• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

NES Member
This show always deserves it's own thread.... for better or worse....

http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/mar/MARLBORO.htm

all-coupon%20w-background.gif

Flyer
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/mar/MARLBORO FLYER JANUARY 12.pdf

I always go. I've picked up a few guns over the years, but I mainly search out for parts, mags, and ammo. I always try and buy some stuff from some of the dealers I like but don't see often. Also, other than NES shoots and meet & greets, it is the best way to see/meet other NES shooters. There are a bunch of people I'm hoping to catch up with at the show.

The other cool thing about Mahhhburrah is watching out for the "contractors" and other mall ninja types.

I swear the last time I was there Atilla, Atmay, and myself saw a couple of guys trying to channel RTT-CQB man. They failed miserably, however...they were DEFINITELY NOT in the primary, though, as they got their rifles ziptied by the staffers at the door. [laugh]

-Mike

went to this back when I was 16 and was pretty great. Be even better now that I can hold stuff :) . Hows the selection for C&Rs?

As I've said before....there are bargains if you know the "real world" value of what you want. Dealers are there to make money, so there might not be a huge discount. One of the perpetual complaints is that the dealers wanted so much for their inventory.

Go to the show, keep your eyes open, be ready to make the deal when you finnd it - I've heard more than one story of someone who lost the item they wanted in the time it took to hit the ATM.

Have fun.

Its an OK show, I still prefer the New Hampshire shows if only for the no sales tax. Also any state that has on its license plates Live Free or Die IMO is where I want to purchase my firearms.
Marlboro can be great, or really slow. There have been times when its been so crowed folks a three deep at tables.
Then of course there are the guys who stand in the middle of the isles talking about who knows what for 20 minutes all the time your trying to get past them to see something on a table. The N.Y. ammo guys are there with their usual attitude and could care less approach. Since they are the only big ammo dealer they jack up prices. I suggest, and its just MO that you go to a New Hampshire show to buy your ammo.

I like Marlboro for another reason, I get to see more NES folks than any other show. I sometimes cant talk to much because I am busy but try and tell folks of some good deals I saw while setting up.

So stop by and check in, I work part time for Stoney Acre Sports, just remember I don't price the owners inventory. i try and tell him if he is asking to much but it is still his inventory. I do my best to get any NES friend the best price.

went to this back when I was 16 and was pretty great. Be even better now that I can hold stuff :) . Hows the selection for C&Rs?

Swing by the Powder Keg table. I'll be working there and get you talking to the Owner. He knows a TON about that stuff...and will have some pretty cool stuff if you're into that.

I think that I'll have a few things to sell there as well...as long as the boss gives me the OK to sell them at his table.

Swing by the Powder Keg table. I'll be working there and get you talking to the Owner. He knows a TON about that stuff...and will have some pretty cool stuff if you're into that.

I think that I'll have a few things to sell there as well...as long as the boss gives me the OK to sell them at his table.

Oh my god, C-pher at a gun show. Just like the old days. Gonna be there Sunday? And will I have to bring you to get your lunch?

Pretty sure it was $10 in the fall. $11 without coupon and $10 with, maybe.

I'm off my diet that day. Some of the best food in the land can be had nearby. Hope it's mild that day so waiting in line won't be a bear.

Best alternative to a Eastern MA show. Hoping that Plymouth (October) works out, too. That could bring in some south-shore and Cape dealers we don't normally see. :)

Just watch out for the guy with the fold-up 2 wheeler on the hunt for surplus ammo. He's like a bull in a china shop trying to run the aisles in search of a deal. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom