GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

I'll be headed there twice on saturday, once in the morning by myself , because im on the lookout for glock 17 mags, then with 2 friends later, so i can get them into guns and shooting

OK folks, I set up tonight at the Marlboro show and saw some GREAT deals. A Krag in 98% condition with a REAL bayo and sheath. 2 Eddystones, a Finn 91 with a beautiful tiger stripped stock dated 1944 at Petes guns for 275 but he will take 250. An all matching with a pristine bore 1903A3 for $550. AK 47 and 74's. Saigas in all calibers but 308. Again not all dealers were setting up so there could be some tomorrow.

The NY ammo guys were there and they jacked their prices up from Manchester[frown].

A Star pistol in pristine condition , the model that shoots the 9mm largo. A bunch of High Standard 22 from early models to newer, meaning late 70 at some very good prices.

My point I have worked this show for years and saw rifles and hand guns of very good quality for very decent prices. But you better get there early or believe me they will be gone.

No I am not buying them, saving up for my new Barrett.[smile]

p.s. the promoter is charging $50 for the weekend to hook up to electricity so we can run our lap top and printer. 50 bucks. RIP OFF!!!!

Great report Fred! I'll probably see you tomorrow.

-Mike

When do the doors open?

Like Type0 says, I think it's 9 am. If you want to park within a mile of the place you better get there at 8:30, if not earlier. [laugh] Line typically takes 10-20 minutes to wind down once it queues up.

-Mike

We'll be there for our first show as a dealer! We'll have a swell metal laser-cut sign proudly adorning our booth, and some interesting goodies for sale. Best of all we'll have pre-ban mags that are.....actually pre-ban! Hope to see you all at the booth and best of luck at the show!

I'll be sure to stop by as well.

p.s. the promoter is charging $50 for the weekend to hook up to electricity so we can run our lap top and printer. 50 bucks. RIP OFF!!!!

That's crap. We packed a 100 foot extension cord...we've also got a deep cycle battery and an inverter if we can't find power.

I'm still at work fighting an issue...so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be BEAT tired tomorrow. So if you come by our table and I'm napping, just kick my feet and wake me up.

I knew I should not have slept so late yesterday afternoon.

I went to sleep a 9pm tonight and can't sleep anymore.

Too excited for this show!

It's going to be a long day.

Let me sleep for 2 more hours and I'll ready.

I am going to get there early and may even provide intel via Tapatalk on who is selling Glock mags and if any are left.

In the future I hope to get an app that will detail who has what on my iPhone like they do at big trade shows.

Well this newb will be there. If I see anyone with some NES gear on I'll be sure to say hell. This will be my first time at a gun shop. Just got my license 2 days ago!

Well this newb will be there. If I see anyone with some NES gear on I'll be sure to say hell. This will be my first time at a gun shop. Just got my license 2 days ago!

Congrats on your license! I'm going to take a cat nap and then get ready to go.

Would it be legal to sell a few extra pre ban Glock mags that I have at the gun show?

I see people walking around with signs selling their guns.

So, could I do that with mags and sell to an individual?

It is a gun show after all, right?

Sound like a stupid question, but we are in Massachusetts.

Hmm I needed a couple hundred rounds but if the ammo selection sucks then I'll get it somewhere else.

Call Sun Devil out of Arizona, one of the best builders according to Shooting times. I have two lowers made by them. The quality is far superior to anything I have seen produced locally.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to show up this year. I haven't missed the January Marlboro show in like 9 years or something but this year is different. I have a project car to restore and I need to save every penny I can.

I'm probably going to go sunday. Nothing I want or really need, I just need to get out of the area and have a change of scenery. Come sunday, I'll buy you a box of Mak ammo John. [laugh]

Checklist: Cigar to smoke while in line, backpack, flashlight, bore light, magnifying glass, copies of C&R and money.

Good list[smile]

Anyone have experience checking their CCW at the show? Positive, negative or otherwise?

There is no such thing as "checking" it at a gun show. If you declare it you will be asked to unload and your gun will get ziptied. Some of the shows they keep your ammo at the front, but I forget if Marlboro does this or not.

-Mike

Put it in a plastic bag with a card with you name on it. Get it back when you leave, and they ask you to load outside when they hand it to you.

The line is a mile long. Must be the lack of cold weather bringing out the crowd. Can't see waiting to just look around. Later Marlboro.

Not getting there until a little later this morning... wonder how long the line will be...

- HP

Are there any NES gun gurus that will be set up in there? In case I decided to buy something on the spot might need some advice?

Show is typical marlburrah. Some deals on guns. Forget about preban pistol mags- What few are there are overpriced. LOTS of people. I had to get out. The fartgas from some of the attendees was starting to get to me.

The fartgas from some of the attendees was starting to get to me.

Next year we should set up a booth for these:

ge_back.jpg

Yes, that's underwear with a charcoal filter.

Back
Top Bottom