GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

I haven't been to the Marlboro show in 4 years, anybody know if there is a "regular" vendor who sells a lot of saiga rifles??? I'm looking to find a saiga308 and don't know if its worth my time to show up as soon as the doors open
They had one at Collectors in Stoneham last Friday.

I'm thinking of building my first AR but am going to be picking up the parts over time. How are the prices for lowers are this show? Is it worth going out there or should I just go to FS and be done with it?

I might swing through sat or sunday morning.
what price should I be looking for on a 20 round AR mag.
I only have one mag so I figure I coudl get a decent price on one but whats the ballpark good price?

Mike

I'm thinking of building my first AR but am going to be picking up the parts over time. How are the prices for lowers are this show? Is it worth going out there or should I just go to FS and be done with it?

Best way to get a lower is to buy one online and have it transferred in. Most of the shops are overpriced, and have limited selection.

-Mike

Best way to get a lower is to buy one online and have it transferred in. Most of the shops are overpriced, and have limited selection.

-Mike

Or keep an eye out on this: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/144983-NES-AR-lowers!

I'm 80% sure this is the lower I'm going to use for my first AR build!

- HP

Looks like I'll be there Sunday morning - first show east of the CT river for me. While I'm certainly expecting a better show than the Big E, I'm curious how it will compare to Tucson?

See y'all there....

I will be there either Saturday or Sunday. I did not make it to the Manchester show a few weeks back, so I would like to go even if just to window shop, and maybe meet a few people. If I buy something, that's cool too.

Damn. I need ammo. Not a huge fan of the dealer at the W Springfield show. Tell me that's not the same one at Marlborough.

We'll be there for our first show as a dealer! We'll have a swell metal laser-cut sign proudly adorning our booth, and some interesting goodies for sale. Best of all we'll have pre-ban mags that are.....actually pre-ban! Hope to see you all at the booth and best of luck at the show!

We'll be there for our first show as a dealer! We'll have a swell metal laser-cut sign proudly adorning our booth, and some interesting goodies for sale. Best of all we'll have pre-ban mags that are.....actually pre-ban! Hope to see you all at the booth and best of luck at the show!

Sweet, I'll be sure to stop by and give ya a hello.

Contact B&K Sales (Natick), "bamp" on NES. I bought one from him at the last Marlboro show. No idea if he'll be doing the show or not, but you can call him tomorrow and ask as well as find out if he has Saiga 308s in stock.

I met Brian and his wife yesterday. They are the nicest people in the world and are gonna take good care of me with regards to my saiga308. He said he would be at the show sometime Sunday. Thanks for the tip Lens

I am still waiting for my MA LTC. Is it worth going to the show to browse, or will I get attitude from the dealers since I do not have my LTC yet??
Thanks from a NOOB

Stewart

Some dealers may "card" you before you pick up a toy, but that's a policy of the individual dealer, not the show. (MisterHappyJr was not permitted to pick up a shotgun at a local dealer...and he helps me teach Trap!) If you're a new shooter, it's a cool experience. There's a lot of stuff to see: new, old, weird.... I've been around these things for a long time, and I always see a new - to - me item, or learn something new.

I'd just not say, "Excuse me, I'm not licensed, so I can't buy anything....can I get my greasy fingers all over your expensive equipment?" Instead, if you see something you are interested in, say, "May I see that one?" If they card you, say it's not in yet....you've lost nothing.

BTW - The Jerky guy does not require ID! [laugh]

You can also join GOAL there - that's a good investment, too.

Some dealers may "card" you before you pick up a toy, but that's a policy of the individual dealer, not the show. (MisterHappyJr was not permitted to pick up a shotgun at a local dealer...and he helps me teach Trap!) If you're a new shooter, it's a cool experience. There's a lot of stuff to see: new, old, weird.... I've been around these things for a long time, and I always see a new - to - me item, or learn something new.

I'd just not say, "Excuse me, I'm not licensed, so I can't buy anything....can I get my greasy fingers all over your expensive equipment?" Instead, if you see something you are interested in, say, "May I see that one?" If they card you, say it's not in yet....you've lost nothing.

BTW - The Jerky guy does not require ID! [laugh]

You can also join GOAL there - that's a good investment, too.

I will stop in and not mention my "in process" LTC.

I am also looking for a local shooting club. Tell me about Southboro......

I am still waiting for my MA LTC. Is it worth going to the show to browse, or will I get attitude from the dealers since I do not have my LTC yet??
Thanks from a NOOB

Stewart

There will be a good selection of whatever you are into. It's a great place to pick what guns you want/don't want to buy when the ltc comes in

Hmm I needed a couple hundred rounds but if the ammo selection sucks then I'll get it somewhere else.

Walmart in Hudson has the basic range ammo at decent prices... If that is what your looking for 10 min away

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hmm I needed a couple hundred rounds but if the ammo selection sucks then I'll get it somewhere else.

The selection won't suck.... it's just that the prices on some or much of it will. Still might be cheaper than some MA gun stores
but will not be cheaper than (or even equal to) Wal Mart.

-Mike

OK folks, I set up tonight at the Marlboro show and saw some GREAT deals. A Krag in 98% condition with a REAL bayo and sheath. 2 Eddystones, a Finn 91 with a beautiful tiger stripped stock dated 1944 at Petes guns for 275 but he will take 250. An all matching with a pristine bore 1903A3 for $550. AK 47 and 74's. Saigas in all calibers but 308. Again not all dealers were setting up so there could be some tomorrow.

The NY ammo guys were there and they jacked their prices up from Manchester[frown].

A Star pistol in pristine condition , the model that shoots the 9mm largo. A bunch of High Standard 22 from early models to newer, meaning late 70 at some very good prices.

My point I have worked this show for years and saw rifles and hand guns of very good quality for very decent prices. But you better get there early or believe me they will be gone.

No I am not buying them, saving up for my new Barrett.[smile]

p.s. the promoter is charging $50 for the weekend to hook up to electricity so we can run our lap top and printer. 50 bucks. RIP OFF!!!!

Last edited:
Any sw 1911 e series? If so...I'll high tail it tomorrow instead of waiting until Sunday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom