & @ TonyDedo - we won't agree, so why keep arguing? I didn't personally attack anyone here, yet all of you attacked me and I'm the angry one.

- - - Updated - - -

I hike often, it's good for the mind and body. Relaxing too, try it sometime internet commando!

YOU on the other hand can **** off. Pay and contribute freeloader. I've given away 1,000 rounds of .223, what have you done?

Defending natural rights is a good thing. Defending symbolic representation of those rights by attacking the rights themselves is, at best, puzzling.

YOU on the other hand can **** off. Pay and contribute freeloader. I've given away 1,000 rounds of .223, what have you done?

I've not acted like aggressive, violent gun owner. You play into the stereotype many anti-gunners like to promote. You are your own worst enemy.

I can understand Harpua's sentiment against the incident. But I'm so glad that you were not there when it happened. Things could have been escalated to something out of control had you been there. I've been involved in road rage that I might have drawn my weapon, but afterwards was happy that I didn't.
Carrying a gun means we have greater control over our emotion and anger.

@ Dench & @ TonyDedo - we won't agree, so why keep arguing? I didn't personally attack anyone here, yet all of you attacked me and I'm the angry one.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, because I just got in an argument with my wife over dirty diapers, and I'm kinda cranky, and I need to take it out on someone, and you presented a fine opportunity.

And it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom