GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

anybody feel like placing bets on what time some idiot will fire an air rifle into the ceiling (like what seems to happen at every show)

I'm still trying to decide if I want to show up this year. I haven't missed the January Marlboro show in like 9 years or something but this year is different. I have a project car to restore and I need to save every penny I can.

That's why you should bring some stuph to sell [laugh]

A couple of years ago I scored a Colt 1911 MKIV Series 70 for $562 OTD at this show. It needed a bit of TLC and a lot of cleaning, but it was a great find from an excellent dealer.

Deals can be had, but you have to know what you are looking for and what you should pay.

I saw SR1911s at the Manchester show, so I would expect to see them in Marlboro as well.

Good luck.

Who had the Ruger SR1911's

I was looking for them but never saw one?

Must of gone fast because I wasn't that far back in the line or I started at the wrong end
Oh well, maybe next time

DOWNWIND

I haven't missed a Marlborough show since I got my LTC.. (It is about a minute from my range).. I've bought a few things there.. I'm looking for an older lever action Marlin .22.. and would love to find a WWII era 1911.. I saw a really nice, early SN 1911 'Ithaca'; but didn't bite.. just not sure what to look for.. I'm new to collecting..

anybody feel like placing bets on what time some idiot will fire an air rifle into the ceiling (like what seems to happen at every show)

Or you mean the idiots dry firing the air rifles ? I hear that all the time.

At least that guy in the bacl stopped broadcasting the goose stepping music. [rofl]

I wonder if the "Contractors" will come back. (watch out for the 2 guys in ACU carrying around AR clones that they have no intention of selling). [rofl]

-Mike

What do you think a 70's Sako Forester L579 cal 22-250 with the curly maple stock rosewood tip and silver inlay on the trigger guard and floor plate Original Nikor scope and factory peep site would trade for? Oh and this was brought back from Germany so there is no importer marks on it.

Or you mean the idiots dry firing the air rifles ? I hear that all the time.

At least that guy in the bacl stopped broadcasting the goose stepping music. [rofl]

I wonder if the "Contractors" will come back. (watch out for the 2 guys in ACU carrying around AR clones that they have no intention of selling). [rofl]

-Mike

If you are referring to those two clowns with mismatched BDUs and poorly concealed Glocks, I know exactly what to look for [rofl]

Oooh! This will be my first show. I think I will go on Sunday morning. Hoping to meet some of you guys there [smile]

I'll be at the GOAL table Sunday AM. Stop by and say hi.

Don't forget to stop by the Powder Keg Table to say hi...I'll be working both days.

Chuckster, I'll try to stop by on Sun and say hi!

I've never been to one of these shows. Do they typically have anyone selling pre-ban AR mags? If so, are they reasonably priced and legitimately pre-ban (nobody selling PMAGS as pre-ban)?

Yes, there are genuine pre-ban AR mags for sale at the shows.

You need to do your homework before going to the shows. You need to know what a reasonable price is and you need to know what really is pre-ban and what really is a felony to possess!

Yes, there are unscrupulous dealers selling post-ban mags as pre-ban . . . for a premium of course. [angry]

And yes, I've seen Pmags for sale, marked as "pre-ban"! [shocked]

I've never been to one of these shows. Do they typically have anyone selling pre-ban AR mags? If so, are they reasonably priced and legitimately pre-ban (nobody selling PMAGS as pre-ban)?

What Len said, except I'll add that there are typically plenty of legit ones at these shows, too, and it's not that hard to figure out which is which. Most (but not all) USGI style AR mags are date coded. Look for mags that have pre 94 codes and no LE markings.

-Mike

Guaranteed! Sunday, you said??

Oh, and I may or may not be the only tall, white guy there... nevermind, pretty sure I won't be the only one. [laugh] ... but a goofy picture of me is in my profile.

Yep, Sunday.. bright and early, hopefully [wink] I think I'm going with my fiance (tall, white guy), and my friend (asian girl). We should be kind of easy to spot. I'll be the "smaller" one of the two lol... haha

We'll be there, stop by and say hi!

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Planning on going Sat morning. Hitting the Golden Spoon in Hopkinton around 8am too for some good eats.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk not while driving! ;-)

I may or may not be the only tiny asian there, but if you see me, say hi! [wave]

Hey, I resemble that statement... Well, I don't know if I'm "tiny."

Planning on going Sat morning. Hitting the Golden Spoon in Hopkinton around 8am too for some good eats.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk not while driving! ;-)

Nice... I live 5 minutes from the Spoon!

- HP

I think im going on saturday, that way i can go shooting sunday.
Looking for 30-06 garand ammo, and some 12 guage for a new toy[smile]

Still want a nagant, hopefully there are more here than manchester

Back
Top Bottom