5/25/24 NHAC GUN SHOW!!!! YES, ONE THAT'S NOT GOING TO BE CANCELED!!

ATTENTION NES MEMBERS, IGNORE THE LISTING ON GUN SHOW TRADER, ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE BOD FROM NHAC WAS INFORMED THAT THE INFORMATION IN THE GST SHOWS THE WRONG DATE AND THE WRONG CONTACT INFORMATION

ATTENTION NES MEMBERS, IGNORE THE LISTING ON GUN SHOW TRADER, ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE BOD FROM NHAC WAS INFORMED THAT THE INFORMATION IN THE GST SHOWS THE WRONG DATE AND THE WRONG CONTACT INFORMATION
I WAS JUST INFORMED BY PETER SHIRLEY, TREASURER, THAT HE WAS ABLE TO CONTACT GST AND CORRECT THE INFORMATION LISTED THERE.

I guess this falls under the “tell me you’re a boomer without telling me you’re a boomer”, but I never understood charging an entry fee to go to something to buy things. To me, it’s like paying to park at the hospital.

Holiday weekend, great weather and poor advertising made for a crappy show for most vendors. I did okay but there were many people with stupid prices as though Slo-Joe had been re-elected a week prior. The economy was to blame to a certain extent but lots of potential buyers just had deep pockets and short arms. At least there was some nice eye candy helping out at a table near us.🤤

I thought it was a decent show. Run of the mill ammo was 50% overpriced, come on... WalMart $20 Federal Bulk Paks .22 for $35????? I could see this during the great .22 shortage, but not now. I picked up some carbine parts and some particular 20 ga shells my shotgun likes. Best deal I saw was an FEG AMD65 for $850, probably should have grabbed it!

Was kind disappointed , but not a total waste of time IMO. Typical overpriced guns and ammo. I was there before the doors opened with my dad since we both know what to look for in bargain bin. We got some mags for less than stores or online, some bayonets, and some gear.

Came back an hour before close. 1 day show right? Sell it or pack it. Made some offers at 60%-70% sticker price, no takers. Per usual, gonna have to buy it at their estate sale.

I guess this falls under the “tell me you’re a boomer without telling me you’re a boomer”, but I never understood charging an entry fee to go to something to buy things. To me, it’s like paying to park at the hospital.
Entry fee is on the promoter.
They have expenses to cover and still make a buck.
You do realize you're paying a fee everytime you buy something, right?
Those brick and mortar stores cost money to build and operate.
Amazon free delivery isn't really free.

Entry fee is on the promoter.
They have expenses to cover and still make a buck.
You do realize you're paying a fee everytime you buy something, right?
Those brick and mortar stores cost money to build and operate.
Amazon free delivery isn't really free.
I do, and it wasn’t meant as a criticism, just one of those things I’ve never been able to get over I guess. I just wish they could find a way in their business plan to eliminate it. Yes, you’d get more tire kickers, but you never know when you’re going to make a convert. Just my way of looking at things YMMV

I grabbed a pile of reloading stuff and ammunition for a buddy. Got great deals on all of that. Scott’s mom is a tough negotiator- she pried $100 out of me for a tree seat and a nice Redfield (leupold ownership era) scope that I don’t really need. Also grabbed a nice holster for snubby K Frame. Saw some good/great deals for stuff I don’t need.

Definitely worth the $10 admission and 90 minutes I spent. Need to find a different date or venue. Saturday of Memorial Day weekend is tough.

As far as overhead goes, back when Patti Diprete (RIP) was doing two Saturday-Sunday shows a year there - think it was 2017 or 18 when she sold the business - 3 day rental for the rink was about $5100. Then she had to rent tables which included set-up and take down. She had 3 or 4 people who worked for her on the admission door. Exits were covered by a private security firm which she paid for. Concord required at least one CPD officer. Then you add advertising, which included multiple print media plus several radio stations. Don't forget the liability insurance policy. I think the rental of tables to vendors covered that overhead so profit was in the admission fee.

Back
Top Bottom